LiveFight
August 23, 2017, 11:05:59 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quigg leaves Gallagher  (Read 848 times)
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: February 20, 2017, 03:28:10 PM »

He's now going to train out of the wild card and Freddie Roach. Not too surprising but interesting. Wonder if In the near future this will impact on quiggs deal with matchroom and he will look to establish himself more in the States more, thus seek a promoter based there?

I know Luke Campbell trains in America and fights here but would not be shocked if Scott left Ed.

Team Groves
LiveFight
« on: February 20, 2017, 03:28:10 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:45:55 PM »

He's now going to train out of the wild card and Freddie Roach. Not too surprising but interesting. Wonder if In the near future this will impact on quiggs deal with matchroom and he will look to establish himself more in the States more, thus seek a promoter based there?

I know Luke Campbell trains in America and fights here but would not be shocked if Scott left Ed.

He might box on a few bills out there and im sure Eddie would support it in someway, add it to a UK show etc.

He is not going to leave Sky imo. No way.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 05:09:54 PM »

He might box on a few bills out there and im sure Eddie would support it in someway, add it to a UK show etc.

He is not going to leave Sky imo. No way.

He does not get great billing from Sky though or his promoter. Other than his loss to Frampton his career has been pretty low key. He is back on undercards etc now with little talk/interest about his fights. I understand he needed his jaw repairing but it just feels like it will be more than a couple of fights before he takes/gets anything meaningful again.

Team Groves
essemk
V.I.P

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 05:27:35 PM »

I am well pleased to hear this, My belief is the advice he received from Gallagher in the Frampton fight was dire. He will do much better under Freddie Roach who has seen him sparring lots of times in Wild Card.
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »

I am well pleased to hear this, My belief is the advice he received from Gallagher in the Frampton fight was dire. He will do much better under Freddie Roach who has seen him sparring lots of times in Wild Card.

I don't mean to sound nasty but it's been 18 months probably since I last heard or seen anything of Freddie. Even then his deterioration was becoming rapidly more visible. I don't know for a fact but I just don't imagine him having much of a hands on role these days. If I'm wrong then I take my hat off to the guy.

Team Groves
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 05:52:05 PM »

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 06:42:31 PM »

I'm actually shocked by this, not so much that he's left Gallagher but that this means he will be training stateside on the regular. Quit is so routine-based, and it's heavily reliant on his Mother in particular. He's a real homeboy, but I guess a loss can make you re-evaluate everything
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 07:14:20 PM »

Fair play to Scott.
Would have been easier for him to stay with Gallagher and see what happens doing the same thing. But he's taken the chance and gone out of his comfort zone to make the best of his career. He knows it may not work out that way, but fair play for the move.
Heathen
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 11:38:38 PM »

I don't mean to sound nasty but it's been 18 months probably since I last heard or seen anything of Freddie. Even then his deterioration was becoming rapidly more visible. I don't know for a fact but I just don't imagine him having much of a hands on role these days. If I'm wrong then I take my hat off to the guy.

Apparently he's on new drugs for Parkinson's and has been visibly improving:

Like Ali, Roach suffers from Parkinson’s after a punishing professional boxing career. His shakes have noticeably lessened recently, and he tells me that he feels little physical pain. “In the ring, that’s when I feel free. When I do the pads with a fighter, I know within one round whether this person can be a world champion or not. Somehow you just know. The first time Manny came into the gym, I didn’t really know him. But as soon as we started doing the pads, it was honestly like I had known him my whole life and that was it. We’ve been together ever since.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/behind-the-lines/2017/jan/27/boxing-freddie-roach-ali-tyson-cotto-pacquiao-parkinsons?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 08:30:30 AM »

Quigg has saved up his money and flew over to the Wildcard for many years now.

It's a home from home.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 02:13:09 PM »

Good luck to him... I actually had Joe down as the reason Quigg lost to Frampton. Joe had him start way to late and then tried to have him play catch up. With a better game plan who knows. I think Quigg is a class act and wish him well.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Tito
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2017, 08:05:14 PM »

I can understand him going with Freddie full time he as been going to LA for years even when he was with Hatton. Gallagher as a large stable and its hard to give all his fighters his time especially with so many with Matchroom and some fighting on the same cards. Quigg was going stale its a wise move but he should take note Alex Arthur went with Roach trained in LA and when it come to fighting he didn't appear in his corner and he got whooped by Gomez. Roach will always have the loyalty to they guys who are paying him the big dollars I hope realises this.

LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: