LiveFight
November 18, 2017, 09:21:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather v McGregor  (Read 33038 times)
G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2017, 08:18:54 AM »

I'd say losing on a deliberate DQ would be far worse all round than taking a beating.  In a fight that could be of the magnitude (however ridiculous it is) of this, it would be one of the biggest quit jobs of all time to go out like that.

His fans who hang off his every word like he's the only person to ever swear would probably find it hilarious although i think it more likely he'd throw a kick to get DQ'd or something once he realises he's in over his head hands only.
LiveFight
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2017, 08:18:54 AM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2017, 09:42:01 AM »

His fans who hang off his every word like he's the only person to ever swear would probably find it hilarious although i think it more likely he'd throw a kick to get DQ'd or something once he realises he's in over his head hands only.

I really do see that as a realistic possibility, he'll resort to some UFC shit if/when he starts getting tanked and can do sweet fa about it. I think the UFC fans would lap that up and see it as some kind of moral victory. The only way I see that kind of thing being completely ruled out is if its written into the contract that if McGregor pulls a stunt like that he won't get paid.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2017, 08:42:53 PM »

I'd say losing on a deliberate DQ would be far worse all round than taking a beating.  In a fight that could be of the magnitude (however ridiculous it is) of this, it would be one of the biggest quit jobs of all time to go out like that.

The thing is though about this fight is that it's a complete circus act as it is, so a circus ending would not surprise me in the slightest, and no-one can really complain if it does, because how the hell is a man allowed to make his pro boxing debut against arguably the best fighter of the last quarter of a century? The man McGregor is going to "fight" like the boxing version of the 1980's Wimbledon football team (i.e. the crazy gang). Spoil, spoil, spoil, bend the rules as far in his favour as he can (i.e. grabbing, holding etc) and if he gets DQ'd he'll just turn around and say "boxing is for pussies" etc
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2017, 10:24:22 AM »

The thing is though about this fight is that it's a complete circus act as it is, so a circus ending would not surprise me in the slightest, and no-one can really complain if it does, because how the hell is a man allowed to make his pro boxing debut against arguably the best fighter of the last quarter of a century? The man McGregor is going to "fight" like the boxing version of the 1980's Wimbledon football team (i.e. the crazy gang). Spoil, spoil, spoil, bend the rules as far in his favour as he can (i.e. grabbing, holding etc) and if he gets DQ'd he'll just turn around and say "boxing is for pussies" etc

The thing is that Mayweather is holding all the cards for this fight so he will probably get Joe Cortez out of retirement to referee it so that McGregor won't even be able to look at him in a way that he doesn't like, let alone get in close and rough him up.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »

The headlines are:

1. McGregor wants to get paid
2. McGregor will get pasted
3. Thus McGregor wants more of his slice than Dana is allowing

The end.
LiveFight
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2017, 11:55:43 AM »

Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2017, 12:40:57 PM »

I have a feeling that Mayweather will really get under McGregors skin during the build up and throughout the fight... encouraging him to do something illegal so that the DQ will result in mayweather walking away with 100% of the purse... making easy money a damn sight even easier.

The ref (who ever it is) will be focused on McGregor and not Mayweather... and will be overly strict to the novice... he is going to look embarrassingly amateurish in there. Could be Cringey to watch as mayweather dances around him.     

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2017, 09:05:32 AM »

So overnight it seems Dana White has come out and said McGregor's side of the deal is sorted so this whole thing is now 50% of the way there.

Interesting..
bigbibbs

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2017, 11:39:37 AM »

Mayweather is a shrewd business man as well as precise puncher.

People who only know MMA will be shocked how easy it is for a boxer to outbox any of their fighters.

It has been done before and unless each can perform their own art there is only one result
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2017, 01:12:39 PM »

Mayweather is a shrewd business man as well as precise puncher.

People who only know MMA will be shocked how easy it is for a boxer to outbox any of their fighters.

It has been done before and unless each can perform their own art there is only one result

Even the biggest MMA fans regardless of their knowledge of boxing know how this fight will play out.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2017, 02:02:04 AM »

The Canelo vs GGG fight took the wind out of everyone's sails and brought McGregor down to earth. Think McGregor got a dressing down and was made to fall in line when White made public threats about walking away from the deal. September date was taken and it was all slipping away. Would be willing to bet that McGregor took a pittance in the grand scheme of things. Still, it will be more money than he could ever earn in the UFC.

Now it all comes down to Dana and Floyd -- the two people actually making the money -- to negotiate something to Floyd's liking. I will watch the fight if someone else buys it but there is no way in hell that I will justify this freak show by paying money for it. Bad for both sports, but I use the word sport loosely with UFC at this point. This fight is sort of the summation of what the UFC has become. Anything for entertainment's sake -- regardless of merit or legitimacy.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2017, 02:43:11 AM »

Think this article breaks the numbers down really well. Even under the best conditions, the fight is not going to be nearly as lucrative for Conor as people are making it seem. Also, interesting to hear White talk about walking away from it again...

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-nowhere-close-happening-193457357.html
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2017, 08:06:10 AM »

Its my First Post on this Subject.This Fight,oh sorry I meant this Circus will not return as much Revenue as what Connor is expecting.For him to get anywhere near 75 million cut,it means PPV buys need to exceed 3 million,which they won't.Given how many fans are saying they will stream it for Free,or watch it on replay,or mooch from a UFC fan who has bought it.So already the Numbers will fall way short of the needed Buys to Generate the Revenue needed.Secondly Floyd will Grab Lions share and his side of the Contract will have so many Clauses enough to put off Connor.So after all has been said and done,this Fight won't Top 1.5 million buys and after Floyd Grabs his Lions share,the UFC get their Cut,Connor will be short changed badly.He will be crying about it for the next 10 years.So to cut a long story short,this Event is an Insult to Boxing.It deserves all the scorn its getting from die hard Boxing fans.

Southern Storm
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #102 on: May 22, 2017, 08:11:32 AM »

Think this article breaks the numbers down really well. Even under the best conditions, the fight is not going to be nearly as lucrative for Conor as people are making it seem. Also, interesting to hear White talk about walking away from it again...

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-nowhere-close-happening-193457357.html
+1.
With backlash from diehard Boxing fans and streaming available.The Fight will fall Significantly short of what the Crazy estimates they assume.Bottom line is Boxing fans are not stupid.They can smell a Rat from Miles away. 

Southern Storm
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #103 on: May 22, 2017, 08:14:26 AM »

The headlines are:

1. McGregor wants to get paid
2. McGregor will get pasted
3. Thus McGregor wants more of his slice than Dana is allowing

The end.
Connor-artist will get Paid,but much less than he had estimated.
Connor-artist will come up with a trillion excuses after the fight as to why he did not deliver his promise to stop Floyd.
Connor-artist will try and challenge another High profile Boxer in the future,claiming to have learned a lot from the Floyd schooling.
Only his most Gullible fans will believe him.

Southern Storm
Boeing787

« Reply #104 on: May 22, 2017, 12:04:19 PM »

I'd personally say this fight will do 2 million plus PPV regardless of whether there is any merit to the fight.
They're both big stars and can do 1-1.5mil each in they're own respective sports.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: