LiveFight
August 21, 2017, 11:49:13 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael Conlan  (Read 353 times)
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« on: May 27, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »

I really like the lad, he was a brilliant amateur, he's a brilliant personality and he's ballsy.

I'm just not able to shake off the concern that his pro career will be a let down. I really hope I'm wrong and its early days.

However, I think he looks a bit stiff in there, he takes shots off very poor fighters and he doesn't have great leverage when he attacks. I can see him being taken apart when he get up a few levels, maybe a shocker along the way... I think he's going to be very similar to Jamie - but with all the pressure of the money and fame....
LiveFight
« on: May 27, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »

mac-rebel021
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 08:36:13 AM »

I tend to agree and what worries me even more is the kinehan connection. Why associate yourself such an outfit?  Im sure he could of have the pick of managers out there.

its not the size of the dog in the fight
its the size of the fight in the dog
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 08:50:01 AM »

I tend to agree and what worries me even more is the kinehan connection. Why associate yourself such an outfit?  Im sure he could of have the pick of managers out there.

I don't understand either. They got in with Mcgregor early too. 

It's destroyed Irish boxing.. Have you been to any shows lately? Horrible scum at them.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 12:06:35 PM »

Jamie is one of my current favourite fighters but clearly Top Rank won't be wanting Michael to be having up and down wars at anything less than world title level.
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 03:04:32 PM »

Jamie is one of my current favourite fighters but clearly Top Rank won't be wanting Michael to be having up and down wars at anything less than world title level.

Agreed - I love watching him fight & I think Mick will be similar.

As you said - the expectation is that Michael will rise above that and be entertaining... I just wonder if he'll be all that... Someone like Valdez that can go the 12 at a high pace and take shots will be a nightmare - and there are a tonne of those guys in that division and around those weights!!!
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 03:04:32 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: