LiveFight
March 25, 2017, 03:45:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eubank Jnr....an observation  (Read 1958 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2017, 11:52:44 AM »

There's hardly any middle ground between Quinlan and the world champions at super mid though. I'd put good money that Eubank v Degale next would be a very competitive fight.

I'd back anyone rated in the top ten at 168 to stop Quinlan.
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2017, 11:52:44 AM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2017, 11:56:14 AM »

I'd back anyone rated in the top ten at 168 to stop Quinlan.

No guarantees there....people criticise Eubanks power but it's not like the other super maids are knocking people over for fun.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2017, 12:04:05 PM »

No guarantees there....people criticise Eubanks power but it's not like the other super maids are knocking people over for fun.

I'm not guaranteeing anything obviously but the gulf between the power of Eubank and someone like Groves seems huge given that Eubank wasn't a big single shot puncher at 160.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2017, 12:09:09 PM »

I think another big factor is the fact that Eubank never really faced anyone who could punch at 160.  I'd imagine that almost all of his opponents there had a KO percentage of around 50% or less.  Given he's been matched safe at the lower weight there will be a big difference when the guys at 168 connect with him.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2017, 12:09:54 PM »

I'm not guaranteeing anything obviously but the gulf between the power of Eubank and someone like Groves seems huge given that Eubank wasn't a big single shot puncher at 160.

I'd favour Eubank to stop everyone that groves has...maybe not in the same fashion.
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2017, 12:09:54 PM »

Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2017, 01:24:21 PM »

He also would have beaten Saunders if he didn't take the first half of the fight off posing.

He still does that bollocks though. I think it's highly likely he'd do the exact same thing again.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2017, 03:32:15 PM »

I'd favour Eubank to stop everyone that groves has...maybe not in the same fashion.

Do you think Eubank could put Carl Froch on his backside?  Evil Grin
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2017, 05:30:17 PM »

I recall rumours of how well Eubank did when sparing with Froch in build up to the second knock out of Groves.

Lot of Eubank bashing on here but people seem to forget just how poor the super mid division is ATM.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2017, 05:42:37 PM »

Grin

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2017, 06:38:54 PM »

I recall rumours of how well Eubank did when sparing with Froch in build up to the second knock out of Groves.

Lot of Eubank bashing on here but people seem to forget just how poor the super mid division is ATM.

Eubank v Groves would be an intriguing fight. Groves is a hard hitting SMW but Eubank supposedly has a good chin. Groves has trouble down the stretch and Eubank can motor through 12 rounds. It would be one of those where you'd fancy Groves early or Eubank late.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2017, 07:08:14 PM »

He still does that bollocks though. I think it's highly likely he'd do the exact same thing again.

I think it's highly likely he'd showboat again, but in terms of taking half the fight off again, I can't see happening. He'd go after him harder and earlier, Saunders wouldn't make the distance.

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2017, 08:22:03 PM »

Eubank v Groves would be an intriguing fight. Groves is a hard hitting SMW but Eubank supposedly has a good chin. Groves has trouble down the stretch and Eubank can motor through 12 rounds. It would be one of those where you'd fancy Groves early or Eubank late.

It's a good option for Groves n all. Would like to see Eubank stay at the weight and have a go at the other Brits.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2017, 05:02:26 AM »

It's a good option for Groves n all. Would like to see Eubank stay at the weight and have a go at the other Brits.

I saw someone mention on twitter the idea of a British super six at SMW. Groves, Degale, Callum Smith, Eubank JR, Jamie Cox and Murray. Wouldn't be a bad idea.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2017, 09:12:36 AM »

I saw someone mention on twitter the idea of a British super six at SMW. Groves, Degale, Callum Smith, Eubank JR, Jamie Cox and Murray. Wouldn't be a bad idea.

I don't think a Super Six would be viable as the depth of quality just isn't there to sustain it.  Although with Groves and Smith having imminent World Title shots, Eubank, Cox and Murray could have a box off.  That would provide for a respectable Super Four with DeGale if Groves and Smith were successful. 
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2017, 02:20:40 PM »

I think it would be a good idea except none of the other promoters would work with the eubanks
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: