LiveFight
August 16, 2017, 05:20:34 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather v McGregor  (Read 17496 times)
The Hurricane, The_Answer, jaff_no1, lurkyshaka, striking-viking, RobertoJB80, RoadRunner, Janek83, Alba and 11 Guests are viewing this topic.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2017, 07:17:22 AM »

Point made simple:

Best boxer of our time

Vs

Fighter who has been knocked out by a Mexican-American Jiujitsu Artist.

What great entertainment. Plebs.

Point made incorrectly.. he was submitted by a Mexican American Jiujitsu Artist not knocked out. As far as I'm aware Floyd hasn't been working on his rear naked's or Omo Plata's for this one. So.. way to try and make the people interested in this fight sound uneducated while you're making up fight results..

And the thing about your point is it's subjective and could easily read..

Boxer who got pushed all the way against extremely limited brut Marcos Maidana

Vs

Fighter who is the only ever Martial Artist to hold titles in two different weight divisions at the same time in Cage Warriors and UFC.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 07:22:43 AM by The_Answer » Logged

LiveFight
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2017, 07:17:22 AM »

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #211 on: June 17, 2017, 07:02:38 PM »

Point made incorrectly.. he was submitted by a Mexican American Jiujitsu Artist not knocked out. As far as I'm aware Floyd hasn't been working on his rear naked's or Omo Plata's for this one. So.. way to try and make the people interested in this fight sound uneducated while you're making up fight results..

Vs

Fighter who is the only ever Martial Artist to hold titles in two different weight divisions at the same time in Cage Warriors and UFC.

Only reason he was submitted was because he quit and didn't want to get hit again. He got his head knocked off.

Maidana would slaughter Mcgregor in a twelve round fight.

This whole thing is ludicrous
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #212 on: June 17, 2017, 08:06:24 PM »

Vs

Mooreman  already said it perfectly. He WAS knocked silly and did the MMA version of taking a knee by shooting in on someone he had no business grappling with. Ridiculous that you get into the technicalities of it.

As far as me pointing out the obvious with mouth breathers building this fight up, I will say whatever I like about this farce. I don't go on WWE forums and attack people for being uninformed and impressionable. However, I will point this out when the same fans start to impact an art form that I respect.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 08:21:30 PM by ChicagoFightFan » Logged
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #213 on: June 17, 2017, 10:58:31 PM »

Only reason he was submitted was because he quit and didn't want to get hit again. He got his head knocked off.

Maidana would slaughter Mcgregor in a twelve round fight.

This whole thing is ludicrous

In boxing when the shit hits the fan like that you grab a hold of your opponent.. unfortunately in MMA it isn't a luxury they have. The first fight with Diaz is a result of what happens when you are willing to fight anyone at any amount of notice.. he got in with a tri-athlete cardio machine on a couple of weeks notice and his arse fell out. Boxing levels had nothing to do with it as McGregor made it abundantly clear putting Diaz down umpteen times across 2 fights.

As for Maidana stick 4oz gloves on him and McGregor inside any ring or cage and he wouldn't see the second minute let alone 12 rounds.

The only thing ludicrous is you and Chicago getting precious about an exhibition between a retired boxer and a Martial Artist. Jon Jones and Dan Henderson fought each other months ago non UFC grappling only, no striking in an exhibition and my God was I insulted.. what a slap in the face to the sport of mixed martial arts that these two imbeciles had the audacity to try something different!!

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2017, 11:11:46 PM »

In boxing when the shit hits the fan like that you grab a hold of your opponent.. unfortunately in MMA it isn't a luxury they have. The first fight with Diaz is a result of what happens when you are willing to fight anyone at any amount of notice.. he got in with a tri-athlete cardio machine on a couple of weeks notice and his arse fell out. Boxing levels had nothing to do with it as McGregor made it abundantly clear putting Diaz down umpteen times across 2 fights.

As for Maidana stick 4oz gloves on him and McGregor inside any ring or cage and he wouldn't see the second minute let alone 12 rounds.

The only thing ludicrous is you and Chicago getting precious about an exhibition between a retired boxer and a Martial Artist. Jon Jones and Dan Henderson fought each other months ago non UFC grappling only, no striking in an exhibition and my God was I insulted.. what a slap in the face to the sport of mixed martial arts that these two imbeciles had the audacity to try something different!!

Diaz was the one at a disadvantage of short notice... The triathalon stuff doesn't float. McGregor fought a fat lightweight at 170.. It wasn't a case that 170 suited Diaz... Also, the second fight was another enormous struggle...

I don't particularly care that it's happening.  I'm just not going to justify it. It's a greedy exercise between two greedy fighters who don't love their sports and have thousands of idiots that pay them to take the piss... Each to their own.

Shite fight, shite event, shite competitors.
LiveFight
« Reply #214 on: June 17, 2017, 11:11:46 PM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #215 on: June 17, 2017, 11:12:44 PM »

I think people are pissed off with this for the exact reason you pointed out... it's an exhibition. Only it's not, it's a licensed boxing match.
It's a complete farce. Mayweather will be instructed to carry him to make it look acceptable.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #216 on: June 17, 2017, 11:12:50 PM »

Mooreman  already said it perfectly. He WAS knocked silly and did the MMA version of taking a knee by shooting in on someone he had no business grappling with. Ridiculous that you get into the technicalities of it.

As far as me pointing out the obvious with mouth breathers building this fight up, I will say whatever I like about this farce. I don't go on WWE forums and attack people for being uninformed and impressionable. However, I will point this out when the same fans start to impact an art form that I respect.

You said he got knocked out? You didn't say he did the equivalent of taking a knee? You said this exhibition is bastardising boxing and then you said this contest isn't boxing? If you're going to try and stereo type people who are intrigued by this exhibition as dim witted then you might want to sound like you have an idea of what you're talking about yourself.. or you can latch on to Mooreman to help.

Like I've said to you before if you want to point the finger at something impacting the art form you love then look away from this harmless exhibition between two non-ranked, non active boxers and look towards the pre-determined scorecards, in ring assault by coaching staff, stay at home fighters unwilling to travel or compete with capable opponents, interim, regular and super abc titles across multiple organisations all working against each other just to name a few. The thing about WWE is that it's actually harder to predict a winner in their matches despite the pre determined outcome then it is the vast majority of boxings world title fights.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:30:23 PM by The_Answer » Logged

The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #217 on: June 17, 2017, 11:23:07 PM »

Diaz was the one at a disadvantage of short notice... The triathalon stuff doesn't float. McGregor fought a fat lightweight at 170.. It wasn't a case that 170 suited Diaz... Also, the second fight was another enormous struggle...

I don't particularly care that it's happening.  I'm just not going to justify it. It's a greedy exercise between two greedy fighters who don't love their sports and have thousands of idiots that pay them to take the piss... Each to their own.

Shite fight, shite event, shite competitors.

The triathlon stuff doesn't float? Why because it doesn't support your point? Cardio cost McGregor the first fight it's an plain as day. Let's face facts from the second fight where both had equal opportunities to prepare correctly McGregor dominated the stand up hitting Diaz and putting him down at will where as Diaz scoring came from the grappling and inside fighting that is illegal in boxing which makes the whole Diaz comparison a moot point.

If you don't like the contest because you don't like the people involved then fair enough.. no one can force you to like somebody. I'm not in this discussion to persuade you to like either person.. I got involved in this discussion when the elitist ignorant attitude of some suggesting McGregor can't do 12 or anyone who supports this contest has to be a fan of YouTube street fights.

The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #218 on: June 17, 2017, 11:29:11 PM »

I think people are pissed off with this for the exact reason you pointed out... it's an exhibition. Only it's not, it's a licensed boxing match.
It's a complete farce. Mayweather will be instructed to carry him to make it look acceptable.

Worst case scenario your exactly right and he does carry McGregor only he carried Andre Berto in his last fight for 12 rounds and I don't recall many as upset there. Which is exactly the boxing elite attitude that made me post on this thread in the first place.. Mayweather made a career out of conning people to watch his pretend grudge matches and WWE villain personality but as long as the opponent involved has his own boxrec page then it's OK.

wbamitch

« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2017, 05:24:45 PM »

Disappointed its confirmed and even if there was a fortunate postponement I think the money and attraction for this is too big for it not to happen eventually.

I don't watch UFC, of course I am aware of Mcgregor and have come across a few clips in and out of the cage, it will certainly be an entertaining build up and I think Mcgregor will take it over this version of Floyd in terms of the talk, maybe that would have been even a few years ago. As for the fight you would like to think even this version of Floyd absolutely dominates Mcgregor and I do hope that happens for the sake of boxing.

I am a big Floyd fan but was not really keen for him to come back, boxing was on a bit of an upward spiral and unfortunately this "circus" (which I think is a fair assessment of this) has overshadowed some high quality match ups in probably the best year of boxing for some time. I do wonder whether it's just a one shot big money maker and of course 50-0 fight for Floyd or whether he will actually go on to fight some legit contenders, as mentioned earlier I'd be happy for it to be the former and for the sport to see what it can offer without him.

It will meet the entertainment value certainly before the fight which will get people watching, I will watch it and hope to see what many expect to happen but I'm not happy about it, let's get it over and done with.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #220 on: June 18, 2017, 06:36:07 PM »

Worst case scenario your exactly right and he does carry McGregor only he carried Andre Berto in his last fight for 12 rounds and I don't recall many as upset there. Which is exactly the boxing elite attitude that made me post on this thread in the first place.. Mayweather made a career out of conning people to watch his pretend grudge matches and WWE villain personality but as long as the opponent involved has his own boxrec page then it's OK.

Difference is that berto is a boxer, and while there may have been a dozen fighters more deserving of the fight... he was in the mix.
Mcgreggor would be beaten by at least 100 middle weight boxers who are active today, he's no place in a boxing ring with the greatest fighter of a generation.
Do you honestly think that mayweather would have any trouble stopping him in 2 minutes should he want to?
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #221 on: June 18, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »

Difference is that berto is a boxer, and while there may have been a dozen fighters more deserving of the fight... he was in the mix.
Mcgreggor would be beaten by at least 100 middle weight boxers who are active today, he's no place in a boxing ring with the greatest fighter of a generation.
Do you honestly think that mayweather would have any trouble stopping him in 2 minutes should he want to?

Make no bones about it with the entire deck stacked against Mcgregor and Floyd given every advantage I don't expect it to be competitive in the slightest.. but I'm both intrigued and fascinated by the gall of a man who has taken over an entire sport in quick fashion, who has made pound 4 pound elite Martial artists look like static dummies and who has repeatedly done exactly whatever he said he was going to do. If he makes this fight even remotely competitive at any stage then his stock rises even further, if that is even possible.

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #222 on: June 19, 2017, 07:56:09 AM »

I love this shite people are coming out with, "Conor is a great business man". I'd fly to Vegas and fight Floyd now for less than half of what Conor will get. Not only that but I get the feeling for all his talk, he's being told what he's earning, not doing the telling.

Team Groves
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #223 on: June 19, 2017, 11:22:45 AM »

I love this shite people are coming out with, "Conor is a great business man". I'd fly to Vegas and fight Floyd now for less than half of what Conor will get. Not only that but I get the feeling for all his talk, he's being told what he's earning, not doing the telling.

Sorry mate but that's a load of bollox.

He's the self made king of an entire sport and aside from Mayweather he is set to become the highest paid boxer of 2017 even though he isn't a boxer.. if that isn't great business then I'd like to hear your opinion on what exactly is?

Conor initiated this whole fight, he made this happen nobody proposed it to him or gave him anything. I'd also fight Floyd for a 50th of what Conor will make except like yourself nobody would want to see it happen, so there'd be no money in the first place.

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #224 on: June 19, 2017, 06:14:47 PM »

Sorry mate but that's a load of bollox.

He's the self made king of an entire sport and aside from Mayweather he is set to become the highest paid boxer of 2017 even though he isn't a boxer.. if that isn't great business then I'd like to hear your opinion on what exactly is?

Conor initiated this whole fight, he made this happen nobody proposed it to him or gave him anything. I'd also fight Floyd for a 50th of what Conor will make except like yourself nobody would want to see it happen, so there'd be no money in the first place.

He has done well in MMA I'm not knocking that, what I'm saying is ive read people saying how he is so smart for taking this fight when in reality any fighter on earth would fight Floyd. Ultimately this is the easiest 100 million Floyd will make and he knows it, for me that's all there is to it.

I'm curious to know what Conor will take home once the UFC etc has eaten into his purse.

Team Groves
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: