LiveFight
August 16, 2017, 05:30:41 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye Vs Bellew Spoiler alert  (Read 2626 times)
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 12:10:27 AM »

Fuckin hell people. Bellew didn't win a Rd before the injury.

I had it 4-2 Haye or 5-1 Haye before the injury

A Slice of Life
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 12:10:27 AM »

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 12:24:40 AM »

I had it 4-2 Haye or 5-1 Haye before the injury

I'm not sure I gave Bellew anything tbh. Maybe the first, but watching again it's because I was surprised he was competitive.
Hayes timing got better as it went on and by the time of the injury he was well on top imo.
Weird night
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2017, 12:28:35 AM »

I'm not sure I gave Bellew anything tbh. Maybe the first, but watching again it's because I was surprised he was competitive.
Hayes timing got better as it went on and by the time of the injury he was well on top imo.
Weird night

Agreed he looked in total control at the time of the injury and Bellew looked like the one who would gas. I have to guess Haye was carrying that injury preflight and it might account for some of the bad timing once he got his jab going he looked a different league to Bellew.

A Slice of Life
mac-rebel021
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 12:40:53 AM »

Glad I came on here and discover I am not the only one who felt the way I did. Sky are gone a complete jokeshop. Trying to gloss over the injury as if it was just a minor incident in the fight and bellews gameplan came through.  Truth be told he was very lucky that had happened because if anyone gassed in the 2nd half of the fight it was him. I think Haye went a long way to redeeming himself from the toegate episode.  AJ is a complete knob and I look forward until he is on queer street and see how courageous he is.

Haye is finished, body is obviously breaking down.

Sky are wankers totally biased towards matchroom fighters. Id love to see their Golden Goose AJ taken down a peg in April

its not the size of the dog in the fight
its the size of the fight in the dog
pogo
V.I.P

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 12:45:02 AM »

Agreed he looked in total control at the time of the injury and Bellew looked like the one who would gas. I have to guess Haye was carrying that injury preflight and it might account for some of the bad timing once he got his jab going he looked a different league to Bellew.

Remember he flew to Germany to see his specalist a few days before the fight but said it was routine. There were rumours of an achilles injury that Haye played down, guess it was true. He was in a bastard position, if he pulled out he was finished, and as has been proven if he went ahead he was finished also.

Looking back thanks for the memories Hayemaker, what he achieved with such an injury ravaged body was remarkable.

LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 12:45:02 AM »

thejudge

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 02:18:36 AM »

The fight just proved how shite Bellew is......he was gassed after 5 rounds and when it was obvious Haye was injured still took a round off. I think Haye went up a notch in some people's opinion tonight for carrying on with the injury.

Sky's coverage after the fight was poor but that didn't surprise me in the slightest. Bellew will the new golden boy until the AJ Klitschko fight.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 02:43:01 AM »

Somehow the fight delivered.....even though it turned into a bit of a freaky event.

Haye came out with murder on his mind, so keen to blast Bellew away that he was initially too stiff and anxious to get the job done in the 1st as he wanted.

He began to relax and find his rhythm but Bellew did a good job tactically in the early rounds. Haye is a natural counter puncher, but Bellew wouldn't lead off and give Haye anything to go on and so it was tight and tense with both trying to force a mistake and land a fight altering bomb. But Haye was busier, looked the more threatening and so was taking the rounds....though already it was fair to say that Bellew was giving him a stiffer challenge than he and most people expected. Haye looked dangerous but frustrated.

Then came the injury, and after that the complexion of the fight obviously changed. Haye was clearly compromised terribly, but Bellew expended a lot of his bullets trying to finish the fight and so we saw some strange action.

Haye was struggling to keep his balance and stand up, but Bellew looked tired and just trundled forward. Haye's power was obviously stunted massively by the injury, but he was still dangerous with single shot left hooks where he was still able to generate some leverage and push off the front foot.

Looked like it was going to end up going to a decision, but then Bellew found a few punches to drop Haye and prompt McGuigan to chuck the towel in.

Haye showed a lot of balls to stay in that fight when I reckon 95% of fighters would have quit pretty rapidly after the injury happened. And he showed class in not talking about the injury in the post fight interview.
Bellew for his part showed resilience, determination and discipline in sticking to a plan, absorbing some big punches, and doing what he had to do. I was glad to see him also show class post fight.....though there is still time for the bad feeling to ignite again.

I can certainly see a rematch happening.....providing Haye's injury isn't career threatening. If its fixable then he'll be back for a part 2 and to be fair a rematch would sell. The fight might have been weird and freaky, but it was entertaining and with plenty of drama.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 03:06:23 AM »

Bellew fought the entire fight terrifed. He was only ever going to win by some form of injury to haye.

Kudos to haye for not mentioning it - however very strange that the injury was totally ignored by the media post fight.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2017, 07:55:52 AM »

Somehow the fight delivered.....even though it turned into a bit of a freaky event.

Haye came out with murder on his mind, so keen to blast Bellew away that he was initially too stiff and anxious to get the job done in the 1st as he wanted.

He began to relax and find his rhythm but Bellew did a good job tactically in the early rounds. Haye is a natural counter puncher, but Bellew wouldn't lead off and give Haye anything to go on and so it was tight and tense with both trying to force a mistake and land a fight altering bomb. But Haye was busier, looked the more threatening and so was taking the rounds....though already it was fair to say that Bellew was giving him a stiffer challenge than he and most people expected. Haye looked dangerous but frustrated.

Then came the injury, and after that the complexion of the fight obviously changed. Haye was clearly compromised terribly, but Bellew expended a lot of his bullets trying to finish the fight and so we saw some strange action.

Haye was struggling to keep his balance and stand up, but Bellew looked tired and just trundled forward. Haye's power was obviously stunted massively by the injury, but he was still dangerous with single shot left hooks where he was still able to generate some leverage and push off the front foot.

Looked like it was going to end up going to a decision, but then Bellew found a few punches to drop Haye and prompt McGuigan to chuck the towel in.

Haye showed a lot of balls to stay in that fight when I reckon 95% of fighters would have quit pretty rapidly after the injury happened. And he showed class in not talking about the injury in the post fight interview.
Bellew for his part showed resilience, determination and discipline in sticking to a plan, absorbing some big punches, and doing what he had to do. I was glad to see him also show class post fight.....though there is still time for the bad feeling to ignite again.

I can certainly see a rematch happening.....providing Haye's injury isn't career threatening. If its fixable then he'll be back for a part 2 and to be fair a rematch would sell. The fight might have been weird and freaky, but it was entertaining and with plenty of drama.

Great post, Haye has flown out for surgery on the leg its being reported as a full rupture which apparently takes nine months to recover from. I suspect he went into the fight injured and hoped to get Bellew out early.

A Slice of Life
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2017, 08:51:33 AM »

Thought the fight was average to dull to be honest.

Haye looked awful early on, missing wildly and against a more aggressive opponent could of been wiped out. His timing was bad at best and he was predictable.

Bellew just seemed to move away for six or so round and luckily while he did Haye got hurt. Very little interest.

Not much interest in a rematch as Haye looked far worse than I expected and I just don't see him at 36 recovering, training and being anything like his best.

The only credible part from a boxing point of view was the few meaningful shots Haye landed, Bellew took very very well.

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2017, 09:50:07 AM »

I'm just glad the grudge is over. It would've haunted the rest of my days if they really didn't like each other.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2017, 09:51:55 AM »

Shocked. Not what i had pictured at all.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2017, 11:09:50 AM »

The only way I can describe the events of this fight is bizarre!  In the extreme!  I have to agree that it did actually produce its own entertainment value, albeit the result never had any significance to boxing as a sport.  Haye was woeful in Round 1 and was wildly missing one of the easiest targets ever.  How anyone could score that Round to him is beyond me.  However, he did seem to loosen up a bit in the following Rounds and caught the fat scouser with some decent shots, albeit missing with a lot as well.  But in any event, taking the Rounds on the scorecards.  My observation then was that Bellew was doing better than anyone thought, just for the fact he was still there!  Then we have this debilitating injury which surely should have signalled the end of the contest.  I know some are praising Haye for carrying on but I ask you, what the fook was the point?  Ok, it did not end in tragedy but if Haye had spent the night in Intensive Care with brain damage, every man jack would be heaping endless criticism on the referee and Haye's own corner, for not calling a halt to what had become a debacle.  He was clearly in no fit condition to continue so why on earth didn't somebody in authority say so and bring it to an end? Bellew didn't exactly cover himself in glory, taking so very long to halt a critically wounded opponent and did nothing at all to justify the Bomber nickname!  Eventually, McGuigan in the corner saw sense and ended the debacle.  Then we have a considerable interview of both boxers, each now producing puerile praise for their supposedly detested opponent, every bit as insincere as the manufactured needle in the build-up.  And no mention at all of the very obvious injury and its undoubted consequences!  My God, what a farce.
Bizarre it was and bizarre it will remain.  Haye has a good physique and a big gob but his body is clearly falling apart and should not be subject to the rigours of the boxing regime ever again.  BUT don't hold yer breath on that one.  There's still oodles of cash to be parted from fools and Haye is determined to make up his divorce settlement deficit, the one and only reason he is back in the ring.  Those who thought he might go on to face Joshua are every bit as deluded as those who still think he is a force in the HW Division (he never was BTW).  Meanwhile, Bellew should return to a more natural weight and content himself with a couple of lesser purses before retiring with a questionable legacy.  No holding yer breath on that one either.
Cue the rematch!   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:10:55 PM by Bonters » Logged
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2017, 11:15:11 AM »

Great post, Haye has flown out for surgery on the leg its being reported as a full rupture which apparently takes nine months to recover from. I suspect he went into the fight injured and hoped to get Bellew out early.

Yeah no doubt about it.....the rumours pre-fight were true, but they tried to double bluff it. He clearly felt he could win early and it'd be a non-issue, but it obviously didn't go that way.

Be interesting to know exactly when the injury happened in training and how bad it initially was. In hindsight he shouldn't have fought with an injury, but imagine if he'd pulled out...the fallout would have been horrendous. So they gambled and lost. Strange event but in truth it was far more entertaining than anyone imagined going in.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2017, 03:38:19 PM »

All 3 judges had it 96-93 Bellew at the time of stoppage. So Haye was well in front on the cards at the point of injury.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: