LiveFight
November 23, 2017, 09:36:32 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pacquiao v Khan - 23.04.17  (Read 1635 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: February 26, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »

Now signed according to both sides. Even though Manny is still one of the top welterweights it's hard to get overly excited for this as he's basically on a retirement tour and Khan was planted last time out.
LiveFight
« on: February 26, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 12:14:29 PM »

Khan wins every round before being splattered.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 12:22:25 PM »

Good fight
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 03:16:23 PM »

Fair play to Khan for this. For him to get Canelo then manny in consecutive fights (basically the 2 current biggest draws in boxing) is some going considering he has no world title
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 07:29:22 PM »

Now signed according to both sides. Even though Manny is still one of the top welterweights it's hard to get overly excited for this as he's basically on a retirement tour and Khan was planted last time out.

Do you know if it's "official official" if you know what I mean or that both sides have just agreed on the numbers but it still needs "bankrolling"? It's just that Eddie Hearn said in a recent IFL interview that he was skeptical that the fight would happen (after he spoke with Bob Arum) because both sides have agreed on the numbers that they want, but that no-one as yet is willing to put the money up to stump the fight...I think they're hoping for some rich cats from Dubai to fund it by all accounts
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 07:29:22 PM »

Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 08:32:57 PM »

Do you know if it's "official official" if you know what I mean or that both sides have just agreed on the numbers but it still needs "bankrolling"? It's just that Eddie Hearn said in a recent IFL interview that he was skeptical that the fight would happen (after he spoke with Bob Arum) because both sides have agreed on the numbers that they want, but that no-one as yet is willing to put the money up to stump the fight...I think they're hoping for some rich cats from Dubai to fund it by all accounts

Yeah I was thinking the exact same thing.

I notice the fight is 23rd April which is a Sunday so think that pretty much confirms they expect it to be in the Middle East although Sunday is first day of working week so that to me seems strange day, surely the Friday night would make more sense? That date is also only 9 weeks away, not exactly a lot of notice for such a big fight and allow for all the necessary build up, you'd think press world tour etc. Maybe they're going down the Eubank style of promoting the fight.

Its not exactly got the same level of excitement it would have had it been made 3/4 years ago.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 09:43:29 PM »

He may be a PR disaster, he may be thick as a whale omelette, but Khan gets some big fights considering he got splattered on more than one occasion.
Not sure how this happened.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 08:51:57 AM »

I've not seen anything from Top Rank yet and it did seem that Koncz and Arum were at odds when Horn was being touted as his next opponent.

Interestingly in terms of the Middle East staging the fight, I saw somewhere the other day that the last fight of note over there was when Chris Eubank went over 20 years ago.  For all the talk that there is about contests over there very little action tends to follow.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 01:58:07 PM »

I watched the Floyd/Manny fight in Dubai.. Its wank its not the place to hold big fights IMO but theres plenty of cash out there so can see the reasoning
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 07:51:23 PM »

It will be one of those boring atmospheres with people having meals at tables during the undercard etc.

It's a fight of very little significance and I'd probably watch but won't be counting the days.

Their seems to be an air of desperation about Manny for me. It's just odd his retirement was so short and he's being linked to fighting nobodies or in countries like this. I wonder if it is money worries or he's just taken a blow too many.

Team Groves
bigbibbs

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 09:01:25 PM »

Khan is making a good living out of being ko'd.
Fair play though if you are going to do it get well paid
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 11:02:11 AM »

Looks like it will be 19th May now but Top Rank seem to be on board. 
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2017, 10:49:05 PM »

Arum confirmed this fight is off.

Reading between the lines Khan had suggested he could bring Dubai money to the table and that hasn't happened and Arum ain't paying what they're asking out of his own pocket and nobody else will pay it.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
ashishwarrior

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2017, 01:59:20 PM »

Khan be like
I do believe in big fights I do I do
https://m.youtube.com/?hl=en-GB&gl=GB#/watch?v=O7idX-ijERw
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2017, 02:22:22 PM »

Khan will have been out of the ring for longer than Brook, who had his orbital bone broken, come May.  Still, at least he used the time to win another fan poll for a fight that didn't come to fruition.  Now Porter is facing Berto next month when Khan could've been looking to make that fight to really get himself back in the mix.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: