LiveFight
December 14, 2017, 04:57:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golovkin - Jacobs 24/7  (Read 7675 times)
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »

He probably does, but that's not to say that Jacobs isn't quite possibly the best challenger at the weight. Punchers like GGG make quality opposition look like nothing, its almost a shame because he devalues his own reign by how easily he's brushing aside solid competition. But a win over Jacobs is another feather in the cap.

Golovkin is just too solid for the weight class but so were Pavlik and Abraham.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 04:16:52 PM »

Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 05:55:40 PM »

He probably does, but that's not to say that Jacobs isn't quite possibly the best challenger at the weight. Punchers like GGG make quality opposition look like nothing, its almost a shame because he devalues his own reign by how easily he's brushing aside solid competition. But a win over Jacobs is another feather in the cap.

GGG is overrated but I enjoy his fighting style. His power has been elevated to mythical status. He hits hard but not much harder than Jacobs. They have similar power. They both thrive in a weak division. GGG is vunerable because he's been fighting a similar level fighter for a long time. He's developed bad habits, the sought of bad habits that all undefeated big punchers get when they spend to many years knocking over tin cans. Jacobs has the length, the reach the speed and power to expose GGG. My worry for Jacobs is his chin, I'm not sure he has one. Every time I look at him I think of Gail from coronation street.

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 06:44:21 PM »

GGG is overrated but I enjoy his fighting style. His power has been elevated to mythical status. He hits hard but not much harder than Jacobs. They have similar power. They both thrive in a weak division. GGG is vunerable because he's been fighting a similar level fighter for a long time. He's developed bad habits, the sought of bad habits that all undefeated big punchers get when they spend to many years knocking over tin cans. Jacobs has the length, the reach the speed and power to expose GGG. My worry for Jacobs is his chin, I'm not sure he has one. Every time I look at him I think of Gail from coronation street.

I agree that Golovkins getting away with things but don't think a middleweight will expose them to the extent of beating him. Several guys around the weight outbox Golovkin every day of the week but Golovkin has a pretty decent chin and hits very hard for the weight....he showed he can be elusive v Lemieux and will likely do the same v Jacobs.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 08:00:06 AM »

I think he takes big risks when he knows he can dispatch the guy in front.

Pirog slammed Jacobs and GGG is better.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 09:07:04 AM »

Yes it'll probably come down to resilience and Golovkin being able to handle Jacobs power while Jacobs wilts under Golovkin's pop. But I think we'll see some good exchanges along the way. It'll be exciting fare. And its another example of Golovkin continuing to clear things up at 160 while Alvarez f*cks about playing his weight games.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 09:07:04 AM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 11:30:16 AM »

Yes it'll probably come down to resilience and Golovkin being able to handle Jacobs power while Jacobs wilts under Golovkin's pop. But I think we'll see some good exchanges along the way. It'll be exciting fare. And its another example of Golovkin continuing to clear things up at 160 while Alvarez f*cks about playing his weight games.

He cleared up 160 a long time ago. You don't have to fight everyone at the weight to clear it up.

All well and good saying Alvarez is f***ing about(true) but Golovkin would never fight Chavez Jr at 168.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2017, 11:55:28 AM »

He cleared up 160 a long time ago. You don't have to fight everyone at the weight to clear it up.

All well and good saying Alvarez is f***ing about(true) but Golovkin would never fight Chavez Jr at 168.

He's the best at the weight, but there are still a couple things left to do to say he's cleared everything up at 160. But the good thing with GGG is he's going about it the right way. He wants to fight the best available competition.

I dunno whether Golovkin would fight Chavez at 168, but Alvarez isn't fighting Chavez at 168....lest we forget he's attempting to hamstring him with weight stipulations.

He forced the smaller Khan up in weight, now he's looking to weigh drain Chavez. Loves the weight games does Alvarez. Shame he just doesn't just respect the weight limits and fight fair fights.

Golovkin does things the correct way....Alvarez is snidey.

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2017, 12:24:34 PM »

Im not sure, if he got the purse the ginger one is getting on the PRIME weekend of the year he might
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2017, 01:39:04 PM »

He's the best at the weight, but there are still a couple things left to do to say he's cleared everything up at 160. But the good thing with GGG is he's going about it the right way. He wants to fight the best available competition.

I dunno whether Golovkin would fight Chavez at 168, but Alvarez isn't fighting Chavez at 168....lest we forget he's attempting to hamstring him with weight stipulations.

He forced the smaller Khan up in weight, now he's looking to weigh drain Chavez. Loves the weight games does Alvarez. Shame he just doesn't just respect the weight limits and fight fair fights.

Golovkin does things the correct way....Alvarez is snidey.

Chavez makes Canelo look like a dwarf...really big ask for Canelo to win this even at the catch weight. Should Chavez win I doubt GGG would be setting himself up to fight him at said weight.

Did you miss Golovkin v Brook? Same weigh game Canelo plays.

Andre Ward cleared up super mid without fighting everyone at the weight and moved on. Shame Golovkin has to knock out every 160lb fighter to do the same.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:43:47 PM by Tim2366 » Logged
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2017, 01:40:16 PM »

Im not sure, if he got the purse the ginger one is getting on the PRIME weekend of the year he might

I'd be surpriseen if GGG ever fights at 168....he always has a reason to stay at 160 despite clearing it up a long time ago.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »

Nowhere near the same. GGG fought Brook at the middleweight limit not defending the middle weight title 1lb above light middle. Also he was offered the fight against Eubank Jnr (a middle weight) first and then Brook.

He also didn't claim he wasn;t ready for 160 and then go way beyond it to 164
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2017, 02:29:09 PM »

Nowhere near the same. GGG fought Brook at the middleweight limit not defending the middle weight title 1lb above light middle. Also he was offered the fight against Eubank Jnr (a middle weight) first and then Brook.

He also didn't claim he wasn;t ready for 160 and then go way beyond it to 164

Complicate it all you like....the fact is Golovkin remained at his comfort weight and took Brook out of his.

I don't even know why this thread exists tbh....Golovkin wins with ease....wake me up when he tops the Murray win.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2017, 04:39:26 PM »

Chavez makes Canelo look like a dwarf...really big ask for Canelo to win this even at the catch weight. Should Chavez win I doubt GGG would be setting himself up to fight him at said weight.

Andre Ward cleared up super mid without fighting everyone at the weight and moved on. Shame Golovkin has to knock out every 160lb fighter to do the same.

Alvarez deserves no sympathy because he's only fighting at super-middle as he seeks to continue to hideout/wait out Golovkin. He's chose to take on Chavez at super-middle, but he's seeking to hamstring him of course with weight demands cus thats Alvarez's MO.

Golovkin/Brook was at middleweight....there was no catch weight in affect. As far as I know Golovkin has never fought in a fight involving a catchweight. That's pretty much the opposite of Alvarez who basically never fights without a catchweight.

GGG doesn't have to KO everyone at 160 to clear it out. But there are a couple of  legitimate challengers left that he needs to beat to remove any doubt. And Jacobs is one of them so he's well on the way to removing any dispute to his standing.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2017, 04:45:44 PM »

Alvarez deserves no sympathy because he's only fighting at super-middle as he seeks to continue to hideout/wait out Golovkin. He's chose to take on Chavez at super-middle, but he's seeking to hamstring him of course with weight demands cus thats Alvarez's MO.

Golovkin/Brook was at middleweight....there was no catch weight in affect. As far as I know Golovkin has never fought in a fight involving a catchweight. That's pretty much the opposite of Alvarez who basically never fights without a catchweight.

GGG doesn't have to KO everyone at 160 to clear it out. But there are a couple of  legitimate challengers left that he needs to beat to remove any doubt. And Jacobs is one of them so he's well on the way to removing any dispute to his standing.

Not defending Alvarez but his task in hand is a lot harder then any that Golovkin has ever been faced with.

For the record Jacobs is not a legitimate challenger and that will be proven on Saturday night when he gets blitzed.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2017, 07:00:36 PM »

I'd be surpriseen if GGG ever fights at 168....he always has a reason to stay at 160 despite clearing it up a long time ago.

Agreed...GGG and his team have said GGG KO's everyone from 154 to 168...

However, when Canelo said ok, fight me at 155, GGG refused...

Yet, he then went on to say he would fight Floyd at 154...

GGG will be a career 160 fighter a la Hagler...nothing wrong with that, but say what you mean and mean what you say...
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: