LiveFight
October 19, 2017, 11:02:09 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye respects McGuigan's decision to throw towel  (Read 376 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:14:15 AM »

http://www.skysports.com/haye-vs-bellew/news/34770/10794853/1

"I believe Shane gave me ample time to turn the fight around - five rounds, basically," Haye exclusively told Sky Sports.

"I had to do something to change the flow of the fight. I did a couple of times, I landed some big shots that hurt him, but I couldn't close the range to finish him off.

"If Shane threw the towel in, he saw something. Maybe he wanted to save me for another day. I trust his opinion, I back him.

(video on link)
LiveFight
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:14:15 AM »

jonjoe
V.I.P

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:05:00 PM »

I actually reckon that Haye has come out of this situation with his stock having somewhat risen. At the end of the day he fought most of that fight incapacitated and was still very competitive. Now after the dust has settled on the event this modest expression towards his trainer does show him in a completely different light compared to the light he was seen pre fight.

One thing I do wonder after the fight though is will McGuigan, as a coach, ever reach the heights again that he was enjoying after Frampton won the initial encounter with Santa Cruz? He has had a few high profile losses recently (however none of them disastrous) and the momentum around his camp has most certainly been reigned back.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: