LiveFight
August 17, 2017, 11:10:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golovkin - Jacobs 24/7  (Read 5633 times)
GOD
Executive Member

« on: March 11, 2017, 09:38:57 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xa3dig4fBw
LiveFight
« on: March 11, 2017, 09:38:57 AM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:45:21 PM »

Both good men, shame someone has to lose.....Golovkin has to be favoured, but no question this fight means more to Jacobs. Its another fight for Golovkin on the way to the superfights he craves to make a lasting legacy. But this is Jacobs world cup final. That makes him dangerous. This is a potential banana skin type fight for GGG. Imo the reality is Jacobs poses far more of an actual threat fistically than Alvarez. He's faster and punches harder than the cowardly Mexican. He just doesn't have the fanfare that Alvarez gets given.

Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 03:52:06 PM »

This is a good one too:

https://youtu.be/14wbuYS_FJ4
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 06:20:17 PM »

This is a good one too:

https://youtu.be/14wbuYS_FJ4

Cheers mate, good stuff
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 07:38:48 PM »

I expect GGG to win but Daniel Jacobs fighting spirit will make this a tough fight for GGG...Jacobs can bang, and Jacobs can fight, and given what he's gone through, he will be brave and won't be scared of anything...I love both of these fighters, they are both great ambassadors for the sport, and may the best man win
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 07:38:48 PM »

Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 12:05:30 AM »

Really enjoyed that thanks for uploading.

Jacobs has a real chance of beating GGG. Especially if triple G fights with his face again. He won't get away with that against Jacobs. He's facing a man who's bigger, has the height, the reach and has a similar KO percentage. This could be a Hagler Hearns epic.

ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 03:26:56 AM »

I expect GGG to win but Daniel Jacobs fighting spirit will make this a tough fight for GGG...Jacobs can bang, and Jacobs can fight, and given what he's gone through, he will be brave and won't be scared of anything...I love both of these fighters, they are both great ambassadors for the sport, and may the best man win

I agree, but I still have his one KO loss on my mind. Think he will look good, but GGG will most likely walk him into something. If there is any chinnyness on a fighter, GGG will find it. Don't see Williams stopping him, or keeping him away for all 12. Pulling for Danny though.
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 09:04:11 AM »

Thanks for the vids lads.....enjoyed them.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 01:29:04 PM »

I don't understand why people are giving Jacobs a sniff in this.

He caught Peter Quillin cold, who himself is a bit of a hype job, but other than that his resume is a list of absolute nobodies. The only time he stepped up he got outclassed and smoked.

GGG in 3.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 08:10:53 PM »

I don't understand why people are giving Jacobs a sniff in this.

He caught Peter Quillin cold, who himself is a bit of a hype job, but other than that his resume is a list of absolute nobodies. The only time he stepped up he got outclassed and smoked.

GGG in 3.

I don't read too much into the Pirog loss in all honesty, as his Grandmother (who raised him) died less than two weeks before that fight and his mind was clearly not right in that fight. But since then, he's stared death in the face himself and that brings a whole different mindset. GGG hasn't fought anyone who has the drive that Jacobs does...i can't see GGG just rolling him over like a Dominic Wade or something...if Curtis Stevens can go 8 rounds with GGG, Jacobs will at least go 10-11
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 10:11:43 PM »

I may just be cynical ..... but I never bought that Grandmother story. I always felt it was an excuse after he had been built up to be the next big thing and it was a bit of a procession for him.

I was luckily enough to be at that fight and he was super confident at the weigh-in. As soon as they got in the ring he couldn't handle Pirog and looked like a man not equipped to be at that level.

His story is ace. He seems a real nice guy. Won't improve his chin or fundamentals though.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 10:40:08 PM »

I may just be cynical ..... but I never bought that Grandmother story. I always felt it was an excuse after he had been built up to be the next big thing and it was a bit of a procession for him.

I was luckily enough to be at that fight and he was super confident at the weigh-in. As soon as they got in the ring he couldn't handle Pirog and looked like a man not equipped to be at that level.

His story is ace. He seems a real nice guy. Won't improve his chin or fundamentals though.

In a perverse kind of way I hope your right, that if he does lose, that he gets taken out early...

He's getting good money for this fight, hopefully enough to set him his family up for the long-term...

As a person, I genuinely fear for him in terms of his health given what's he's gone through health-wise, and like you say, he comes across as a really nice guy.

If he loses, I'd actually much rather he gets knocked out clean early. My worst nightmare would be for him to go through a gruelling, tough fight where he takes a brutal, sustained beating before getting KO'd a la Martin Murray...
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2017, 08:57:32 AM »

I agree about his chin being an issue.....and I'd expect him to get stopped well inside schedule.

But I do think he poses some genuine danger early on because he is fast and very explosive. If he can land on GGG he can do damage and therein lays his chance. He's a fast starter and he needs to try and get the jump on Golovkin and try and shock him with something early doors.

Now I would expect GGG to come in more respectful a bit like he did against Lemieux, but Jacobs does have longer levers than the Canadian and is fluid an faster on the trigger. I think its an interesting fight early but ultimately I'd expect Golovkin to clobber him. Just too much power and endurance for Jacobs to cope with.

But Jacobs power just keeps it from being a totally foregone conclusion going in....either way this its an explosive match up that'll have people on the edge of their seats tills its in the book.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2017, 10:59:09 AM »

Golovkin wins with ease.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2017, 04:07:36 PM »

Golovkin wins with ease.

He probably does, but that's not to say that Jacobs isn't quite possibly the best challenger at the weight. Punchers like GGG make quality opposition look like nothing, its almost a shame because he devalues his own reign by how easily he's brushing aside solid competition. But a win over Jacobs is another feather in the cap.
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: