LiveFight
August 21, 2017, 11:52:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Witter hopes Brook considers retirement  (Read 1505 times)
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »

Im not sure about that mate, i presume it wasnt some back street clinic he went to. Medical scans these days are pretty good. Not ruling it our completely though id be mighty surprised

Good point mate, but perhaps the focus was so much on the obviously affected eye that no formal scan was done on the other eye? It just seems so strange and freakish to suffer the same injury to either eye in consecutive fights...just got me thinking that GGG effectively damaged both eyes in a similar manner in the one fight with one going over the "threshold"...it just got me thinking, more so the fact that Brook jumped up two weights for that fight, and was going in against a serious puncher in GGG
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »

GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 12:58:04 PM »

The surgeon is saying his previously damaged eye is now stronger after the surgery and plate, and the newly damaged eye should also be stronger once healed, so if this is true once he's fit I see no reason why he shouldn't jump straight back in to a big fight.

He's still at his best bar the injuries lately. Khan makes sense as there's no chance of Khan hurting him!

I can believe that the eyes will heal stronger, but the bottom line is that both his eyes will have been reconfigured with titanium etc...his eyes are now modified for life. The main reason why I say he should retire is more of the mental factor if anything. I'm just not convinced that he will cope with getting punched in his eyes for a living from this point forward...he will always have it in his mind that he could go blind, irrespective of the actual clinical prognosis...just my opinion but I really reckon the fact that both eyes were previously smashed will play on his mind
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 01:18:09 PM »

Now i'm obviously no surgeon unless cunnilingus falls under that category and i can see the reasoning for it being 'stronger' but..

How do they do the op?  does he have scar tissue? Skin is only weakened by breaking is it not? Will he be susceptible to opening up in furture fights?

Will he look like the terminator with his metal face under it once he gets caught ?  Grin 
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 02:07:57 PM »

Now i'm obviously no surgeon unless cunnilingus falls under that category and i can see the reasoning for it being 'stronger' but..

How do they do the op?  does he have scar tissue? Skin is only weakened by breaking is it not? Will he be susceptible to opening up in furture fights?

Will he look like the terminator with his metal face under it once he gets caught ?  Grin 

Barrera had a brain defect and had to have surgery and a metal plate attached to his skull. He fought with the metal plate protecting his brain for the majority of his career. It was before his first fight with Morales. To me thats worse. Can you imagine what we would have lost if Barrera listened to the naysayers. Instead he listened to his instincts and was proven right to carry on.

Kell was unlucky with the injuries but lucky in that his face does not look disfigured or anyway different post op. Unlike Margarito and Michael Bisping who were permanantly disfigured. The fact his orbital will now be stronger is reason to carry on and express his talent. The second reason......Khan hits like a little girl. That fight has to be made. I'm no expert so I can't say he's not taking a risk. But the odds of Kell having a successfull career beyond this point, if his does make the decision to continue, are high.

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 02:55:16 PM »

Barrera had a brain defect and had to have surgery and a metal plate attached to his skull. He fought with the metal plate protecting his brain for the majority of his career. It was before his first fight with Morales. To me thats worse. Can you imagine what we would have lost if Barrera listened to the naysayers. Instead he listened to his instincts and was proven right to carry on.

Kell was unlucky with the injuries but lucky in that his face does not look disfigured or anyway different post op. Unlike Margarito and Michael Bisping who were permanantly disfigured. The fact his orbital will now be stronger is reason to carry on and express his talent. The second reason......Khan hits like a little girl. That fight has to be made. I'm no expert so I can't say he's not taking a risk. But the odds of Kell having a successfull career beyond this point, if his does make the decision to continue, are high.

Not disagreeing I was trying to work out if the skin was damaged i dont know enough about the op to really comment. I just know ive seen many a fighter get cuts then lose subsequent battles through cuts reopening. I dont know if the surgery will weaken his skin similar to normal cuts.

He didnt open up v Spence mind so probably not   
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 02:55:16 PM »

Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 04:17:46 PM »

Maybe it's an unfair advantage, can Khan have a plate put in his chin?  Cheesy
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2017, 08:11:38 AM »

I believe it's a lightweight gauze more than a 'plate'.

My mum's got several real plates in her legs and they are like door hinges with holes in them, where they are fitted to the bone with titanium screws.

I think the injury is less about the front upper cheek, but actually the socket itself what the eyeball sits within. Sometimes the crack goes underneath and behind the eyeball itself. 
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 11:31:56 AM »

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/mexicos-israel-vazquez-to-lose-his-eye/

Take heed kell
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 12:21:30 PM »

Definitely not worth it. Especially when your set for life money wise already. Makes no sense what so ever.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: