LiveFight
September 21, 2017, 09:09:39 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golovkin - Jacobs 24/7  (Read 6113 times)
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2017, 11:16:07 AM »

Wouldn't everyone rather see the Jacobs rematch then BJS?

Obviously Canelo would be the best match up but the Jacobs rematch surely takes second spot.
LiveFight
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2017, 11:16:07 AM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2017, 11:39:21 AM »

Not really, I'd rather see the BJS fight, get all the belts and then go into the Canelo fight.

Rewatched the Jacobs fight last night and contrary to what I thought when watching live I thought GGG, though still well under par did just about enough to win it by a couple of rounds. His jab basically kept him just about ahead. That jab is arguably his best asset after that much vaunted power. It was a close fight but not a robbery and given the fight was good rather than great, I've personally no great appetite for a rematch, certainly not next anyway.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2017, 12:53:26 PM »

Not really, I'd rather see the BJS fight, get all the belts and then go into the Canelo fight.

Rewatched the Jacobs fight last night and contrary to what I thought when watching live I thought GGG, though still well under par did just about enough to win it by a couple of rounds. His jab basically kept him just about ahead. That jab is arguably his best asset after that much vaunted power. It was a close fight but not a robbery and given the fight was good rather than great, I've personally no great appetite for a rematch, certainly not next anyway.

I don't think the fight would have been a robbery either way it went. That fight has pretty much put to bed what I have believed for some time....Golovkin has remained at middleweight because he doesn't have the ability to deal with the bigger guys.

Granted we are yet to fully see just how good Jacobs can be but Golovkin has to be smart now as refusing a rematch leaves Jacobs free to fight Canelo. Should Canelo best Jacobs inside the distance then Canelo could get the last laugh without even fight Golovkin.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2017, 02:14:40 PM »

Wouldn't everyone rather see the Jacobs rematch then BJS?

Obviously Canelo would be the best match up but the Jacobs rematch surely takes second spot.

Funny how perceptions change eh Tim.....you didn't have any interest in GGG/Jacobs 1 but the rematch has piqued your interest. I'd rather GGG/Saunders happens next and we get to see an undisputed middleweight champion crowned. That leaves Alvarez no out at 160, he would have to face Golovkin or never set foot in the middleweight division again when its his natural weight class.

Jacobs proved his legitimacy the other night. He'd be a very interesting opponent for Alvarez, but without a title he's not worth the risk for the red diva.

Jacobs can come again and will be right in line to face the GGG/Saunders winner if Alvarez continues to run.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2017, 02:29:17 PM »

Funny how perceptions change eh Tim.....you didn't have any interest in GGG/Jacobs 1 but the rematch has piqued your interest. I'd rather GGG/Saunders happens next and we get to see an undisputed middleweight champion crowned. That leaves Alvarez no out at 160, he would have to face Golovkin or never set foot in the middleweight division again when its his natural weight class.

Jacobs proved his legitimacy the other night. He'd be a very interesting opponent for Alvarez, but without a title he's not worth the risk for the red diva.

Jacobs can come again and will be right in line to face the GGG/Saunders winner if Alvarez continues to run.

Ah yes, the first time ever someone has predicted a fights outcome wrong.

I'd rather see Jacobs have another crack from what was a close fight. I think you're perception should have changed but clearly you have the GGG hype still in your veins.

The guys a great middleweight but so was Arthur Abraham and Kelly Pavlik. He should stick to that weight and apologise for ever mentioning the likes of Ward and Froch.

For the record Alvarez likely takes Jacobs head off. Watch this space.
LiveFight
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2017, 02:29:17 PM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2017, 03:56:26 PM »

Where does kid Eubank fit into the equation? And how do people see him faring against GGG now? Surprised there's not been some comments from him yet considering how adamant he is that he ezxposes GGG should they ever agree to fight..
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2017, 04:07:34 PM »

Where does kid Eubank fit into the equation? And how do people see him faring against GGG now? Surprised there's not been some comments from him yet considering how adamant he is that he ezxposes GGG should they ever agree to fight..

I think he's missed the boat mate...Canelo will beat GGG before he gets the chance...a bit sad he's not even in the discussion, a sad indictment of his career direction
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2017, 05:13:18 PM »

Neither BJS or Eubank have done anything to suggest they'd test Golovkin. Billy is on twitter more than the bags and pads these days.

Team Groves
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2017, 05:21:15 PM »

Ah yes, the first time ever someone has predicted a fights outcome wrong.

I'd rather see Jacobs have another crack from what was a close fight. I think you're perception should have changed but clearly you have the GGG hype still in your veins.

The guys a great middleweight but so was Arthur Abraham and Kelly Pavlik. He should stick to that weight and apologise for ever mentioning the likes of Ward and Froch.

For the record Alvarez likely takes Jacobs head off. Watch this space.

Don't be so touchy Tim, I wasn't being critical of your prediction. I was just pointing out how your perception has done a real about turn.

But I'm not particularly a GGG fan, I respect the fella and rate him to a degree but I certainly never said he'd have the beating of Froch for example. I said many times when that fight was being mooted that Froch would be too much for him. But I do respect the way that GGG is going about his business taking on the best at 160 as he tries to take ownership of all the belts and he's willing to take on anybody at the weight....whilst the likes of Alvarez run scared and damage the credibility of the historic middleweight division and the sport with his bullsh*tty catchweight games.

I think you're wrong to call the likes of Abe and Pavlik 'great' middleweights....that's a very strong term and not fitting them. They were solid middleweight champs, but at the end of the day Pavlik didn't reign very long and got dethroned by a 54 pounder and Abraham benefited from fighting in front of friendly German officials. Neither are in Golovkin's class in terms of skillset and/or accomplishment.

Alvarez might take Jacobs head off....but that doesn't prove anything really. Styles make fights and perhaps last Saturday night will turn out to be the highlight of Jacobs career. We shall see on that one. But Golovkin would still take Alvarez's head off...tho not sure its worth watching space on that as I still expect Alvarez to continue running scared as he obviously agrees with me about his chances against GGG.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2017, 05:24:10 PM »

That is a fight that could be made because I think Golovkin's team do see the financial sense in it. They were keen on it before as it would sell well. But till Eubank and his old man start being realistic with their demands etc....its a non starter.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2017, 08:21:51 PM »

Don't be so touchy Tim, I wasn't being critical of your prediction. I was just pointing out how your perception has done a real about turn.

But I'm not particularly a GGG fan, I respect the fella and rate him to a degree but I certainly never said he'd have the beating of Froch for example. I said many times when that fight was being mooted that Froch would be too much for him. But I do respect the way that GGG is going about his business taking on the best at 160 as he tries to take ownership of all the belts and he's willing to take on anybody at the weight....whilst the likes of Alvarez run scared and damage the credibility of the historic middleweight division and the sport with his bullsh*tty catchweight games.

I think you're wrong to call the likes of Abe and Pavlik 'great' middleweights....that's a very strong term and not fitting them. They were solid middleweight champs, but at the end of the day Pavlik didn't reign very long and got dethroned by a 54 pounder and Abraham benefited from fighting in front of friendly German officials. Neither are in Golovkin's class in terms of skillset and/or accomplishment.

Alvarez might take Jacobs head off....but that doesn't prove anything really. Styles make fights and perhaps last Saturday night will turn out to be the highlight of Jacobs career. We shall see on that one. But Golovkin would still take Alvarez's head off...tho not sure its worth watching space on that as I still expect Alvarez to continue running scared as he obviously agrees with me about his chances against GGG.

Bottom line is that GGG is a very good powerful middleweight but too many people have got carried away....just think many considered him p4p no.1(all gone quiet now)

The part people seem to forget is the talk that dates back a couple of years now....this is the guy that was willing to take on anyone from 154-168lb including Mayweather and Ward, it was GGGs lack of intention to back these claims up that had me questioning how good he really is.

Bit convenient how he didn't seem to care about unifying all the belts at middleweight until the likes of Ward and Alvarez tried to drag him to different weights.

I still have zero doubt that he beats BJS(if BJS takes the fight) and unifies the division but since when was unifying all the belts worth while. Is it really worth the effort beating guys that are worse that several of the opponents he's already faced?

Not sure about that with regards Abraham and Pavlik...once Pavlik got spat out by Hopkins and lost the plot Abraham could have smoked that division for a good while....instead he took a chance and moved up for the challenge that didn't pay off.

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2017, 09:04:02 PM »

Bottom line is that GGG is a very good powerful middleweight but too many people have got carried away....just think many considered him p4p no.1(all gone quiet now)

The part people seem to forget is the talk that dates back a couple of years now....this is the guy that was willing to take on anyone from 154-168lb including Mayweather and Ward, it was GGGs lack of intention to back these claims up that had me questioning how good he really is.

Bit convenient how he didn't seem to care about unifying all the belts at middleweight until the likes of Ward and Alvarez tried to drag him to different weights.

I still have zero doubt that he beats BJS(if BJS takes the fight) and unifies the division but since when was unifying all the belts worth while. Is it really worth the effort beating guys that are worse that several of the opponents he's already faced?

Not sure about that with regards Abraham and Pavlik...once Pavlik got spat out by Hopkins and lost the plot Abraham could have smoked that division for a good while....instead he took a chance and moved up for the challenge that didn't pay off.

Mate in all fairness....you make it sound like he's swerving Alvarez by staying at middleweight. But that fight should be happening at 160 as its the natural weight for both of them. It should not happen at any other weight and Alvarez trying to suggest it with catchweights etc is a straight up joke.

Completely unifying a division is massively important legacy wise. Its such an achievement.  Look at how often it actually happens to see how significant it is. Golovkin would be a fool not to finish the job if he gets the chance.

Golovkin might have spoke about fighting from 54-68 a few years back, but back then he called no shots and was begging for a chance. Now he can be more logical and fair to himself. He has a right to fight at the weight where he's at at his best. Why should he compromise himself? Especially when there is a superfight against Alvarez that everyone knows should be made at 160.

In regards Pavlik and Abe.....Pavlik was the definition of what you claim Golovkin to be. A powerful fighter that people got carried away with. But Kelly had been hurt plenty of times before winning the title and didn't last very long as champion.....and the 54 pounder guy that beat him would have stood Abraham on his head. Both were more than titlists, but neither were great.

Golovkin has far more chance of going to the HOF than either Pav/Abe.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2017, 09:06:51 PM »

To be fair Pavlik would have stopped everyone GGG has and probably Jacobs as well. Personal problems wrecked his career but give me his fight vs a prime Miranda over anything I've seen at middleweight in years. Him, Taylor and Hopkins are far ahead of today's middleweight talent pool.

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2017, 09:10:10 PM »

To be fair Pavlik would have stopped everyone GGG has and probably Jacobs as well. Personal problems wrecked his career but give me his fight vs a prime Miranda over anything I've seen at middleweight in years. Him, Taylor and Hopkins are far ahead of today's middleweight talent pool.

Hopkins we know was quality.

Pavlik and Taylor were always good value. But I don't think either would have been able to deal with Golovkin. Shame they weren't around now. They'd fit in and make for some excellent fights no doubt.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2017, 09:22:28 PM »

Hopkins we know was quality.

Pavlik and Taylor were always good value. But I don't think either would have been able to deal with Golovkin. Shame they weren't around now. They'd fit in and make for some excellent fights no doubt.

it depends which way you look at it as both Taylor and Pavlik are better than Jacobs that's for sure and he's just made GGG look ordinary.

Both fighters personal issues and later ends of their careers tarnished what they were but in there primes both supremely talented and I'll look back at them far more fondly than I ever will GGG stopping the likes of Geale and Stevens.

LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: