LiveFight
November 20, 2017, 06:47:48 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather v McGregor  (Read 33224 times)
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #360 on: August 10, 2017, 12:23:19 PM »

Where's Tim??

I'm just loving how the Nottingham duo of Froch and Hardy will be commentating on this fight.

Other then that there's nothing much to talk about.
LiveFight
« Reply #360 on: August 10, 2017, 12:23:19 PM »

ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #361 on: August 10, 2017, 06:13:18 PM »

Yes agree, i disagree with your views on this fight and not buying it, your choice of course but i'd argue im certainly as big a fan as you and i want to watch the fight. I dont view it as 'boxing' and im gutted floyd takes rocky record but i have no issue with it. But anybody who is getting duped into believing this is slightly competative needs to give their head a wobble.

Making floyd look vulnerable makes it look like connor has a chance = more buys.. Simple

I'm trying to catch myself and not attack others for wanting to watch it, but I find it hard to not comment on the obsurdity of it all.

Floyd's sparring partners will probably get a stern talking to this week. All came out and said he is still unbeatable in boxing. They claim he hasn't lost a step. Doesn't really go with the "I'm washed up" storyline.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #362 on: August 10, 2017, 08:41:28 PM »

I have some snake oil I can sell you.

Please PM to meet! Smiley

No comment
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #363 on: August 10, 2017, 08:46:50 PM »

You're seriously buying this manufactured storyline?

There is absolutely no storyline to make this fight seem genuinely competitive, so they are resorting to saying that Floyd is now washed up and injured. Never before has a major event been sold by focusing on how bad one competitor is. This thing sinks lower by the day...

If you read my post properly, you will see that I made it very clear that there is no comparison in terms of boxing skill sets, but the bottom line is that he's a 40 year old man who's been out of the ring for two years, and as such it's valid to wonder whether that could be a factor in the fight. You can't buck the laws of Physics.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #364 on: August 10, 2017, 08:55:06 PM »

I'm trying to catch myself and not attack others for wanting to watch it, but I find it hard to not comment on the obsurdity of it all.

Floyd's sparring partners will probably get a stern talking to this week. All came out and said he is still unbeatable in boxing. They claim he hasn't lost a step. Doesn't really go with the "I'm washed up" storyline.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything mate, but if you have no interest in the fight then you really shouldn't comment on the fight at all, or read anything to do about it, and just let the event pass. To be honest, part of me feels that way, part of me just wants to get the whole thing out of the way and focus on GGG-Canelo, but a big part of me is genuinely intrigued by the match-up, how Mayweather's age and lay-off could affect him, but more than likely, how much of a boxing clinic Conor will have to endure and how he will react to that
LiveFight
« Reply #364 on: August 10, 2017, 08:55:06 PM »

tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #365 on: August 10, 2017, 10:20:08 PM »

They sanctioned a guy who is 49-0 to fight a guy that is 0-0 so I imagine they'd agree a request for both fighters to wear clown shoes in the ring if it was proposed.

Genuinely lol' at that! Cheers mate  Grin
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #366 on: August 11, 2017, 02:38:03 AM »

I'm not trying to be disrespectful or anything mate, but if you have no interest in the fight then you really shouldn't comment on the fight at all, or read anything to do about it, and just let the event pass. To be honest, part of me feels that way, part of me just wants to get the whole thing out of the way and focus on GGG-Canelo, but a big part of me is genuinely intrigued by the match-up, how Mayweather's age and lay-off could affect him, but more than likely, how much of a boxing clinic Conor will have to endure and how he will react to that

Avoiding it altogether would be avoiding boxing as a sport entirely, which stokes my frustration. I think it also boils over from the media cramming this fight down the public's throat as the fight of the century. I would have much less of a problem with it it was treated as a boxing exhibition of sorts and as a WWE type thing. However, it has engulfed sports media and some of the more noteworthy boxing events of the year are being overlooked as a result. Case in point: Canelo vs GGG hardly getting a mention because of this. It's hard not to comment on something that literally interrupts what you do like talking about, but I get your point.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #367 on: August 11, 2017, 08:01:16 AM »

Avoiding it altogether would be avoiding boxing as a sport entirely, which stokes my frustration. I think it also boils over from the media cramming this fight down the public's throat as the fight of the century. I would have much less of a problem with it it was treated as a boxing exhibition of sorts and as a WWE type thing. However, it has engulfed sports media and some of the more noteworthy boxing events of the year are being overlooked as a result. Case in point: Canelo vs GGG hardly getting a mention because of this. It's hard not to comment on something that literally interrupts what you do like talking about, but I get your point.

Fair enough mate...I think the fight is a WWE event all but in name to be honest. I think the fight will be a farce, not just because Conor doesn't have the right skilset to be jumping onto a boxing ring, but also because I do expect Floyd to have slipped due to his age and lay off etc...Floyd will probably put on a clinic, but it won't be to the standard we expect from him...Floyd was already showing signs of slipping in his past few fights, so it will be to a greater extent now
 I expect a poor quality fight
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #368 on: August 11, 2017, 10:04:54 AM »

I'm not watching it.

I'll catch the highlights.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #369 on: August 11, 2017, 10:54:07 AM »

How many PPV buys do people think this will do? Initially, I thought this would break all records but I now doubt that stance
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #370 on: August 11, 2017, 10:01:20 PM »

Not watching it, no interest in it as it's a pre-determined farce.
If this is legit then floyd wins in the first 2 minutes, anything else is scripted.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #371 on: August 12, 2017, 06:24:32 AM »

Mcgregor lands a crunching left hand against Malignaggi.

If he manages to land anything like that on mayweather it would be deemed a glowing success regardless of the eventual outcome imo.

https://youtu.be/WcHVsZGyZOw

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #372 on: August 12, 2017, 09:58:24 AM »

wasn't Malignaggi clamining he could beat Conor with one hand tied behind his back.
stinka

« Reply #373 on: August 12, 2017, 10:31:42 AM »

Paulie is fat and washed up, where as Connor is in the shape of his life. Roughing up a tired paulie in the 12th round of sparring means nothing. Floyd will toy with him
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #374 on: August 12, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »

Paulie is fat and washed up, where as Connor is in the shape of his life. Roughing up a tired paulie in the 12th round of sparring means nothing. Floyd will toy with him

This is true, plenty of people out there giving Conor far to much credit but I'd also say there's plenty of people out there not giving him enough...I think he could be a half decent boxer but he has zero chance of beating Mayweather in his first ever pro boxing match.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: