LiveFight
June 22, 2017, 10:18:57 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ricky Burns Vs Julius Indongo  (Read 1418 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 01:06:34 PM »

True, the Scots have always been idiots  Grin
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2017, 01:06:34 PM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2017, 01:11:16 PM »

True, the Scots have always been idiots  Grin

I see what your saying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zGgVmUJ8UE

A Slice of Life
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2017, 01:41:04 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RplzKlSlbR0&t=72s

Scots are the worst in Britain though  Wink
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2017, 02:53:37 PM »

Over sensitivity starting to rack up the YouTube hits to try and make a point that isn't there today.
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »

Over sensitivity starting to rack up the YouTube hits to try and make a point that isn't there today.

No one is being over sensitive, there were idiots on Saturday there is idiots are at every fight but to make a statement like "Worse than some British fans i'd say" is where I took the issue because booing happens all over Britain.
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2017, 03:17:07 PM »

Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2017, 03:46:55 PM »

Crowd aside I'm just glad that farce of a career looks to be over.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2017, 03:51:29 PM »

Crowd aside I'm just glad that farce of a career looks to be over.

Strong words for a fighter with Burns record like him or not from the top of my head he's been involved in 14 world championship fights thats some going.

A Slice of Life
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2017, 04:22:09 PM »

Strong words for a fighter with Burns record like him or not from the top of my head he's been involved in 14 world championship fights thats some going.

Reminds me of Tony Bellew. When he's out of his depth he runs to another weight to take on the weakest champ he can find but ultimately ends up out of his depth again.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2017, 04:24:34 PM »

No one is being over sensitive, there were idiots on Saturday there is idiots are at every fight but to make a statement like "Worse than some British fans i'd say" is where I took the issue because booing happens all over Britain.

Think about how my original paragraph was constructed and then ask yourself if the crowd was better or worse than the last five cards shown on Sky. Then consider whether or not the statement I made was accurate.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2017, 04:32:08 PM »

Reminds me of Tony Bellew. When he's out of his depth he runs to another weight to take on the weakest champ he can find but ultimately ends up out of his depth again.

Its a moot point the point is both in modern boxing have great records its actually after checking 15 world championship fights. Whilst it might not compare on both fighters to fighters of past generations its terrific achievements none the less and not once will you hear me say either is the second coming.

A Slice of Life
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2017, 04:36:36 PM »

Its a moot point the point is both in modern boxing have great records its actually after checking 15 world championship fights. Whilst it might not compare on both fighters to fighters of past generations its terrific achievements none the less and not once will you hear me say either is the second coming.

Winning a world title isn't exactly a rare feat in the boxing world. I'd rather rate fighters on their records and Burns one just isn't that great 6 defeats and one ridiclious draw definitely trumps his 3 weight world champ status. Especially when you consider some of the opponents he's lost to...hardly a list of elites.
Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2017, 05:41:41 PM »

Why the sensitivity and refusal to accept that there were a load of idiots there on Saturday?
#

i wouldnt say there was many more idiots than there is at any Matchroom show.

Its a matchroom show, Eddie targets these idiots and by attending they feel they can behave in that way.

Can you imagine the idiots at the Klit fight in few weeks, booing him cause hes a "Russian Wank" orthe like as im sure he will be labelled.

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2017, 08:30:15 PM »

Winning a world title isn't exactly a rare feat in the boxing world. I'd rather rate fighters on their records and Burns one just isn't that great 6 defeats and one ridiclious draw definitely trumps his 3 weight world champ status. Especially when you consider some of the opponents he's lost to...hardly a list of elites.

No one has ever said the fighters he's lost to or struggled with are a who's who you know what you get with Ricky Burns a trier who'll possibly have you on the edge of your seat. He won't ever be considered in the upper echelons of boxers but he's 15 world title fights under his belt and has won a belt at three weights thats a decent record by anyones standards and good on him for making the most of his limited skill set.

A Slice of Life
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2017, 10:08:27 PM »

No one has ever said the fighters he's lost to or struggled with are a who's who you know what you get with Ricky Burns a trier who'll possibly have you on the edge of your seat. He won't ever be considered in the upper echelons of boxers but he's 15 world title fights under his belt and has won a belt at three weights thats a decent record by anyones standards and good on him for making the most of his limited skill set.

If he weren't British this thread wouldn't even exist.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2017, 08:35:49 AM »

Burns made great money for being average at best.

I dont hold that against him.. Good on him and the work that goes into being a boxer deserves rewarding.

He's not good though, never was..

The Scots getting behind their boy is to be expected there a patriotic bunch and its n o different than me backing Hatton/Quigg etc

LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: