LiveFight
August 17, 2017, 07:43:50 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Klitschko ponders if AJ is simply the next "Bruno"  (Read 4221 times)
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 05:48:55 PM »

Wlad's left hook is his danger punch, but to land that he first has to lull them to sleep with the jab then sneak a hook in by surprise. And I really don't think it'll go that way. I don't think he'll get the slow paced, peck and poke encounter he likes.

Wlad doesn't counter and doesn't fight fire with fire if under attack, he's not a natural fighter like that. When under attack his eyes widen and he just looks to hold. Waiting on Wlad is where its dangerous, attacking him not so much. Sounds a contradiction but fighting with caution would be far more risky against Klitschko, who can pick his shots well if given time to think and set them up.

Joshua needs to come out assertively, but I expect he will and if he does then good things will happen for him. I just can't see Wlad blasting back at him. He hasn't got that kind of mentality.

The danger in this fight is if Joshua comes out with too much respect for Klitschko and Wlad does get to fight at his preferred tempo. But if Joshua comes out as he always has done then I think he'll get it done early and with minimal risk.

Spot on mate...this is exactly my thinking
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2017, 05:48:55 PM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2017, 08:17:21 AM »

I hope the fight is more entertaining than the face off
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2017, 09:03:05 AM »

I hope the fight is more entertaining than the face off

It was like two dogs sniffing each other bottom's for twenty minutes.

Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2017, 10:47:42 AM »

Grin

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 11:00:28 AM »

It was horrendous,  WWE HAYE/Bellew bullshit was at least worthy of watching and we could all comment on it.

The points proven by me being the first to mention it days after it.

I'm all for 'respect' but id rather listen to the missis try and explain the off side rule.

I hope they aint hugging and touching gloves/smiling in-between every round similar to Pac/Mosley.

Dont get me wrong here i know there is no need to 'sell' this fight but it was poor viewing.

Josh has a personality of an plank on camera, if you unplugged the auto-cue i think he'd be completely clueless  Grin
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2017, 11:00:28 AM »

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2017, 05:05:27 PM »

All that was missing from the gloves are off was some wine, a candle light and some dinner
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2017, 05:33:15 PM »

I was watching a youtube clip of Mccracken and AJ on the pads which was filmed this week and the first thing I weirdly thought about was the title of this thread. Now a pad clip sparring rumours etc are all of that but this week was the first time I have really watched AJ fast jab very quick and powerful right hand same as big Frank Bruno but other than that he's truly awful very amateur like and moves back and forth upright and in rigid straight lines he looks an accident waiting to happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GobmEYQgbTw&t=426s

A Slice of Life
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2017, 05:41:23 PM »

I was watching a youtube clip of Mccracken and AJ on the pads which was filmed this week and the first thing I weirdly thought about was the title of this thread. Now a pad clip sparring rumours etc are all of that but this week was the first time I have really watched AJ fast jab very quick and powerful right hand same as big Frank Bruno but other than that he's truly awful very amateur like and moves back and forth upright and in rigid straight lines he looks an accident waiting to happen.

Several people I know have said similar but I just can't see past Klitschkos inactivity.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2017, 05:46:57 PM »

I think you're being a little bit harsh....from watching the footage of him on the pads and heavybag, Its clear they're simply working on the tactics required to flatten Wlad working off what we know that Wlad will try and do.

There is plenty of work to be done regarding his overall development and I wouldn't mind seeing him lay off the weights and bit and become a bit sleeker.  But for this fight I quite like what I've seen him and McCracken working on.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2017, 06:09:30 AM »

I think you're being a little bit harsh....from watching the footage of him on the pads and heavybag, Its clear they're simply working on the tactics required to flatten Wlad working off what we know that Wlad will try and do.

There is plenty of work to be done regarding his overall development and I wouldn't mind seeing him lay off the weights and bit and become a bit sleeker.  But for this fight I quite like what I've seen him and McCracken working on.

I don't think I am being harsh at all please watch the clip and whilst his size must be taken into account that's not great which is the most recent clip of AJ. Does all of this mean I think he'll lose 'NO' I really think this fight all comes down to what Klit has left rather than what AJ brings at present.

If Klit has a bit off movement can slow AJ down and get his jab working then it might end up being a long night for him.

A Slice of Life
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2017, 08:14:08 AM »

Klitschko has a great jab when he gets it going.

Having boxed in front of stadiums for years and knowing AJ was once just made up the numbers for his sparring team, he's got a decent mental advantage.

Being overly confident after knocking over poor opposition, boxing in London and have the full Sky team behind him... might lull AJ into a frame of mind where he will be over confident, go in for the crowd-pleasing kill ...and be knocked out himself.

Many forecast Wlad's arse would fall out against Haye but he shot out of the corner and pinned him for 12 rounds solid. It was a very offensive approach.

If this indeed Wlad's swansong, will he want to go out as a coward? I dont think so myself..

AJ is a big unit and Wlad might be intimidated - but he's fought guys just as big in the past and closed the show after a few cagey rounds. We will see.

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2017, 09:37:14 AM »

Having boxed in front of stadiums for years and knowing AJ was once just made up the numbers for his sparring team, he's got a decent mental advantage.

Being overly confident after knocking over poor opposition, boxing in London and have the full Sky team behind him... might lull AJ into a frame of mind where he will be over confident, go in for the crowd-pleasing kill ...and be knocked out himself.

Many forecast Wlad's arse would fall out against Haye but he shot out of the corner and pinned him for 12 rounds solid. It was a very offensive approach.

If this indeed Wlad's swansong, will he want to go out as a coward? I dont think so myself..

AJ is a big unit and Wlad might be intimidated - but he's fought guys just as big in the past and closed the show after a few cagey rounds. We will see.

<iframe width="660" height="415" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/evjWxQoeIR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I think everyone is basing Wlad on his performance v Fury and inactivity. Up until then he had hardly lost a round for years

As much as I am not a big AJ fan I feel he is in a no win situation here. If he loses he has lost to someone Fury already beat. If he wins everyone will say Wlad was past his best
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2017, 09:39:13 AM »

I don't think I am being harsh at all please watch the clip and whilst his size must be taken into account that's not great which is the most recent clip of AJ. Does all of this mean I think he'll lose 'NO' I really think this fight all comes down to what Klit has left rather than what AJ brings at present.

If Klit has a bit off movement can slow AJ down and get his jab working then it might end up being a long night for him.

It doesn't need a complex plan for Joshua to beat Klitschko, what I've seen in the clips will be enough. I'd rather see Joshua get a few routines ingrained than look to do to much.

Klitschko has used skittish movement and the jab in the past to prevail, but I think Joshua is as big, as fast(probably faster) so I don't see that working in this fight. The danger in this fight comes in waiting on Klitschko, giving him time to get comfortable and get something going. But Joshua has never been one to hang about and from the clips they're looking at opening up in short, brutal bursts whilst also working on stuff to combat Klitschko's expected spoiling tactics.

Overall I would like to see Joshua lose a few pounds of muscle, work on fluidity and loosening up. But for this fight I think he basically needs to take no sh*t and just get stuck right into Klitschko. The clips seem to indicate that is indeed the plan.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2017, 10:08:04 AM »

<iframe width="660" height="415" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/evjWxQoeIR0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thing is....I think if Joshua does go in for the kill, that won't hurt him because Wlad doesn't counter punch off an opponents attacks. He instead looks to slow the pace behind the jab and jabfeints, and then tries to slot a big bomb in off that once he's got the opponent under some sort of control.

Don't get me wrong....I don't want see Joshua get reckless, but I do want to see him step to Klitschko, put him on the back foot and fire positively.

Wlad won't want to go out a coward as you say.....but he's not a natural fighter when all is said and done. He never really looks relaxed or comfortable in the ring, and that he's been so tense in the past has resulted in stamina issues. He's worked hard to try and relax more in there and if he can get in a comfort zone then he's okay and can be effective.....but take that away and all the old flaws seen before are still there.

Wlad has fought some big men before....but they had precious little apart from size. Whilst I think its fair to say that Joshua is big and as powerful as anyone Wlad has ever fought, Haye could really crack too but Wlad was much the larger man so had that comfort zone.
Sam Peter was powerful, but had about as much movement and ability as a rock(though he did of course have Wlad over multiple times)
But Joshua though matches Wlad for sheer size so straight away one of Wlad's usual comfort zones is taken away. And only have to look at the Fury fight to see how much Wlad struggled against a man his size who came to win.

Joshua having too much respect is the only slight concern for me, and no question Klitschko is doing all he can to ramp up the mental games at the moment. Doing it all pally pally style, but he's trying to make Joshua take a step back and think too much. Wlad wants a chess match, not a shoot out. Though Joshua can outwit him if he continues to show Wlad plenty of respect prior to the first bell, let Wlad think he's got on top mentally.....only to go ape sh*t on him once the bell sounds.

I'm not really worried about this fight....I fully expect Joshua to get the job done early. But if he doesn't and Klitschko manages to prevail then all credit to Wlad. I wouldn't begrudge him the win because he'd have earned it....but I don't see it happening.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2017, 11:09:44 AM »

This is AJ's defying fight to date, majority have been walk overs bar whyte. 

Is Wlad decrepit?  Even if so he is still better than anyone he's faced by some distance IMO.

I'm not a huge wlad fan by any means but at least he should be in the ring with JOSH and its worthy PPV unlike previously.

If AJ wins as expected then credit to him where its due, but I wont be jumping on the bloody Hearn greatest heavyweight known to mankind ever wagon that will be shoved down my neck.

Who does he fight next? There is only Wilder that is meaningful unless Hughie comes good of his brother sliced half his body off with a kebab knife and gets back in the ring.

Sorry forgot about Bellew, hes a contender to rule the roost and dont be surprised 'if' we get sold that as AJ's next fight  Grin

LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: