LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 10:55:07 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye Vs Bellew Gloves are Off  (Read 3525 times)
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 01:23:14 PM »

I think it fair to say that Bellew has somehow managed to get right under Haye's skin and he has gotten the better of the pre-fight verbals.

Probably won't count for jack shit on the night of the fight, but I'm surprised to see how rattled and angry Haye has been at these press conferences.

He wants to kill Bellew and that animosity spreads to Coldwell and Hearn too. He's definitely going to be looking for a brutal 1 round win, but imagine if it does go past a few rounds. That would really mess with Haye's head...lol
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 01:23:14 PM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 01:38:36 PM »

I think it fair to say that Bellew has somehow managed to get right under Haye's skin and he has gotten the better of the pre-fight verbals.

Probably won't count for jack shit on the night of the fight, but I'm surprised to see how rattled and angry Haye has been at these press conferences.

He wants to kill Bellew and that animosity spreads to Coldwell and Hearn too. He's definitely going to be looking for a brutal 1 round win, but imagine if it does go past a few rounds. That would really mess with Haye's head...lol

If the fight heads to round 6 then it will be Bellews to lose if Bellew can ride out the first couple of rounds then he can try and stop Haye later on.

Someone mentioned earlier about Haye on the pads I doubt that's how Haye has been training he looks despite what the behind the ropes and he says in first class condition.

All that said Stevenson totally destroyed Bellew and again as said the build up looks scripted as I can't recall Haye calling Bellew out on that fight despite Bellew you calling Haye out about Carl Thomson.

A Slice of Life
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 01:52:47 PM »

All that said Stevenson totally destroyed Bellew and again as said the build up looks scripted as I can't recall Haye calling Bellew out on that fight despite Bellew you calling Haye out about Carl Thomson.

I imagine that Haye knows not to mention that so that the casuals still think Bellew has a chance.  Bellew's performance against Stevenson was every bit as tepid as Haye's against Wlad but ended with him being on Bambi legs against a guy who'd not long moved up from 168.

The other big difference being that Haye never stopped fighting against Thompson whereas Bellew went into full retreat before being done by a punch that was virtually a jab.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 02:10:37 PM »

I imagine that Haye knows not to mention that so that the casuals still think Bellew has a chance.  Bellew's performance against Stevenson was every bit as tepid as Haye's against Wlad but ended with him being on Bambi legs against a guy who'd not long moved up from 168.

The other big difference being that Haye never stopped fighting against Thompson whereas Bellew went into full retreat before being done by a punch that was virtually a jab.

Pretty much my thinking you were stopped off a super middle at light heavy isn't going to do PPV sales any good at all.

A Slice of Life
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 02:39:32 PM »

There was sanctimonious bollocks from Smith in Boxing News this week about storylines and them not encouraging violence.

Absolute horse-piss.

I've read it now mate. Absolute nonsense, the blokes a toad.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 02:39:32 PM »

Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »

I cant see anything but a Haye destruction of Bellew.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2017, 06:07:32 PM »

I've read it now mate. Absolute nonsense, the blokes a toad.

Mate, how can you say that? That is such a disrespectful thing to say...to toads!!! They don't deserve to be compared to Adam Smith!!!
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2017, 06:12:04 PM »

I imagine that Haye knows not to mention that so that the casuals still think Bellew has a chance.  Bellew's performance against Stevenson was every bit as tepid as Haye's against Wlad but ended with him being on Bambi legs against a guy who'd not long moved up from 168.

I can actually see this fight going a few rounds before Bellew gets lamped, just like against Stevenson...initially, I thought it would be a quick 1-2 round KO by Haye, but the closer the fight gets, the more I can see Bellew doing whatever it takes to survive the first few rounds, whether that be stepping back and out of range as much as possible, clinching and spoiling on the inside etc...I think he's going to either try and stay way out of range of that big right hand of Haye or be right up close knowing that Haye isn't really an inside fighter...

Eventually though, he'll get tagged and lamped, but I think it'll go 4-7 rounds before it happens...
liamo

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2017, 09:02:48 PM »

The behind the ropes was so cringeworthy and as transparent as water! Anyone else think Hearn was trying to turn Bellew into Hatton?? Lovable, down to earth family man that has never forgotten his roots blah blah blah,  utter shite if u ask me! Haye is a braggadocios cock but he doesnt hide that fact, he embraces it and loves it.

Bellew repeatedly telling Haye to shut the F*ck up and then went Haye went ballistic swearing Bellew says "Refrain from swearing theres kids present"

Oh dear lord I hope Haye knocks him out as destructively as he's promising
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »

Mate, how can you say that? That is such a disrespectful thing to say...to toads!!! They don't deserve to be compared to Adam Smith!!!

Good point... he's a wasp - wasps are bastards
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2017, 10:22:26 PM »

The behind the ropes was so cringeworthy and as transparent as water! Anyone else think Hearn was trying to turn Bellew into Hatton?? Lovable, down to earth family man that has never forgotten his roots blah blah blah,  utter shite if u ask me! Haye is a braggadocios cock but he doesnt hide that fact, he embraces it and loves it.

Bellew repeatedly telling Haye to shut the F*ck up and then went Haye went ballistic swearing Bellew says "Refrain from swearing theres kids present"

Oh dear lord I hope Haye knocks him out as destructively as he's promising

Bellew is a walking contradiction
Floydman
V.I.P

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2017, 11:59:16 AM »

BBC reporting Haye might be pulling out due to an achilles problem
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »

Lol
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 01:32:24 PM »

There's definitely an element of don't mention the Stevenson fight as it will show Joe public that a quick and powerful man a few stone lighter than Haye can finish Bellew relatively easy.

That Haye Achilles thing is probably just to add some last minute drama
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2017, 04:06:41 PM »

He'd of done it playing basketball on that boat.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: