LiveFight
May 26, 2017, 01:46:01 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye Vs Bellew Gloves are Off  (Read 2357 times)
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2017, 04:23:06 PM »

HEAVYWEIGHT BEEF!! - DAVID HAYE v TONY BELLEW - OFFICIAL WEIGH IN & HEAD TO HEAD / HAYE v BELLEW
http://youtu.be/eypTFJ04OnA?t=61

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2017, 04:23:06 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2017, 04:27:02 PM »

Haye the heavier bigger man Bellew seems to be hoping Haye gases its more to the point what happens when 16 stone 9 Haye lands clean on Bellew? Bellew just over 15 stone. Weighin is online.

I just can't see how Bellew is going to avoid being tagged by Haye and make it to the later rounds unless he is on his bike the whole time.  Doing that would defy the point in taking it late if Haye hasn't had to work at a pace he isn't comfortable at anyway.  

Bellew has been dropped a lot of times but this time he's going to be dropped by a guy over a stone heavier that him who doesn't tend to let a guy off the hook once he gets them going.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2017, 05:00:45 PM »

I just can't see how Bellew is going to avoid being tagged by Haye and make it to the later rounds unless he is on his bike the whole time.  Doing that would defy the point in taking it late if Haye hasn't had to work at a pace he isn't comfortable at anyway.  

Bellew has been dropped a lot of times but this time he's going to be dropped by a guy over a stone heavier that him who doesn't tend to let a guy off the hook once he gets them going.

That's one quality Haye does possess and thats the ability to finish strongly its really hard to see past Haye stopping Bellew 1st or second round he seems fairly determined to stop him in a statement performance.

A Slice of Life
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2017, 05:41:33 PM »

Haye is faster, more powerful and dynamic.

Haye puts people away early the vast majority of the time.

Bellew has been caught early plenty of times in his career.

Haye has a stone's weight advantage on him.

I cannot make a case for Bellew lasting more than a couple of rounds without him being super negative.

This is a change from a few weeks ago when I felt perhaps Bellew's greater activity over the last few years might play a part in helping him establish some sort of foothold in the fight.

Now we're 24 hours away from the fight and I'm firmly in the Haye early/super early camp. Could get very ugly for Bellew I fear.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2017, 06:35:55 PM »

That k.o Bellew scored in his world title win was pretty brutal....I think he can hurt Haye but doubt he'll get the chance.
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2017, 06:35:55 PM »

The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2017, 06:54:50 PM »

That k.o Bellew scored in his world title win was pretty brutal....I think he can hurt Haye but doubt he'll get the chance.

For all Haye's faults he's elusive and hard to hit clean. He's a couple of levels above what Bellew is used to and that's before taking the weight and power into consideration.

Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2017, 08:35:55 PM »

Just looked on StubHub.

Quite a lot of floor seats available for 229 tomorrow.

Sold out in minutes guys. Sold out in minutes.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2017, 10:25:41 PM »

Just looked on StubHub.

Quite a lot of floor seats available for 229 tomorrow.

Sold out in minutes guys. Sold out in minutes.

Seconds I heard. Quicker than usain bolt running 30 yards apparently. Quickest ever.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2017, 11:24:08 PM »

For all Haye's faults he's elusive and hard to hit clean. He's a couple of levels above what Bellew is used to and that's before taking the weight and power into consideration.

That's it. Doubt Bellew lands clean but if he does it could be interesting.
pogo
V.I.P

« Reply #54 on: March 04, 2017, 01:21:10 AM »

Easy nights work for Haye. Bellew is 2nd best in every department.

The big prize is Joshua v Haye but i've a feeling Haye will have to win another world title before that happens. Saying that Haye v Wilder would be quite tasty and defo winable for Haye.

Love him or loathe him there is no doubt Haye brings a level of excitement to the heavyweight division.

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2017, 06:03:25 AM »

Anyone fancy Derry Matthews to beat O'hara Davis?
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2017, 11:42:40 AM »

Just can't see a scenario where Bellew wins, like as has been said before he's second best in pretty much all departments and by a long way too.

Haye has the power and despite what Bellew says his own power is over rated, Haye is faster, the better technician and for all they make about the stamina issues I wouldn't say Bellew is Calzaghe in that department either.

Bellew isn't even the best Cruiserweight in the world and I would argue that Usyk, Gassiev, Bredis, Glowacki, Lebedev and Huck would all be favourites to beat him so that doesn't even make him top 5.

As for Matthews v Davies, I give Matthews a chance as Davies hasn't proven himself yet and this is probably going to be his acid test. But in recent years at Euro level and above Matthews has been beaten and usually stopped. So although I don't think Davies is a wold beater I think he's a level above Matthews and should win via stoppage.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #57 on: March 04, 2017, 11:48:48 AM »

^ I watched Bellew vs Flores yesterday, he's so easy to hit. Haye is absolutley going to reck him. I'd be surprised if it goes past 2. If by a miracle Bellew can take Haye past 4, then the fight gets interesting. At heavyweight? I just don't see it happening.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: