LiveFight
November 22, 2017, 09:06:38 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The tortured soul of Edwin Valero (boxingnewsonline)  (Read 1277 times)
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: February 07, 2017, 06:06:11 PM »

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/the-tortured-soul-of-edwin-valero/

Read this article online yesterday, reminded of just how horrific and tragic this story was at the time. Can't believe it was 7 years ago already doesn't seem that long ago, reading this piece makes it seem a lot more recent. Actually quite sickening to read the events leading up to his end.

Just thought I'd share.  Cool
LiveFight
« on: February 07, 2017, 06:06:11 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 10:35:52 PM »

Drugs are bad.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 10:19:58 AM »

As talented as he was he was still a wife beating lunatic  Angry
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2017, 06:01:29 PM »

Good read that, sad though.

Wasn't he rumoured to have been slapping Oscar silly in sparring while Oscar was preparing to fight Manny?

Team Groves
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 10:18:24 PM »

Good read that, sad though.

Wasn't he rumoured to have been slapping Oscar silly in sparring while Oscar was preparing to fight Manny?

Yeah Valero was send home because Oscar was taking shots and  couldn't land back.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 10:18:24 PM »

waller
V.I.P

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2017, 11:17:45 PM »

Tortured soul  Roll Eyes

Nothing more than a wife beating thug. Hope he rots in hell.

"English motherfucker, do you speak it?!"
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 11:21:31 PM »

there were a lot of stories about this guy, his talent seems to be undeniable but he was also a complete nuisance. turning up as a paid sparing partner then trying to make a name for himself by taking their heads off in the first minute.

obviously he was damaged goods and boxing wont have helped at all. werent the photos of the crime scene available to view on facebook or something? im sure someone posted the link here which is why i remembered it.

hes hardly alone in battering his wife, boxing has plenty of these gobshites, some of them held in high regard despite convictions and jail time for such crimes, their domestic abuse issues never mentioned. another win for the sport of boxing.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2017, 05:07:34 AM »

Boxing is full of wasted talents that don't get to where they should because they don't work hard enough and people that have less natural talent and get further than they should that do work hard. The few that have talent plus the dedication are the ones that end up in the elite bracket.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 07:59:06 PM »

there were a lot of stories about this guy, his talent seems to be undeniable but he was also a complete nuisance. turning up as a paid sparing partner then trying to make a name for himself by taking their heads off in the first minute.

obviously he was damaged goods and boxing wont have helped at all. werent the photos of the crime scene available to view on facebook or something? im sure someone posted the link here which is why i remembered it.

hes hardly alone in battering his wife, boxing has plenty of these gobshites, some of them held in high regard despite convictions and jail time for such crimes, their domestic abuse issues never mentioned. another win for the sport of boxing.

Think they was yeah, think their was pictures of Gattis death too.

Team Groves
Rooney

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »

Met Valero at Pacquiao v Oscar. I have shook hands many world champions but this guy was a different animal, he literally crushed my hand and nearly ripped my arm out the socket, it was pure natural strength and he didn't even realise what he had done. Did it to a few of my mates as well, even after I warned them.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: