LiveFight
March 25, 2017, 03:41:39 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interview with Billy graham and Kerry Kayes part one  (Read 847 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 03:11:00 PM »

Is the new and or next Ricky Hatton out there? Someone to follow. I was hoping Sam Eggington was gonna be the man but he has gone quiet.

He's fighting Malignaggi on Saturday although that has been in the shadows of the circus surrounding the main event.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2017, 03:11:00 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 03:22:33 PM »

Since Froch retired, the only fighter I really buy a ticket to watch is local current English Light-Heavy Champion Joel McIntyre.  Other than that it comes down to the fight/card now as opposed to the individual.

I'm not sure if it is that the greater success of UK fighters has meant that interest is spread around more or that the current Sky model makes it difficult to really get behind a particular fighter or what for me personally.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 03:42:21 PM »

Since Froch retired, the only fighter I really buy a ticket to watch is local current English Light-Heavy Champion Joel McIntyre.  Other than that it comes down to the fight/card now as opposed to the individual.

I'm not sure if it is that the greater success of UK fighters has meant that interest is spread around more or that the current Sky model makes it difficult to really get behind a particular fighter or what for me personally.

Since Froch I've been to a few fights....mainly Frampton and Crolla. Finding fighters with that same philosophy of wanting to fight the top guys consistently has become very difficult...especially when the household names can make a fortune knocking out just about anyone.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 03:53:47 PM »

Since Froch I've been to a few fights....mainly Frampton and Crolla. Finding fighters with that same philosophy of wanting to fight the top guys consistently has become very difficult...especially when the household names can make a fortune knocking out just about anyone.

In some ways Hearn has done well for Crolla in getting Linares over here twice.  But conversely, in the rematch as with the first fight the undercard is absolutely threadbare.  I went to the first fight and my brother and I considered the rematch but best part of 300 miles is a long way and a good few quid for one fight alone.  Can't help but think Crolla could be back a bit more solidly.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 05:00:06 PM »

In some ways Hearn has done well for Crolla in getting Linares over here twice.  But conversely, in the rematch as with the first fight the undercard is absolutely threadbare.  I went to the first fight and my brother and I considered the rematch but best part of 300 miles is a long way and a good few quid for one fight alone.  Can't help but think Crolla could be back a bit more solidly.

I'll be honest....it's rare I get in a venue to see much more then the main event and undercards are just outrageous these days.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 05:00:06 PM »

G-man
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 05:04:45 PM »

Is the new and or next Ricky Hatton out there? Someone to follow. I was hoping Sam Eggington was gonna be the man but he has gone quiet.
There are some fighters who can shift tickets but their followings always seem quite partisan to me whereas Ricky somehow managed to have people from all over following him - different nationalities and also fans crossing over regionally which is quite unusual.

It was a one off i think.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2017, 02:50:04 PM »

I dont follow a fighter so much these days, did a good few Floyd fights as love him or hate him he was very special in the ring, made a few trips to watch Cotto as I liked him as a fighter.  I go to Quiggs fights usually but followed him from sports halls so expect to carry on. Crolla i make about 75% of his as he is local but i dont have the raging desire i had for following Ricky, You needed to be there to appreciate missing a fight was NOT an option.

There are a few reasons I dont  do what i used to do ..

The sport has changed in England,  ****** the same old shark, take a big punt if you buy in advance as the vast majority of his cards fall apart.  and some of the shit Hearn puts out just isnt worth it.. I am not travelling down to London and spending a grand in a weekend to watch Josh beat a binman up . Then theres the stadium fights where lets face it all you can say is 'I was there' as the views shit the weathers shit and the vast majority of the crowd are shit as well.

Even abroad with Haymon coming in it changed a lot, I haven't been to any of his cards but it just looked shit. certainly didn't warrant a trip abroad. 

Finally though its all about the as well, I judt dont have the sort of loose cash i did have, the days of me pricing up Munroe in Japan or a random night at the MSG are a thing of the past I have to choose my dates a lot more carefully
Richie Bee

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 10:35:43 PM »

Part two of the interview.  https://youtu.be/Q0z0-oiMgU8
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: