LiveFight
November 23, 2017, 09:34:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather v McGregor  (Read 33447 times)
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #330 on: July 29, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »

Watched this episode earlier today. The only noteworthy coming together between them was at the airport on the way to London when McG walked through the lounge with Mayweather sat there. A quick 'alright' between the pair and that was it. Hard to dislike a guy that's making you multi millions I suppose but when you see the stuff that's happened between DC and Cormier in the UFC's big fight build up this week, you realise just how much of a business arrangement this really is between Floyd and Conor (for those who weren't already full aware).

Must admit the casual in me is looking forward to the fight week. Should be good fun.
LiveFight
« Reply #330 on: July 29, 2017, 04:02:03 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #331 on: July 29, 2017, 08:54:52 PM »

Whilst the prices for this are daft, it does seem telling that it's not sold out and ticket master are letting people buy 6 at a time for this.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #332 on: July 31, 2017, 03:22:41 PM »

Sky Sports have got the rights to this.  Not particularly surprising given that BN are already showing the Cotto fight.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #333 on: July 31, 2017, 06:38:36 PM »

Mayweather vs. McGregor - ALL ACCESS: Episode 1
http://youtu.be/eccLPmw3c20?t=61

That was poor. Extremely biased towards Floyd. So biased it made me wonder did Floyd edit this. In the verbal warfair Mcgregor tore Mayweather up, it showed non of that. It was a dishonest view of events. Surely showtime realize that the people watching this have already seen the footage they left out on youtube. Theyre not doing themselves any favours. It's Mcgregor who sells this fight not Mayweather.

''Form VOLTRON......... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH''   Grin
Alvy
V.I.P

Alvy
« Reply #334 on: August 01, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »

That was poor. Extremely biased towards Floyd. So biased it made me wonder did Floyd edit this.

I noticed at the end credits, Mayweather was listed as the shows producer so that would explain a lot!

“We learned a long time ago that we should never subject ourselves to the schedules of the powerful. We had to follow our own calendar and impose it on those above.”
LiveFight
« Reply #334 on: August 01, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »

ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #335 on: August 01, 2017, 05:46:09 PM »

Re-sale market is flopping on tickets. They massively overcooked this whole thing. Won't come anywhere near the ppv record. Don't know a single person (near my neck of the woods) willing to buy it at 100 USD. Especially, just before the genuine ppv between Canelo and GGG.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #336 on: August 02, 2017, 04:27:10 AM »

Re-sale market is flopping on tickets. They massively overcooked this whole thing. Won't come anywhere near the ppv record. Don't know a single person (near my neck of the woods) willing to buy it at 100 USD. Especially, just before the genuine ppv between Canelo and GGG.

I think you could be right...I did at one time believe that this would smash ALL records but I'm starting to re-evaluate that position. For me personally, I think the pressers saturated a lot of the hype and kind of exposed the whole thing for the farce that it really is...it's not looking good in terms of the secondary ticket market and 100 dollars is a lot of money to watch on TV...it will probably do well outside the US with lower costs to purchase i.e. only 20 quid to watch in UK etc but will be interesting to see how it all and out stateside
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #337 on: August 02, 2017, 07:23:59 AM »

I'm abroad on family holiday, but I don't think I'd have got up to watch it live tbh anyway, unless I placed a bet on Floid.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #338 on: August 02, 2017, 08:39:30 AM »

It doesn't seem to particularly have a big fight feel about it and it's only three weeks to the 'fight' on Saturday.  There again, now Sky have the rights I'm sure they will start bombarding viewers with BS non-stop until the 26th.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #339 on: August 02, 2017, 08:58:28 AM »

To be fair I don't recall too much about the build up to May-Pacquiao until the week of the fight either but it did pretty well by all accounts. I'm not sure that press tour did much to win over people who are sceptical about the merits of the event so I'd say it's best if the press is kept to a minimum until the week of the fight when we'll have all the usual pre-fight build up, and you'll have both guys fight-ready in mentality and physicality. That's where the hype I think will kick into gear and people will become more enthused about the show and more likely to buy the PPV. Besides 3 weeks out either of the could get injured anyway so why buy something now when you can easily wait til the last minute to click a simple order button?
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #340 on: August 02, 2017, 12:23:49 PM »

I disagree the turnout to the 4 pre-fight conferences had a ridiculous amount of people attending. Although it was all WWE esk... doesn't mean people will not pay for it.
If I wasn't interested in watching it - I would never take the time to attend such an event... even if it is was free.

Plus by the sounds of the huge crowds - it seems they gave them what they all wanted... I bet 90% of those fans were not boxing fans anyway.

Though to most of us, it was just pure cringe.

I still can't believe the prices people were paying for the May v Pac CCTV... add to that an insane group of Irish contingency for any excuse for a night out.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #341 on: August 02, 2017, 12:46:52 PM »

Dana White’s Video Blog | MAY/MAC WORLD TOUR | Ep. 6
http://youtu.be/GwD65N0F_ik?t=45

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #342 on: August 02, 2017, 12:55:32 PM »

There'll be a "Floyd carrying an injury" rumour in fight week to get a last minute boost in the sales. Now that's it's confirmed 20 quid I'll almost definitely order it, anything north of 30 quid I probably wouldn't have bothered.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #343 on: August 04, 2017, 06:37:03 AM »

I see Paulie's upset about the pictures being released of sparring from the McGreggor camp. Threatened to release the full unedited 12 round sparring. Also said "he beat his ass" in another tweet which has now been deleted.

If that video does get released the whole PPV will collapse. Paulie could earn a nice few $$$ in hush money.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #344 on: August 04, 2017, 09:43:28 AM »

I see Paulie's upset about the pictures being released of sparring from the McGreggor camp. Threatened to release the full unedited 12 round sparring. Also said "he beat his ass" in another tweet which has now been deleted.

If that video does get released the whole PPV will collapse. Paulie could earn a nice few $$$ in hush money.

Malignaggi has now left the McGregor camp
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: