LiveFight
November 23, 2017, 07:32:51 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Golovkin - Jacobs 24/7  (Read 7208 times)
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2017, 10:44:04 AM »

Canelo's CV isn't really all that bar Mayweather who was never going to do any damage to him.  A couple of wins over the shells of Mosley and Cotto aside, his best wins are Lara and Trout - hardly HoF worthy.  It's the defining fight for both of them at present and frustrating to see it turn into another Mayweather v Pacquiao soap opera.

I know it's largely pointless looking back to past era's for comparison, but Leonard came back from three years out to effectively move up from Welter and fight one of the best middleweights ever in Hagler.  By then he'd already racked up wins over prime Benitez, Duran and Hearns as well.  Nowadays it seems an easier prospect to negotiate peace in the Middle East than get two guys in the same weight class to fight sometimes.

It's not easier, it's "better business" they say. I've not seen Canelo vs Lara but the opinions I see on it are that Lara won.

Team Groves
LiveFight
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2017, 10:44:04 AM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2017, 04:08:39 PM »

This is the point....they aren't as bad as each other. Alvarez is quite clearly the one to blame and yet you're trying to lump them in together. Both held titles as middleweight. Golovkin then put himself into a position where Alvarez would have to face him or vacate the WBC title. And so Alvarez chose to vacate(a Mexican organisations title no less)rather than fight Golovkin.

That is a straight up f*cking duck whichever way its, sliced, diced, boiled, baked or fried!

Chill Bro. ...just a forum. He wouldn't fight GGG at 160lb...I've never stated any different. But again Golovkin was the one claiming he'd fight at 154lb to 168lb if it were a big fight yet refused to do so when it came along.  As bad as each other.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2017, 04:10:08 PM »

Canelo's CV isn't really all that bar Mayweather who was never going to do any damage to him.  A couple of wins over the shells of Mosley and Cotto aside, his best wins are Lara and Trout - hardly HoF worthy.  It's the defining fight for both of them at present and frustrating to see it turn into another Mayweather v Pacquiao soap opera.

I know it's largely pointless looking back to past era's for comparison, but Leonard came back from three years out to effectively move up from Welter and fight one of the best middleweights ever in Hagler.  By then he'd already racked up wins over prime Benitez, Duran and Hearns as well.  Nowadays it seems an easier prospect to negotiate peace in the Middle East than get two guys in the same weight class to fight sometimes.

Agree Canelos cv ain't all that but it still pisses on Golovkins.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »

Chill Bro. ...just a forum. He wouldn't fight GGG at 160lb...I've never stated any different. But again Golovkin was the one claiming he'd fight at 154lb to 168lb if it were a big fight yet refused to do so when it came along.  As bad as each other.

Lol...I am chilled. I just don't understand how you come to a conclusion where they are 'equally' to blame given the circumstances. Both held titles in the Middleweight division, Alvarez talked tough saying 'we don't f*ck about' and then promptly gave his WBC strap up rather than actually face Golovkin in the weight class where BOTH are at their best and where Alvarez was the linear champ.....Its laughable really, but its sadly true.

Blame Golovkin if you must for not fighting at 54 and 68 despite comments made by Abel Sanchez several years ago prior to Golovkin winning a title.... But don't say he's as culpable as Alvarez when it comes down to why a fight between them hasn't happened, when clearly he's not.

We all know that an Golovkin/Alvarez fight should take place in the Middleweight division for the Middleweight championship...end of. One fighter is willing, the other is not.

Now one day the red diva might come out from hiding up Oscars skirt.....maybe.....perhaps.....but certainly nobody would be advised to hold their breath waiting for it!
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2017, 01:42:28 AM »

Lol...I am chilled. I just don't understand how you come to a conclusion where they are 'equally' to blame given the circumstances. Both held titles in the Middleweight division, Alvarez talked tough saying 'we don't f*ck about' and then promptly gave his WBC strap up rather than actually face Golovkin in the weight class where BOTH are at their best and where Alvarez was the linear champ.....Its laughable really, but its sadly true.

Blame Golovkin if you must for not fighting at 54 and 68 despite comments made by Abel Sanchez several years ago prior to Golovkin winning a title.... But don't say he's as culpable as Alvarez when it comes down to why a fight between them hasn't happened, when clearly he's not.

We all know that an Golovkin/Alvarez fight should take place in the Middleweight division for the Middleweight championship...end of. One fighter is willing, the other is not.

Now one day the red diva might come out from hiding up Oscars skirt.....maybe.....perhaps.....but certainly nobody would be advised to hold their breath waiting for it!

Golovkin made said comments himself. Abel more often but don't pretend GGG has never stated any of that...not to mention the clip of him saying Brook is too small for him to fight  Grin

The guys full of contradictions.

Might aswell stick a pin in it for now and I'll be back once Golovkins cleared up the division and comes up with new excuses to remain fighting poor opposition.
LiveFight
« Reply #139 on: March 24, 2017, 01:42:28 AM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #140 on: March 24, 2017, 08:36:22 AM »

Golovkin made said comments himself. Abel more often but don't pretend GGG has never stated any of that...not to mention the clip of him saying Brook is too small for him to fight  Grin

The guys full of contradictions.

Might aswell stick a pin in it for now and I'll be back once Golovkins cleared up the division and comes up with new excuses to remain fighting poor opposition.

Like I said if you're mad at Golovkin you should be ready to lynch Alvarez.
Anyway guess we'll see what the next few months hold.

...meanwhile I await to see what new weight class Alvarez will invent next Wink
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2017, 10:51:39 AM »

Like I said if you're mad at Golovkin you should be ready to lynch Alvarez.
Anyway guess we'll see what the next few months hold.

...meanwhile I await to see what new weight class Alvarez will invent next Wink

Can both jog on. Genuinely think Alvarez will struggle v Chavez but we will see.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2017, 05:09:59 PM »

Can both jog on. Genuinely think Alvarez will struggle v Chavez but we will see.

I agree on that....I think the Chavez fight just might be a miscalculation on his and Oscar's part.

Obviously they're trying to drain Jnr by dragging him down to a catchweight and we know that he's struggled to make even full super-middle before. But that might be more due to his generally lazy nature, but given the right motivation maybe he can make the weight properly and still be strong. And if nothing else he will be highly motivated for this one with Mexican pride and in defense of the Chavez name.

If he can make the weight and is strong at the catchweight, then his sheer size could be a real factor....we shall see.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: