LiveFight
August 24, 2017, 04:42:11 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mayweather v McGregor  (Read 19867 times)
DANIELK104, Boeing787, The_Answer and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2017, 11:56:02 AM »

Wonder what Paulie will say now that the footage has been released and shows it wasn't a push.
LiveFight
« Reply #375 on: August 12, 2017, 11:56:02 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #376 on: August 12, 2017, 12:11:19 PM »

If that's the best they could find of McGregor from a 36 minute spar then he doesn't even have a 1% chance.
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2017, 12:28:18 PM »

If that's the best they could find of McGregor from a 36 minute spar then he doesn't even have a 1% chance.

We all knew that anyway it's a money making exercise nothing more.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2017, 01:08:12 PM »

A sloppy knock down plus Paulie getting worked over. .....that's pretty decent work. They were never going to release more than that before the fight

Having said that I am a little skeptical. The different accounts of that last spar from both guys couldn't be more further apart. Mcgregor is doing an incredible job selling this fight to the casuals.

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2017, 08:07:29 PM »

A sloppy knock down plus Paulie getting worked over. .....that's pretty decent work. They were never going to release more than that before the fight

Having said that I am a little skeptical. The different accounts of that last spar from both guys couldn't be more further apart. Mcgregor is doing an incredible job selling this fight to the casuals.

He's sold it to you mate, I don't know anyone else who thinks this is anything but bollox.
LiveFight
« Reply #379 on: August 12, 2017, 08:07:29 PM »

mattbaker1510

« Reply #380 on: August 13, 2017, 10:49:03 AM »

90% of me thinks this will be a walk over for Mayweather.  He can/should be able to dance rings around Mcgregor all night long and not have a glove laid on him.  I do have two questions:

1. Floyd has been out of the ring, is old and is coming back for money.  Never in the history of boxing has this been a successful combination.  For one fight maybe it will be OK though, given the opposition.

2. The Maidana fight.  Maidana was big, crude and didn't give a shit about being hit.  Perhaps there is a blueprint for a big guy with a good chin to walk Floyd down and land a few good ones to the head.  McGregor is bigger than I thought, if he can take a few to land and he has worked on his stamina he has a video to watch and follow thanks to Maidana.

I think all this is grasping at straws in some way.  I think McGregor will come out strong for a round or two, get tagged and stunned a few times and then go into his shell and follow FMJ around the ring like every other slugger ends up doing.

Personally, I hope he comes out all guns blazing, roughs the hell out of FMJ and goes for broke and retires out on his shield.  If Hatton and Maidana can do it there is no excuse for him.
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #381 on: August 13, 2017, 12:48:42 PM »

He's sold it to you mate, I don't know anyone else who thinks this is anything but bollox.

Haha he hasn'the sold to me....I'm just speculating that's all.  Grin

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #382 on: August 13, 2017, 07:40:30 PM »

I remember reading similar posts in the week before Audley Harrison fought Haye.

Connor has no chance against Floyd. None. Zero.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #383 on: August 13, 2017, 09:28:06 PM »

I remember reading similar posts in the week before Audley Harrison fought Haye.

I do need to know Conor's position on Stonebridge Playground before I can make an informed decision.
Tuco
Executive Member

« Reply #384 on: August 13, 2017, 10:22:03 PM »

True but........the fantasist in me would like to think that he does. (even though he doesn't.)

I can't see it going past 6. MMA fighters don't get hit to the body anywhere near as they do in boxing. Floyd goes to the body alot over 12 rounds. I'd be suprised if Mcgregor can take a consistent body attack over 6/7 rounds.

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #385 on: August 13, 2017, 10:28:31 PM »

Only issue I have it being an 'official' bout.

It's not it's entertainment that's all. Some boxer that learned to manipulate media (love him or hate him)  Oh and was destined to be about the best of my gen that's selling out v some C**t from UFC that isn't a boxer ...

It's as bad as hearing a scot bigging up burns.

As much as I'd hate the UFC backlash I kinda hope pbf gets laid out
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #386 on: August 14, 2017, 08:57:30 AM »

I've just seen far too many sporting events over the years and witnessed too many shock results to be able to completely rule out something weird happening in this fight. 28 pages on this thread also shows the level of interest whether people are prepared to acknowledge their intrigue in the event or not, so one way or another it has captured the imagination.

That being said, I don't believe McGregor has a chance. it should just be a lot of fun while it lasts. I'm a solid boxing fan but I'm more than happy to be a casual follower of this, no money will leave my pockets in order to watch it, it will end, and then both boxing and MMA worlds will move on.

bigbibbs

« Reply #387 on: August 14, 2017, 10:36:31 AM »

To be fair mcgregor'straight left is fast and caught paulie flush a few times.
He is so much bigger than paulie though, combined with a the power that paulie has he can take liberties.

Plus let's not forget he is totally out of fight shape, retired and long in the tooth after a tough career.

But mcgregor moves fast and is strong, this could spell trouble for mayweather.
I'm going to stick my neck on the line here and say mayweather suffers a knock down early on but prevails.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #388 on: August 14, 2017, 10:49:08 AM »

In his last fight Paulie took a pasting from Sam Eggington and was KO'd when he was in shape.   

No one would give Eggington a chance against Floyd but somehow find a reason to give McGregor a shot of pulling off the victory. 
mattbaker1510

« Reply #389 on: August 14, 2017, 01:14:46 PM »

Always a punchers chance I think but nothing more.

Audley Harrison comparison is a bit harsh Smiley  One thing I think we can agree on is McGregor comes to fight, he probably won't get the chance but he'll try.  Audley was a bully who panicked when confronted with a fighter.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: