LiveFight
November 20, 2017, 01:50:47 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crolla Linares 2  (Read 2029 times)
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 11:58:43 PM »

No one any comment to make about that masterclass from Linares? Fair play to Crolla for lasting the distance but he was thoroughly beaten by a fabulous boxer.

Be a hell of a fight with him and Mikey Garcia if it gets made next.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2017, 11:58:43 PM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 08:08:56 AM »

No one any comment to make about that masterclass from Linares? Fair play to Crolla for lasting the distance but he was thoroughly beaten by a fabulous boxer.

Be a hell of a fight with him and Mikey Garcia if it gets made next.

Linares was awesome, looked to fade in a couple of the later rounds but finished strong. I gave Crolla 2 rounds, he was leagues below The speed and combinations looked easy Jorge was that good.

Oscar saying the fight was close with two rounds to go? 😆

Why would Joe try to pull Ant out with only three minutes left? He had a bad, bad night. Allowing Morrison to take a two or three rounds of a beating he didn't need, then wants to redeem it by saving his experienced world title challenger three minutes.

Team Groves
Forest
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 09:16:25 AM »

Yep, Linares was brilliant. Crolla just seemed so slow and carried next to no power. Linares seemed better in every department - speed, size, accuracy.

Really felt for Crolla but thought the respect they both showed at the end was brilliant. Shows dipshits like Haye and Bellew you don't need to behave like tits to sell a fight.

And agree with Gaz - Gallagher was a right bellend after the 11th - why would you try and take that away from Crolla? That must have made him feel like shit when he went out for the 12th - you could see how distraught he was, poor sod.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 09:26:24 AM »

Bizarre that Gallagher wouldn't pull Morrison out of a fight for a trinket where he was being battered but didn't want to let Crolla hear the last bell. Wouldn't be surprised if he was looking for an Eddie Futch moment.

Linares was just excellent again. As I've said before, one of the best fighters we've had come over here. When he's in full flow his offence is awesome.
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 10:54:19 AM »

Lucky enough to have good seats last night and at the end of the 11th I did say they should pull him.

There was something in his face. He just looked done.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 10:54:19 AM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 11:00:31 AM »

Lucky enough to have good seats last night and at the end of the 11th I did say they should pull him.

There was something in his face. He just looked done.

He looked done after about six rounds or so. How it must of been to get peppered with those combinations last night I dread to think. The uppercut that dropped him, had it been flush I think it would of been curtains.

I don't think Linares beats Garcia though, but it's an awesome fight!

Team Groves
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 02:37:06 PM »

Painful to watch.  Crolla has the heart of a lion and bravery in abundance.  He is a very good boxer, whereas Linares is clearly an elite boxer.  And it showed.  Terribly sad for Crolla but there's no point repeating that again, the result will never vary so long as Linares is at the top of his game. Not sure where this leaves Crolla in terms of his career.  I'm not a Gallagher-basher, as so many have become, but I did think that once his decision had been made to pull the fighter, he should've stuck with it.  I understand Crolla's pride made him want to hear the final bell, but there was no point whatsoever.  In any event, it went the twelve, and proved beyond doubt who is several levels above the other.   Sad
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2017, 08:34:56 AM »

I went ot this and watched 3 bouts on the card as drove to it.

I have no interst in woman boxing so took no interest in that bout. Spent every round looking forward to seeing the ring card girl.

Battle of blackpool was shite, there was more action at the weigh in on Friday. I have mnothing against Rose, Ive been to blackpool on more than one occasion to watch him but he isnt worthy of chief support at the Manchester arena in  a nothing fight.

Eddie put together a poor card IMO.

Main event went as expected. After the ast outing i couldnt see how crolla could improve on it and he didnt, he got worse. There are levels in boxing and Antohony wasnt on Linares .

Oh well i get to look forward to Burns v Crolla now  Cheesy
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2017, 11:59:31 AM »

Awful card IMO only saved by the brilliance of Linares. The fight went the way almost everyone thought with Linares far too good for Crolla. No shame for Crolla as he has gone a lot further than I thought he would. Will be difficult for him to scale the heights again. I can't see a fight with Flanagan happening as the issue over TV will be too big with neither Hearn or W***** giving ground.

As others have stated on here I can't see the appeal of Katie Taylor. Nice enough girl but I just don't get the hype

And I'm not sure whoever has found a Brian Rose fight interesting
Socrates
V.I.P
Executive Member

Happy Valenbirthiversary

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2017, 12:24:48 PM »

As others have stated on here I can't see the appeal of Katie Taylor. Nice enough girl but I just don't get the hype

Outside of Sky and Matchroom there is no hype.

I've been in the arena twice when she's fought. You could hear pins drop.

If you love something set it free. Unless it's a tiger.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2017, 12:45:22 PM »

Awful card IMO only saved by the brilliance of Linares. The fight went the way almost everyone thought with Linares far too good for Crolla. No shame for Crolla as he has gone a lot further than I thought he would. Will be difficult for him to scale the heights again. I can't see a fight with Flanagan happening as the issue over TV will be too big with neither Hearn or W***** giving ground.

And I'm not sure whoever has found a Brian Rose fight interesting

Agree with this it was as poor of a card that i have seen live.

Crolla has gone a dam site further than i thought he ever would, No shame in losing to Linares the guys a class fighter.

Socrates, were you in the arena for her Saturday? She got a right cheer into the ring, Second only to Crolla. I was astounded by how many people actually gave a flying F*ck about her. The fight she fought was 'ok' ish. As others have mentioned the lack of power ruins it for me they just seem very 'slappy' fast but no real precision IMO.

I watched Ali's daughter once opver in the States on a MSG night and i had the same opinion then that i do now. Sorry if it sounds sexist but its just not the sport for them IMO..  Where is Hearn going to take her? Is he banging her or something. Surely shes never ever going to headline a major show as there really isnt the competition nor money in it
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2017, 01:21:20 PM »

Agree with this it was as poor of a card that i have seen live.

Crolla has gone a dam site further than i thought he ever would, No shame in losing to Linares the guys a class fighter.

Socrates, were you in the arena for her Saturday? She got a right cheer into the ring, Second only to Crolla. I was astounded by how many people actually gave a flying F*ck about her. The fight she fought was 'ok' ish. As others have mentioned the lack of power ruins it for me they just seem very 'slappy' fast but no real precision IMO.

I watched Ali's daughter once opver in the States on a MSG night and i had the same opinion then that i do now. Sorry if it sounds sexist but its just not the sport for them IMO..  Where is Hearn going to take her? Is he banging her or something. Surely shes never ever going to headline a major show as there really isnt the competition nor money in it

I can definitely see her headlining in Dublin etc for her world title. We all know Hearn has no limits to what he classes as headline material.

Agree with Crolla, I remember being in Oldham (grim place) when he lost to Matthews and seeing Sykes beat him in prizefighter on Sky. Then their was the collapse when he was due fight I think Erik Morales on the Floyd vs Ortiz undercard in Vegas and he ended up with an afternoon slot. He's done it the hard way in the ring, not counting the events outside the ring. I have no idea what kind of purse he gets but I hope it's decent.

Team Groves
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2017, 01:58:48 PM »

I can definitely see her headlining in Dublin etc for her world title. We all know Hearn has no limits to what he classes as headline material.

Agree with Crolla, I remember being in Oldham (grim place) when he lost to Matthews and seeing Sykes beat him in prizefighter on Sky. Then their was the collapse when he was due fight I think Erik Morales on the Floyd vs Ortiz undercard in Vegas and he ended up with an afternoon slot. He's done it the hard way in the ring, not counting the events outside the ring. I have no idea what kind of purse he gets but I hope it's decent.

Ive never met him personally but everyone i know who has says hes a really nice bloke by all accounts.

Echo what you say with regards to purse, I hope he's done well out of the game as he has given his all and done it the hard way
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2017, 02:02:20 PM »

Ive never met him personally but everyone i know who has says hes a really nice bloke by all accounts.

Echo what you say with regards to purse, I hope he's done well out of the game as he has given his all and done it the hard way

Me neither, but comes across very genuine and understanding of how for him he's living the dream. He'd be a brilliant ambassador sort with his story but sadly for him, Sky know his surname isn't Joshua.

I think he beats Burns so if he gets that shot, grab it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 02:04:13 PM by AO88 » Logged

Team Groves
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2017, 02:19:44 PM »

Me neither, but comes across very genuine and understanding of how for him he's living the dream. He'd be a brilliant ambassador sort with his story but sadly for him, Sky know his surname isn't Joshua.

I think he beats Burns so if he gets that shot, grab it.

Oh id love him to fight Burns, I'd take Jorg to that fight  Cool
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: