LiveFight
December 11, 2017, 07:05:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gervonta Davis v Liam Walsh  (Read 497 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: March 07, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »

Decent fight set for the 20th May at the Copper Box.  Apparently Floyd wants to do more shows in the UK this year as well.  I can see why given that the Brooklyn Centre was about half full for Thurman v Garcia.  If that fight had been held at the o2 here it would have most likely sold out.  I know the bulk of the money is in TV but for a guy early in his career like Davis it's good experience to get him headlining show in front of decent crowds.
LiveFight
« on: March 07, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 01:35:43 PM »

Decent fight set for the 20th May at the Copper Box.  Apparently Floyd wants to do more shows in the UK this year as well.  I can see why given that the Brooklyn Centre was about half full for Thurman v Garcia.  If that fight had been held at the o2 here it would have most likely sold out.  I know the bulk of the money is in TV but for a guy early in his career like Davis it's good experience to get him headlining show in front of decent crowds.

Is this a co-promotion with W*****? I can't remember any recent shows at the copper box or any involving W***** that sold out.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 01:42:10 PM »

Is this a co-promotion with W*****? I can't remember any recent shows at the copper box or any involving W***** that sold out.

Yeah, it is.  I think the difference now is that this show has the BT Sport backing and Mayweather's name attached to it.  I'm not saying it will necessarily sell out but there will be a lot more in the Copper Box on 20th May than there would be if Davis was headlining somewhere in the US.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: