LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 10:59:17 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eubank Jr Vs Quinlan PPV Numbers  (Read 1625 times)
GOD
Executive Member

« on: February 07, 2017, 09:35:24 PM »

Any news on the numbers?
LiveFight
« on: February 07, 2017, 09:35:24 PM »

Havoc
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2017, 03:19:42 PM »

I think the lack of replies may be all of the information that you need lol  Grin

But am also interested in the numbers  Wink
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2017, 05:44:05 PM »

Bit early yet, they are still Fudgeing the numbers....

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2017, 01:25:51 PM »

Bit early yet, they are still Fudgeing the numbers....

Counting up the refunds for those who got just a blue screen.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 08:34:15 PM »

60,000 buys

According to Eddie Hearn's estimation on Twitter

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:35:21 PM by GOD » Logged
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 08:34:15 PM »

Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 01:53:18 PM »

Utterly amazed it is that high.

If I could get the contact details of those 60,000 people I'd almost certainly make a killing with some magic beans I've got in the lift.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 04:12:23 PM »

Utterly amazed it is that high.

If I could get the contact details of those 60,000 people I'd almost certainly make a killing with some magic beans I've got in the lift.

Apparently, other sources are saying its more around the 75k mark...

Pretty amazing given the shambolic promotion and poor opponent but I guess the Eubank name is strong, added to ITVs outreach (and when Ant and Dec are telling their 6.5 million twitter followers to watch the fight)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 04:24:14 PM »

Apparently, other sources are saying its more around the 75k mark...

Pretty amazing given the shambolic promotion and poor opponent but I guess the Eubank name is strong, added to ITVs outreach (and when Ant and Dec are telling their 6.5 million twitter followers to watch the fight)

60,000 x 12.95 = 777k.

Less production, fees, broadcasting etc plus undercard wages, opponent wages - not to mention the heap of refunds for everyone who had problems purchasing via Sky remote, I can see it being fairly slim pickings by the time it trickles down to the Eubanks / ITV accountants.

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2017, 05:18:45 PM »

60,000 x 12.95 = 777k.

Less production, fees, broadcasting etc plus undercard wages, opponent wages - not to mention the heap of refunds for everyone who had problems purchasing via Sky remote, I can see it being fairly slim pickings by the time it trickles down to the Eubanks / ITV accountants.

I see what your saying but with advertising as well it is a lot more than it would have made if it was on ITV, CHannel 5. I think those numbers will make them think this was a success and will continue to use it in the future
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 06:44:31 PM »

I see what your saying but with advertising as well it is a lot more than it would have made if it was on ITV, CHannel 5. I think those numbers will make them think this was a success and will continue to use it in the future

As someone who knows about ITV fights and advertising etc, trust me that does not go far and certainly not into Eubank's pocket either.

In this instance its poor form to charge for an event and then still put adverts on it too.

(im guessing at the last bit, because i didn't pay for it and caught about 2 rounds of the main event on a shit stream to see how it was going, and it was apparent it would be a 12-round pts win as the visitor tired - and so went to bed)
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2017, 07:11:26 PM »

As someone who knows about ITV fights and advertising etc, trust me that does not go far and certainly not into Eubank's pocket either.

In this instance its poor form to charge for an event and then still put adverts on it too.

(im guessing at the last bit, because i didn't pay for it and caught about 2 rounds of the main event on a shit stream to see how it was going, and it was apparent it would be a 12-round pts win as the visitor tired - and so went to bed)
Irrespective of that my point was sky have the exclusive deal with hearn, due to FW box nation won't touch them and they have made more this way than just by being on terrestrial. For a first attempt they will definitely see this as a success
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2017, 07:25:12 PM »

Irrespective of that my point was sky have the exclusive deal with hearn, due to FW box nation won't touch them and they have made more this way than just by being on terrestrial. For a first attempt they will definitely see this as a success

Fair point mate - but poss more variables to it though.

It was a baron period of boxing, it was a new PPV venture and people curious etc...

...If the Eubank's think they can fight bum after bum, whilst publically calling everyone out but fighting nobody - then that will go pop very very fast.

AKA a scam
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2017, 12:59:59 PM »

Fair point mate - but poss more variables to it though.

It was a baron period of boxing, it was a new PPV venture and people curious etc...

...If the Eubank's think they can fight bum after bum, whilst publically calling everyone out but fighting nobody - then that will go pop very very fast.

AKA a scam
Your spot on it is a scam. I think you might be under estimating how stupid some people are though.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 07:06:55 PM »

Your spot on it is a scam. I think you might be under estimating how stupid some people are though.

Correct.  We shortly have the unseemly spectacle of Haye and Bellew on PPV.  And it'll sell like nobody's business.  Says it all really.  Who can blame them when there are so many Jeremy Kyle candidates willing to part with their hard earned benefits money?   Roll Eyes
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: