LiveFight
December 11, 2017, 07:04:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather v McGregor  (Read 35304 times)
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2017, 02:54:48 PM »

Apparently this is confirmed now for June in Vegas.
I can't see it happening in June. Floyd wants to give Connor 10 million for the fight. This fight ain't happening if both fighters are pricing themselves out of it. Floyds putting pressure on Mcgregor on social media with the date because it will make Connor look bad if he doesn't agree to it. I think originally Mcgregor said september. It's a clever move from Floyd but that date is a smoke screen

If I was Mcgregor i'd play this out until next year. Floyd made a career out waiting for fighters to get past their prime and old. Floyd needs Mcgregor not the other way around.
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2017, 02:54:48 PM »

Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2017, 07:38:13 PM »

Dana White has given this fight the go a head. Assuming Floyd gives Conors a fair price this is actually going to happen...... Bloody hell

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10803660/floyd-mayweather-vs-conor-mcgregor-will-happen-says-ufc-president-dana-white
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2017, 02:20:17 AM »

Lip service from White. Will believe it when I see it.

No way in hell all three egos will come out happy. Think it is more a matter of him deciding to kill it at the negotiating table, rather than through a public forum. Can already hear the company tag line, "We OK'd the fight, but Conor didn't come to the table with reasonable demands."

Floyd will want the lion's share. UFC will want the lion's share of the leftovers. McGregor will want to give them "step aside money". Fight goes nowhere.
Forest
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2017, 10:30:32 AM »

McGregor is a right tit. Just saw him on Michael Conlan's debut and he was getting his face out there every chance he got. Think he just likes the limelight more than anything.
SCOTTY'S SOBER

TOOTIE FRUITY

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2017, 06:24:59 PM »

McGregor is a right tit. Just saw him on Michael Conlan's debut and he was getting his face out there every chance he got. Think he just likes the limelight more than anything.
all I heard was his voice that whole fight telling conlan how to box haha boy needs taken down a peg or 2.
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2017, 06:24:59 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2017, 08:36:52 PM »

Suppose he's selling the fight.....

He's in a no lose position really, not expected to trouble Floyd but he has a ready made excuse to fall back on with it not being his sport. He'll make more money than he'd have ever dreamed possible. And though Floyd is one of the finest fighters of his era, he's not a scary guy who tends to do major damage to his opposition and he's not getting any younger.

Though I do think that Mayweather will be spiteful in this one, especially since McGregor is likely to p*ss him off by getting the better of the pre-fight hype.
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2017, 01:12:15 PM »

Mcgregor ranting at the boxing media last night  Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=nQeISn7ttek
jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2017, 04:51:40 PM »

I see a lot of people getting on McGregor's case over this potential fight and I can't for the life of me understand why.

Should the fight be competitive? No. Will the protagonists make a shed load of money? Yes. Will every single f**ker on this site pay the 17.95 for it? Yes (or will watch it via illegal means). For crying out loud, I'm sure that everyone on here watched the fight against Carlos bloody Baldomir back in the day.

Whatever you think of the credentials of this fight there is absolutely no doubting that it sells, if even as a freak show.  Anybody who wants to run it down needs to take a step back and have a look at the business that is staring them in the face.

Regarding McGregor's attendance at the Conlan fight, that was all show. I'm glad that Conlan had invited McGregor to take part in the whole event because if he hadn't of then McGregor somewhat stealing the limelight on Conlan's debut would have been inexcusable. I do that in the context of the situation McGregor should have reigned it in a little, took the back seat a little more and allowed Conlan to have his little bit of time in the sun.
G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2017, 07:01:03 PM »

I see a lot of people getting on McGregor's case over this potential fight and I can't for the life of me understand why.

Because he's not actually very good at boxing.

I'm not arsed how much 'business sense' it makes - it's ridiculous.
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2017, 07:24:39 PM »

Regarding McGregor's attendance at the Conlan fight, that was all show. I'm glad that Conlan had invited McGregor to take part in the whole event because if he hadn't of then McGregor somewhat stealing the limelight on Conlan's debut would have been inexcusable. I do that in the context of the situation McGregor should have reigned it in a little, took the back seat a little more and allowed Conlan to have his little bit of time in the sun.

On the flip side, the publicity generated for Conlan because he had one of the worlds biggest superstars by his side would have been huge in raising his profile. Yeah connor used the situ for his own benefit but so did Conlan. Win/win.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2017, 11:25:16 PM »

I can't believe this fight is going to happen.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:46:31 PM by Scarface » Logged

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
TC

« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »

Will every single f**ker on this site pay the 17.95 for it? Yes (or will watch it via illegal means).

Don't be ridiculous.

"Me: We"
jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2017, 09:39:47 AM »

Don't be ridiculous.

What's ridiculous? The thought of people streaming or the comment as a whole?
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2017, 01:29:37 PM »

Bob Arum claiming the UFC want 50% of Mcgregors purse to fight Mayweather. Looks like the UFC are the only hurdle left for this fight to happen.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/3/23/15042738/conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-ufc-50-percent-purse-boxing-mma-news
TC

« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2017, 04:40:37 PM »

What's ridiculous? The thought of people streaming or the comment as a whole?

The bit that I pulled out before commenting. It's insulting to many people on this forum to suggest they are arsed about watching a pisstake boxing exhibition. I'd rather watch Rocky v Thunderlips II.

"Me: We"
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: