LiveFight
June 22, 2017, 10:21:37 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: mairis briedis  (Read 616 times)
glenn_user
Executive Member

« on: April 02, 2017, 12:04:15 PM »

will bellew want any part of him now?
LiveFight
« on: April 02, 2017, 12:04:15 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 12:51:40 PM »

I wasn't overly impressed by him last night. Solid but unspectacular is about as far as I'd go.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 03:23:36 PM »

yeah, he looks decent enough but doesnt look spectacular, risky fight for bellew if he wants his belt back though.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 03:52:34 PM »

I can see Bellew just looking to cash out now and a fight with Bredis isn't going to do much for the casuals. Can imagine that Eddie would love the 'needle' between him and Whyte. One of them would throw a chair or a punch at a presser and boom, you have a PPV.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 04:03:47 PM »

will bellew want any part of him now?

In a word NO....but in all fairness why would Bellew ever want to fight at cruiser again when he's in a position to land major money fights at heavyweight? The money just isn't there for him at cruiser, he'll cash out now and any remaining fights will be at heavyweight. And that's fair enough....he's paid his dues and now he's in position to get really wealthy.

" Thanks Wlad, good game...We should play another round or two soon eh? "

LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2017, 04:03:47 PM »

glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2017, 08:48:42 PM »

In a word NO....but in all fairness why would Bellew ever want to fight at cruiser again when he's in a position to land major money fights at heavyweight? The money just isn't there for him at cruiser, he'll cash out now and any remaining fights will be at heavyweight. And that's fair enough....he's paid his dues and now he's in position to get really wealthy.

i think youre right and it is fair enough, i would not begrudge him going after big money fights even if it is all a little bit WWE.

i still think he could beat a few of these belt holders at Cruiser weight including briedis, but as you say, theres not the interest. Haye cleaned it up, and hardly anyone remembers or knows just what an achievement that was.

i still would like to think that he might take a few meaningful fights, maybe there are some at HW for him. It does seem that hes going to go for a few more haye type match ups for the money though.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2017, 07:09:20 AM »

i think youre right and it is fair enough, i would not begrudge him going after big money fights even if it is all a little bit WWE.

i still think he could beat a few of these belt holders at Cruiser weight including briedis, but as you say, theres not the interest. Haye cleaned it up, and hardly anyone remembers or knows just what an achievement that was.

i still would like to think that he might take a few meaningful fights, maybe there are some at HW for him. It does seem that hes going to go for a few more haye type match ups for the money though.

I think Bellew's ideal next fight would be the Parker/Fury winner for a crack at a heavyweight title.....and after that the Haye fight.

Thing is this, if he loses against the Parker/Fury winner, then a Haye fight is still viable. But if he takes the Haye fight first and loses that then the heavyweight shot is out the window.

There are legit and interesting fights at cruiser for Bellew, but he's free rolling now as Hearn would say. He's basically achieved his aims and now he's on the gravy train where anything else is just a lucrative bonus.

" Thanks Wlad, good game...We should play another round or two soon eh? "

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2017, 03:47:36 PM »

I think Bellew's ideal next fight would be the Parker/Fury winner for a crack at a heavyweight title.....and after that the Haye fight.

Thing is this, if he loses against the Parker/Fury winner, then a Haye fight is still viable. But if he takes the Haye fight first and loses that then the heavyweight shot is out the window.

There are legit and interesting fights at cruiser for Bellew, but he's free rolling now as Hearn would say. He's basically achieved his aims and now he's on the gravy train where anything else is just a lucrative bonus.

Spot on I wouldn't be surprised if he beat Parker or Fury the guy despite what you think of him seems to find a way and will to win. It would suit Haye if Bellew beat Parker and I rather fancy Haye to stop Bellew fairly convincingly second time round.

A Slice of Life
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2017, 03:53:52 PM »

Spot on I wouldn't be surprised if he beat Parker or Fury the guy despite what you think of him seems to find a way and will to win. It would suit Haye if Bellew beat Parker and I rather fancy Haye to stop Bellew fairly convincingly second time round.

I'm sorry but I just do not agree with this.

F*ck be Bellew just about beat a crippled Haye.

Parker and fury are legit and very heavy heaveyweights .

They both spark the scouser clean out .
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2017, 08:53:35 PM »

I'm sorry but I just do not agree with this.

F*ck be Bellew just about beat a crippled Haye.

Parker and fury are legit and very heavy heaveyweights .

They both spark the scouser clean out .
Agree. When in his career has bellew actually looked good at even light heavy or cruiser? He got lucky against haye, without the injury he would have been stopped as was already starting to gas
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: