LiveFight
August 17, 2017, 11:17:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mikkel Kessler announces return to the ring  (Read 1979 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: March 31, 2017, 11:49:29 AM »

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/mikkel-kessler-announces-comeback/

Kessler vs Groves, Degale, Golovkin would be good.

Or Eubank Jr who says he is now a super middleweight.

If he's got anything left, I'd give him a decent chance against them all.
LiveFight
« on: March 31, 2017, 11:49:29 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 12:12:23 PM »

Seems to have coincidentally come around the same time as that Schaefer/Sauerland tournament announcement which hasn't seemed to have gained much momentum.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 12:27:21 PM »

He's been in some tough fights in recent years, hope he's not shot to bits as he's not the most elusive.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 12:53:28 PM »

I feel he has anything above 70% left he can slap that division to pieces.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 08:04:49 PM »

I am surprised he's coming back at 168.....he's always been a very big super-middle and I felt his sometimes one paced approach was possibly to do with weight making issues. I wondered if he'd be better at 175 then, so to hear he's looking to make 168 several years later is a bit of a shock.

I wish him well though, he's a gentleman and a class act. And if he can comeback and show he's got something to offer, then he'd be a solid addition to an already fairly interesting weight class.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 08:04:49 PM »

jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 09:50:17 PM »

Shocking  idea. 4 years since the  2nd froch fight and he looked past his best then
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 12:37:05 PM »

Shocking  idea. 4 years since the  2nd froch fight and he looked past his best then

Couldn't agree more!  Really surprised to see some welcoming such news.  Kessler was a class act and has nothing left to prove.  Boxing comebacks are riddled with danger and shades of desperation, none of which are deserved by this PAST warrior.   Wink
TC

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2017, 02:26:05 PM »

Couldn't agree more!  Really surprised to see some welcoming such news.  Kessler was a class act and has nothing left to prove.  Boxing comebacks are riddled with danger and shades of desperation, none of which are deserved by this PAST warrior.   Wink

Agreed. I'm rarely in favour of fighters making a comeback, it rarely achieves anything except remind the fighter of why they retired in the first place.

"Me: We"
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2017, 03:16:39 PM »

Agreed.

Team Groves
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 05:18:38 PM »

Joe Calzaghe next.....followed by Herbie Hide

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 05:51:04 PM »

Largely overrated in his prime, not interested in him now.

Calzaghe anf Froch owe a large portion of their legacies to the public's overestimation of him.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2017, 11:42:40 AM »

Largely overrated in his prime, not interested in him now.

Calzaghe anf Froch owe a large portion of their legacies to the public's overestimation of him.

Can't agree mate sorry. He was a top fighter and tough as they come. He was good at every aspect which added together made him top level.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 02:54:11 AM »

Can't agree mate sorry. He was a top fighter and tough as they come. He was good at every aspect which added together made him top level.

He was definetly talented, but overrated. When up against other top draws --with the exception of the Froch fight(s)-- he didn't even look competitive.

Bitched and moaned about Ward holding and head butting him, yet he was down 6 rounds on two cards when they stopped it. Hardly landed a glove on Calzaghe. Think he was a good fighter, but had a choosy record in the comfort of his home for most of his career. Aside from fighters who he has lost to, it is hard to pick an opponent of note.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2017, 07:57:11 AM »

He was definetly talented, but overrated. When up against other top draws --with the exception of the Froch fight(s)-- he didn't even look competitive.

Bitched and moaned about Ward holding and head butting him, yet he was down 6 rounds on two cards when they stopped it. Hardly landed a glove on Calzaghe. Think he was a good fighter, but had a choosy record in the comfort of his home for most of his career. Aside from fighters who he has lost to, it is hard to pick an opponent of note.

Ward was horrendous with the fouls to the point that Farhood said he was 'a billy goat' and he had a fractured right hand against Calzaghe.

Sure he might not be your cup of tea, but he was a big, strong, tenacious and gutsy bugger who kept coming and coming for 12 rounds generally.

glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2017, 08:26:01 AM »

Bitched and moaned about Ward head butting him

gee, i wonder why that might be....? hmm
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: