LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 10:57:24 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keith Thurman....wise words  (Read 2822 times)
SCOTTY'S SOBER

TOOTIE FRUITY

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2017, 05:41:57 AM »

This is on a different level
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2017, 05:41:57 AM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2017, 07:38:23 AM »

This is on a different level

Do go on. Tell me about you're heritage. Where are youre ancestors from?
Just Scotland eh?
ashishwarrior

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2017, 09:27:35 AM »

Thurman points
Haye ko 1-3
Eggington late tko
That's my treble
brocktonbomber
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2017, 07:38:19 PM »

Haven't checked the forum out in quite a while. But with the big fight tonight, I was going thru some of my boxing links. After reading a few of the posts in this thread, I now remember why I stopped coming here. Will delete this from my links so I don't make the same mistake in the future.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2017, 10:05:03 PM »

Haven't checked the forum out in quite a while. But with the big fight tonight, I was going thru some of my boxing links. After reading a few of the posts in this thread, I now remember why I stopped coming here. Will delete this from my links so I don't make the same mistake in the future.

Not worth me calling you an attention whore then? Whopper!
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2017, 10:05:03 PM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2017, 09:02:29 AM »

Anyone watch this overnight?
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2017, 09:56:19 AM »

I did, wasn't very entertaining to be honest although I was half asleep.

Before this I thought Thurman was the best in the division, now I think Brook would deal with him handily.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2017, 11:45:55 AM »

Yep. Watched the thurman v garcia fight.  Garcia has a tremendous chin.  Took some big shots. Thurman the busier fighter and more accurate with his punches. Nothing major happened despite both fighters throwing bombs at each other in the first half of the fight. It should not have been a split decision in my opinion.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2017, 12:03:15 PM »

Yeah .....I'm f*cking knackered today.

Ended up back at home by 1.30 and couldn't help myself from staying up to watch it. It was an interesting fight anyway, but I had a bet on it so that sealed the deal.

Thurman won it comfortably, but coasted a bit at times which was dangerous given how Garcia gets gifted stuff from judges. That's his 3rd loss by my reckoning though the 1st officially.

Thurman is a smart man and it showed in the fight. He attacked at times, he used a lot of movement, and he made sure to get quick payback when/if Garcia had a moment. He did coast at times, but he never really allowed Garcia to get anything going....the right man won and Angel Garcia is still the biggest c*nt in the sport.
wbamitch

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2017, 06:11:58 PM »

It was an interesting fight, had to stay up for this as it was a very good match up. As I've said the fight was interesting and had a few swings in momentum, not quite the action we were looking for after a fiery start. Thurman had the better boxing skills and quickness to make it a clear struggle for Garcia at times, of course with the power factor as well which had Garcia a bit apprehensive. When Thurman did slow down and the pace of the fight was in a bit of a lull Garcia landed some nice counter shots, some good body work as well, this for me is where Garcia was able to make the fight competitive and close.

Thurman got off to a bit of a flyer, rocking Garcia and looking very sharp in the opening couple, Garcia came back and competed well at times but I just think he lacked that bit of fire to prove a point against Thurman who was the favorite going in. Garcia didn't do enough to win the fight in my eyes, Thurman was clearly the better fighter but he has continued with this habit on relying on good earlier work and really coasting, it happened in the very close Porter fight as well, except Porter was able to apply more effective pressure. I had Garcia taking the last 3 to level the fight up, I was hoping for better from Garcia but this is becoming a worrying habit from Thurman's point of view, well skilled fighter but he really did settle last night and I can see other top welterweights, Brook, Spence,even Manny taking the fight away from him.

Not sure what it is, whether he is actually that comfortable in his mind or worried about his stamina but I think he has scraped the last couple and his luck just might run out like Danny's has. Garcia will come back and get in some big fights again, I think he can improve on last night and be more of a threat again. I would like to see Bradley come back and see how much he has left to test Thurman and obviously with the other group of names I have mentioned there is some great fights to be made.

So looking forward to Brook/Spence.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2017, 09:16:05 AM »

I got round to watching it last night and it reminded me of Donaire v Rigo in terms of expectation compared to what was delivered.  I thought Thurman won but was perhaps fortunate that the judges didn't do to him what they did to Oscar v Tito. 

Angel Garcia's corner work was laughable.  On more than one occasion he seemed to tell Danny nothing other than to keep his left up for the entire minute.  Whilst not bad advice alone, there was a lot more he could've imparted in the allocated time.  In the last three rounds Danny looked a bit lost and was mostly following Thurman around the ring without being able to put him under any real pressure.   
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2017, 03:31:49 PM »

Truth be told Thurman won the fight going away.....and even in his coasting rounds he was still landing as much as Garcia. Garcia definitely benefited from some sympathy rounds and that was the danger for Thurman given how Garcia has gotten the benefit of every doubt in the past when Herrera and Peterson were kicking his arse.

The question now is how much did Thurman have left in his locker?

Was he coasting because he was tired, concerned about his stamina, etc. Or was it simply because he felt the job was done and decided to just see it out safely? Had Garcia been able to mount a rally, how would Thurman have responded. Would he have struggled or would he have just ramped it up again himself?

Personally I think he had quite a bit left if he needed it, but he didn't so he just saw the fight out. Garcia was w*nk really. He's durable and is a solid puncher so he has to be respected and not taken for granted. And that he looks so pedestrian at times has helped him out in the past. Opposition have sort of relaxed into a comfort zone only to get whacked with something nasty or jobbed on the cards.

But watching in hindsight.....Garcia did nothing genuinely effective throughout the fight. He landed a few solid shots to head and body to ensure Thurman had to be respectful, but Garcia was contained in a very straight forward manner really and seemed clueless on hos to go about changing the fights flow. He didn't cut the ring off, didn't mount any kind of do or die effort, he can't change his pace(and that more than anything is his single biggest flaw, he has one steady gear and if that isn't working he's in trouble because he can't seem to raise the tempo)

His father was sh*t in the corner and a complete fool afterwards with his retarded comments. He's a disgusting, vulgar and ugly creature and I hope to see someone, anyone, smash him in the face at some point. All the gobshite cornermen of the past have ran into someones fists at some point and been made to pay for their disrespect.....Angel Garcia needs to suffer the same fate!

I can't wait for Brook/Spence and Spence is already starting to grate on me. He's extremely arrogant and is already talking about how he'd KO Thurman for example....this before he's even met Brook.

I just hope that Kell can make 147 without compromising himself, because I believe there are plenty of holes in Spence that he can exploit.....most notably the way he holds his feet, his stance is too wide and set up for getting maximum leverage but that's been fine upto yet as he's been basically beating sh*t out of everyone without fear of whats coming back. But against a guy like Brook slinging chocolate brownies Spence's stance may be a fatal flaw that'll seem him get tagged far more than most people expect.

Fast aggressive punchers always look good on the way up as they happily smash folk up, but its when they find themselves on the other end we get to see what they've got. I've yet to see layers with Spence, as its been all one way traffic. It won't be like that against Brook, Spence will have to be very special to take that title away especially in Sheffield.
ashishwarrior

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2017, 06:02:33 PM »

Hey if you want to Sesame-street things up then go ahead, i'm not playing that game. But i'll clarify my point.

White Males aren't allowed to say what they really think in the publiceye. Not on any big stage. Thats a fact. We don't have true Freedom of speech on a public platform. When someone does theyre attacked from all sides. Literally. Just as long as white males go along with group think and toe the Liberal line.....then were fine. The recent riots in Berkeley proves free speech isnt free speech if your white and male.

In Sweden, the most leftwing feminist country on the planet, and now the rape capital of Europe since they welcomed refugees in (sssssh I shouldn't say that because it's racist  Roll Eyes......no the TRUTH). Sweden no longer profile rapists because the majority have been found to be Refuges. This political correctness, white guilt, white Male shaming is a reality and isn't allowing the natives of that country a voice. In Hollywood, if you don't agree with liberals, you don't get work. Surpression and control, thats what powerful institutions do. The media are targeting and shaming white males anyone with a big voice. Twitter, facebook, youtube.....all Liberal platforms that have been found to be targeting and surpressing people white males with an audience who offend the Liberal view point. In America people are being beaten in the street for having different views. It's shocking. These are facts. Since Brexit and Trump it's exposed and brought everything into the light of day.

Wake up and open your eyes, look whats really going on.

Boom we have a winner

https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=2gzcg61ak#/watch?v=u8L3OHbhpXU
Forest
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2017, 02:07:46 PM »

"White Males aren't allowed to say what they really think in the publiceye."

What is it that you'd really like to say?
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2017, 06:37:42 PM »

"White Males aren't allowed to say what they really think in the publiceye."

What is it that you'd really like to say?

Grin
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: