LiveFight
April 25, 2017, 10:29:46 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather v McGregor  (Read 3601 times)
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2017, 12:30:48 PM »

How so?

No I mean is that the reasoning behind this or does it come under something else?

You'd think McGregor having a boxing match would technically be a conflict of interest as it will certainly get in the way of his UFC career.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2017, 12:30:48 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 01:06:18 PM »

No I mean is that the reasoning behind this or does it come under something else?

You'd think McGregor having a boxing match would technically be a conflict of interest as it will certainly get in the way of his UFC career.

Ah, right.  I imagine it would be seen as detrimental to his ability to perform his UFC contract.  On top of that there is the potential for the brand image of the UFC to be damaged once McGregor gets dominated by Floyd.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 01:20:36 PM »

There is no way a multi billion dollar company like UFC will not put a clause in fighters contracts that prohibits all outside activities unless sanctioned by UFC. From what I remember reading Ronda Rousey needed permission to appear at Wrestlemania

I still don't see how this happens. UFC will look 2nd rate to boxing when McGregor gets beat. He is there biggest star. Why would they let him? If he then chooses to retire they will create a new start but they won't want to make their promotion look 2nd rate whilst he is still their main draw
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 01:47:37 PM »

Though you could argue that the UFC's reputation will get damaged if they prevent the fight from happening because they know he has no hope of winning. They can't say the same for boxing as at least boxers have tried UFC... and lost.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 02:02:16 PM »

Ah, right.  I imagine it would be seen as detrimental to his ability to perform his UFC contract.  On top of that there is the potential for the brand image of the UFC to be damaged once McGregor gets dominated by Floyd.

I think you could be spot on there...UFC are all about the money but maybe they'd rather lose some then allow their biggest asset to be systematically beat up in the boxing ring.
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2017, 02:02:16 PM »

ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2017, 08:10:47 PM »

There is no way a multi billion dollar company like UFC will not put a clause in fighters contracts that prohibits all outside activities unless sanctioned by UFC. From what I remember reading Ronda Rousey needed permission to appear at Wrestlemania

I still don't see how this happens. UFC will look 2nd rate to boxing when McGregor gets beat. He is there biggest star. Why would they let him? If he then chooses to retire they will create a new start but they won't want to make their promotion look 2nd rate whilst he is still their main draw

Exactly. Let's split a pot three ways, bring a bunch of our casual fans over to boxing, and have our main man get battered and embarrassed. Doesn't make dollars or sense. An embarrassing loss would probably hurt the casual interest in Conor's last four UFC fights. That is if he even continued fighting after that. One Mayweather fight --even after a three-way split-- would probably dwarf what he would make in four fights with the UFC. Could see him retiring and trying to go into promoting.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 09:18:03 PM »

His contract will be water tight ,

These guys can't go skiing without permission never mind box a multimillion coz office boxing match...

taff

« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2017, 03:33:01 PM »

UFC fighters are allowed grappling matches in SUG organization so why not boxing matches? Mind you dana white will want a bite of the cherry
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2017, 04:34:14 PM »

Surely the fact that (apparently) Dana White made an offer to Mayweather around a month ago suggests that they're not against this fight happening.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2017, 04:35:36 PM »

UFC fighters are allowed grappling matches in SUG organization so why not boxing matches? Mind you dana white will want a bite of the cherry

They have to get permission for it. Also grappling matches don't generate hundreds of millions of dollars, nor does grappling compete with the UFC as a popular sport and for PPV dollars.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2017, 04:46:23 PM »

Surely the fact that (apparently) Dana White made an offer to Mayweather around a month ago suggests that they're not against this fight happening.

It was a non-offer. It was from the perspective that UFC would be promoting the show and deciding the pay outs. Giving Floyd $25 mil for a fight? They know full well that he wouldn't even consider something so low. Granted, it is a huge amount of money for everyone else in the business.

Floyd wants to promote the fight and take the lion's share. UFC is uninterested in being a partner in a promotion, as it is not how they function as a business. The fight will never happen.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2017, 06:46:28 PM »

Funny interview with Mayweather today on Mcgregor. ''I've officially out of retirement for Connor Mcgregor, lets make the fight in june.''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2EKIj_pElo

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2017, 07:23:31 PM »

The more I think about this fight, the more I believe that McGregor wins...strictly on the proviso that Floyd detaches both of his achilles during the fight
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2017, 09:57:36 PM »

The more I think about this fight, the more I believe that McGregor wins...strictly on the proviso that Floyd detaches both of his achilles during the fight

Still go the distance.
Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2017, 12:36:11 PM »

Apparently this is confirmed now for June in Vegas.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: