LiveFight
April 30, 2017, 06:42:32 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye - Bellew is my nemesis, he is my Benn-Eubank rivalry  (Read 1309 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:23:50 AM »

"It was a great fight. I'd love the opportunity to give the fans that again," Haye said.

"He said he'd do it again. If he gives me a rematch, I'll give him a rubber match. Iíve never had that nemesis, and maybe I've found it. Maybe Tony Bellew is my Benn-Eubank."

"Out of the ring you canít expect us to be 100% normal all the time," Haye said on Sky Sports News HQ.

"What we say in the lead-up to a fight is one thing. Once you do share a ring with someone, once you go to war with someone. And you're in that life or death situation, you do have a different type of respect for someone.

"Prior to the fight, I didn't know him that well. But after sharing a ring with, I know he is a true warrior, like I am. This is why I'm in the sport, to compete with other warriors like that."

"I respect him (now). His heart is as big as a lionís. It was nice to stand in front of him and have no animosity."
LiveFight
« on: March 09, 2017, 08:23:50 AM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 08:24:05 AM »

Weird talk from Haye.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 10:28:40 AM »

I remember him being all gushing with praise for Klitschko after he lost against him too. Must just be his way of coping with getting beat off someone he made countless threats to prior to the fight.
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 11:01:34 AM »

No he isn't.

And it wasn't a war.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 11:04:07 AM »

I don't get this. Why doesn't he just say what everyone knows...Haye was going to win that fight until his leg fell off.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 11:04:07 AM »

Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 11:28:22 AM »

Haha, if Haye's lips are moving then there's a 99% chance he's telling lies.  He's trying to figure a way to get the rematch, simply for the £££££s.  And he will say whatever it takes.  And if there IS a rematch, and if Haye wins it (as everyone will expect him to even now), cue the decider.  And even more ££££££s. Not bad work leisure, if you can get it.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 12:03:12 PM »

Haha, if Haye's lips are moving then there's a 99% chance he's telling lies.  He's trying to figure a way to get the rematch, simply for the £££££s.  And he will say whatever it takes.  And if there IS a rematch, and if Haye wins it (as everyone will expect him to even now), cue the decider.  And even more ££££££s. Not bad work leisure, if you can get it.

I think if Haye wants the rematch then he will get it. My prediction....Haye wins with ease or his body crumbles against like a boxing zombie and Bellew wins by default.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 12:05:14 PM »

haye is such an odd character, he can come across really well at times, then at others sounds like he might have something fundamentally wrong with him.

how much truth are there to the rumours that hes giving away a significant percentage of his purses away to 'investors'?

got only knows what hes got himself into to keep up this movie star life style, he really sounds desperate and under significant pressure.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 03:31:30 PM »

Haye's kissing arse and trying to sell a rivalry to the fans and Bellew to get a rematch that in truth he really needs.

Without a revenge win, nobody relevant at the weight will fight him because he's still dangerous but a win over him would be discredited cus after all he's just been stopped by a tubby cruiser. He's high risk low reward for the the likes of Wilder, Parker, Joshua etc and a hard sell.

But he balances things out against Bellew by getting revenge and he would become relevant again and a feasible opponent for the big names at heavyweight once again. But he needs that revenge win and so he's trying his best to woo Tony into a return.

To be honest Haye could probably get away without the rematch....IF.....he swallowed his pride and asked Eddie for his help and support and a route back. But I don't think Haye could lower himself enough to go to Matchroom especially now he's got this promotional partnership with seedy Schaef!

" Thanks Wlad, good game...We should play another round or two soon eh? "

cowboy55
the court jester supreme
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 04:30:13 PM »

someone should explain to him that you can't win by slinging bullshit

god bless ya Larry Costa-running laps in that track in the sky&remember all the little dudes-they're what it's all about mateys
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 06:37:07 PM »

Never thought Bellew landed a lot which affected Haye... must be wrong cos he's gone puddled.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 09:12:26 PM »

Haye's kissing arse and trying to sell a rivalry to the fans and Bellew to get a rematch that in truth he really needs.

Thats the impression I got as well. Benn Eubank this isn't. Haye sounds desperate. A fully fit Haye could still potentially smoke Bellew inside 4. On the night Bellew deserved the win. I thought he was the better smarter fighter and it was his game plan that was working not Hayes. David underestimated Bellew in almost every department and payed the price. That wouldn't happen next time. For Bellews health and safety, I don't think there should be a next time, he didn't make much of a dent in Haye, even while he was on one leg. Get the cash and bounce.

All that 'nemesis', 'my benn eubank' talk is bolloxs. Bellew now represents Haye's last shot of making big money. He has no options left.

As crazy as this sounds, i'd rather see Bellew fight the talentless albeit very dangerous Wilder. Assuming he could deal with the distance, it would make for an interesting intriguing match up. A Massive fight. David v Goliath. 
And theres me thinking boxing was dead.

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 01:22:42 AM »

Thats the impression I got as well. Benn Eubank this isn't. Haye sounds desperate. A fully fit Haye could still potentially smoke Bellew inside 4. On the night Bellew deserved the win. I thought he was the better smarter fighter and it was his game plan that was working not Hayes. David underestimated Bellew in almost every department and payed the price. That wouldn't happen next time. For Bellews health and safety, I don't think there should be a next time, he didn't make much of a dent in Haye, even while he was on one leg. Get the cash and bounce.

All that 'nemesis', 'my benn eubank' talk is bolloxs. Bellew now represents Haye's last shot of making big money. He has no options left.

As crazy as this sounds, i'd rather see Bellew fight the talentless albeit very dangerous Wilder. Assuming he could deal with the distance, it would make for an interesting intriguing match up. A Massive fight. David v Goliath.  

Agreed. It's actually sad to watch Haye putting Bellew on that level given all his pre-fight talk of how many levels below him Bellew is..it smacks of desperation
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 09:24:57 AM »

I'd have interest in a Wilder/Bellew fight too.....Wilder is powerful but technically sh*t and if Hearn could lure him to the UK I'd give Bellew a decent chance. Either way I wouldn't begrudge him a title shot and win, lose or draw he could still rematch Haye afterwards.

The heavyweight division is at least interesting now after years of it being basically dormant.

" Thanks Wlad, good game...We should play another round or two soon eh? "

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 10:13:19 AM »

I'd have interest in a Wilder/Bellew fight too.....Wilder is powerful but technically sh*t and if Hearn could lure him to the UK I'd give Bellew a decent chance. Either way I wouldn't begrudge him a title shot and win, lose or draw he could still rematch Haye afterwards.

The heavyweight division is at least interesting now after years of it being basically dormant.
I'm still struggling to see any interest in Bellew. Wasn't he 5-1 down before the injury and looked like he was gassing? Hence he even had to take a round off when Haye was injured? If anything he should go back down to cruiser weight. To say he has a chance against any top 10 heavyweight is ridiculous. Its not even like he has cleaned up at cruiser and IMO would struggle to beat any of the top fighters in that division
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: