LiveFight
November 18, 2017, 11:36:57 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather v McGregor  (Read 33048 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »

I hope they have some sort of helpline set up for all the gullible fools that have been conned into thinking McGregor is going to KO Floyd.

Has he even got a boxing trainer in camp to try and correct his awful stance and the way he drops his guard when he throws a punch?
LiveFight
« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »

Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #346 on: August 04, 2017, 02:42:20 PM »

Malignaggi has now left the McGregor camp

This is not good. Really poor from Mcgregor and his team. It appeared the only reason Conor wanted Paulie in there was to beat up on him for comments that were made a year ago. Very unprofessional and a missed opportunity. Paulie has one of the brightest minds in boxing. Why would use not use that to your advantage? According to paulie they never asked him for advice.

Conor appears to be nothing more than a bully and I think he is going to get a taste of his own medicine come fight night. Posting pics of that 12 round sparring session of Paulie getting smacked in the face was unnecessary. Malignaggi was a top professional and has an ego, show the guy some respect, he was there to help.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #347 on: August 04, 2017, 05:34:42 PM »

I think Malignaggi was massively naive to think he was going to be listened to by that camp tbh. They have always had their own way of doing things and make a massive point of being different and very much in their own mindset. Seemed obvious to me from the start that Paulie was only being brought in for Conor to try and make a point after everything Paulie had previously said about the fight being a non event.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2017, 06:38:32 PM »

Conors camps is a shambles. Paulie would have been giving Conor good sparring from now until the fight. Mayweather has been sparring with Gervonta Davis, Adrien Broner and he's now flown in Eubank jr. Who's conor sparring with? A bunch of nobodies and Artem Lobov.  Roll Eyes
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #349 on: August 05, 2017, 06:46:18 AM »

For anyone to infer that any ounce of success against malignaggi will be a great step to defeating mayweather is simply deluding themselves. It doesn't bear any relevance to what will transpire on the night... apart from attracting a few more gullible PPV buys.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
LiveFight
« Reply #349 on: August 05, 2017, 06:46:18 AM »

Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #350 on: August 05, 2017, 07:45:50 AM »

Mayweather vs McGregor - All Access: Episode 2
http://youtu.be/U29iDF-uMdg?t=73

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #351 on: August 09, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »

Carl Froch: Conor McGregor can shock Floyd Mayweather
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/40875368

Good to see he managed to mention filling Wembley as well
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #352 on: August 09, 2017, 10:47:19 PM »

Where's Tim??
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #353 on: August 10, 2017, 12:18:45 AM »

Tbh it's my only concern about Floyd. He looked pretty average against Berto & Maidana. And that was a couple of years ago. Especially when you look how terrible Haye looked after his absence.

Still, should have miles too much for CM.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #354 on: August 10, 2017, 06:23:04 AM »

Tbh it's my only concern about Floyd. He looked pretty average against Berto & Maidana. And that was a couple of years ago. Especially when you look how terrible Haye looked after his absence.

Still, should have miles too much for CM.

There's a new video with Floyd by Fighthype where he seems to say something about his knees, checks himself then stops talking about it on camera...I am starting to wonder whether his body could betray him in his fight, especially after two years out...no doubt, skill set vs skill set, Floyd has way too much for McGregor, but as they say, age is the great equaliser...
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #355 on: August 10, 2017, 07:05:57 AM »

There's a new video with Floyd by Fighthype where he seems to say something about his knees, checks himself then stops talking about it on camera...I am starting to wonder whether his body could betray him in his fight, especially after two years out...no doubt, skill set vs skill set, Floyd has way too much for McGregor, but as they say, age is the great equaliser...

You're seriously buying this manufactured storyline?

There is absolutely no storyline to make this fight seem genuinely competitive, so they are resorting to saying that Floyd is now washed up and injured. Never before has a major event been sold by focusing on how bad one competitor is. This thing sinks lower by the day...
Jake Barnes

« Reply #356 on: August 10, 2017, 08:01:11 AM »

I have some snake oil I can sell you.

Please PM to meet! Smiley
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #357 on: August 10, 2017, 08:13:07 AM »

You're seriously buying this manufactured storyline?

There is absolutely no storyline to make this fight seem genuinely competitive, so they are resorting to saying that Floyd is now washed up and injured. Never before has a major event been sold by focusing on how bad one competitor is. This thing sinks lower by the day...

Yes agree, i disagree with your views on this fight and not buying it, your choice of course but i'd argue im certainly as big a fan as you and i want to watch the fight. I dont view it as 'boxing' and im gutted floyd takes rocky record but i have no issue with it. But anybody who is getting duped into believing this is slightly competative needs to give their head a wobble.

Making floyd look vulnerable makes it look like connor has a chance = more buys.. Simple
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #358 on: August 10, 2017, 09:45:29 AM »

Floyd has officially submitted a request for 8oz gloves to be worn? What do we reckon will the commission sanction it?
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #359 on: August 10, 2017, 09:55:06 AM »

Floyd has officially submitted a request for 8oz gloves to be worn? What do we reckon will the commission sanction it?

They sanctioned a guy who is 49-0 to fight a guy that is 0-0 so I imagine they'd agree a request for both fighters to wear clown shoes in the ring if it was proposed.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: