LiveFight
April 25, 2017, 10:28:28 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eubank Jnr....an observation  (Read 2215 times)
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 09:26:13 AM »

I think that slightly harsh....Eubanks stopping his opponents consistently...he's clearly not going to blow anyone away with one shot but he has power. I'd back him to stop everyone that Golovkin has although not in the same fashion.

He's hell bent on stopping people and he's hitting them clean as a whistle time and time again......even with that being the case he's still going rounds before getting them out of there, and these aren't true world class operators either. A fighter with genuine punching power would have had Quinlan out of there in half the time and genuinely hurt, considering how sickeningly clean he was being hit throughout.

If Golovkin is an A+ puncher, then I'd rate Jnr's power a C....no better than that.

His problems may come against the opposition with the capacity to do damage themselves rather than who are just sitting ducks. If Eubank continues to take risks in pursuit of landing bombs then he'll come a cropper. If he wants to have a chance at real world success then sooner or later he's going to have to take a step back and take a more celebral approach and use his speed and athleticism, rather than looking to be a master blaster.

" Thanks Wlad, good game...We should play another round or two soon eh? "

LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2017, 09:26:13 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 10:42:03 AM »

I see that Jamie Cox has called him out. That's a good fight and would be competitive so I'm pretty sure Eubank will swerve it.

X2
Havoc
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 11:19:22 AM »

He isn't a big puncher, in fact he's a relatively light hitter.

He has excellent speed and punch selection but if he was a 'puncher' he'd have taken the Aussie out much earlier. He was hitting him completely clean and still the fella stayed on his feet. If a genuine banger was landing those sort of clean punches then Quinlan would have been flattened.

Truth be told....its highly likely that Nick Blackwell would not have suffered the injuries he did if Eubank was a more genuine puncher. Sounds strange to say but instead of being blasted out early, he instead took a prolonged beating instead.

I think Eubank Jnr is a spiteful fighter who certainly looks to do damage, but his power is only mediocre and he needs to get away from loading up 'looking' to blast people away. He'd be better served just using his speed and ability to box without forcing it. I think he really tries to be exciting, and in fairness his fights are entertaining because he's fast and flashy and aggressive. But he gives up his own defense too much when loading up and given that he really isn't a banger, this could be a problem against better opposition where he might come off second best in open trading of power punches.

I do think he poses genuine issues to anyone at 160/68 and I don't discount his chances of having major success. But he needs to focus on boxing not banging. Boxing and athleticism are where his strengths lay, not in his punch power and he needs to recognise and accept that.

This!
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 11:24:35 AM »

I'd like to see him in there with a few of Golovkin's opponents to gauge his level, I think he struggles against a few of them who know their way round.
I'd back Curtis Stevens, Munroe Jr and David Lemieux at MW vs Eubank. He doesn't hit hard enough to keep them off him and doesn't work hard enough to keep them at range.

I'm not sure about that, as Lurkyshaka has pointed out Eubank has been in with sitting ducks....he may have more success flattering opponents when they actually come at him rather then sitting on the ropes for a beat down.

Can't help but think had GGG moved up to super mid and stopped Quinlan people would be raving about it...claiming GGG has the power at super mid and stopped a guy who'd never been stopped.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 11:50:05 AM »

I'm not sure about that, as Lurkyshaka has pointed out Eubank has been in with sitting ducks....he may have more success flattering opponents when they actually come at him rather then sitting on the ropes for a beat down.

Can't help but think had GGG moved up to super mid and stopped Quinlan people would be raving about it...claiming GGG has the power at super mid and stopped a guy who'd never been stopped.

I think you're right there. If GGG moved up and did the same to Quinlan people would rave about it... that said it's because of what he has done at 160.
Eubank never looked to have massive power as a MW, hence him stopping Quinlan has gone largely un heralded as Quinlan is just seen as a sitting duck now.

Still can't see him in with the elite with big success though.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2017, 11:50:05 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 11:53:07 AM »

If Tommy Langford had moved up and stopped Quinlan no one would have raved about it.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »

If Tommy Langford had moved up and stopped Quinlan no one would have raved about it.

If GGG knocked out Tommy Langford you'd rave about it.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2017, 11:57:00 AM »

I think you're right there. If GGG moved up and did the same to Quinlan people would rave about it... that said it's because of what he has done at 160.
Eubank never looked to have massive power as a MW, hence him stopping Quinlan has gone largely un heralded as Quinlan is just seen as a sitting duck now.

Still can't see him in with the elite with big success though.

I'd be surprised to see Eubank in with the elite tbh....I think he will likely look at the Murray fight or other previous Golovkin opposition.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2017, 12:01:54 PM »

If GGG knocked out Tommy Langford you'd rave about it.

I wouldn't but if he knocked Kovalev out you'd rubbish it.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2017, 12:14:09 PM »

I wouldn't but if he knocked Kovalev out you'd rubbish it.

I think we know which one of those fights is most likely.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2017, 12:18:54 PM »

I think we know which one of those fights is most likely.

Logically, Langford given that he doesn't fight at 15lbs above GGG's weight class.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2017, 12:26:59 PM »

Logically, Langford given that he doesn't fight at 15lbs above GGG's weight class.

plus Kovalev knocks his head off. Luckily Golovkin only fights at 160lb. Wonder if he'd fight Eubank at 168.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2017, 12:30:14 PM »

I'm not sure that 8lbs equates to Eubank Jr being able to find his biro.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 12:58:10 PM »

If Eubank now has a rematch with BJS, who does everyone thing would win?
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 01:07:31 PM »

A couple of rounds into Eubank Jr's debut, which was on Channel 5 for those with long memories, my Dad made this exact point about Eubank Jr.

He was tee'ing off on the guy with clean shots and he wasn't shaking him at all. It's something I've always thought since that fight.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: