LiveFight
October 18, 2017, 07:09:08 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "When loss is a victory" by Wlad Klitschko  (Read 869 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: June 05, 2017, 09:17:34 AM »

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/when-loss-victory-dr-wladimir-klitschko?trk=v-feed&trk=v-feed&lipi=urn%3Ali%3Apage%3Ad_flagship3_feed%3BIbyNm4snBa80MN2tEIc3xg%3D%3D

LiveFight
« on: June 05, 2017, 09:17:34 AM »

Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 09:25:42 AM »

He's dining out a bit on this isn't he? Ultimately he put up a good performance in a losing fight, same as many other fighters have done in the past.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 10:47:36 AM »

His performance was heroic and God like if you ask me. But he gets stopped much earlier in a rematch.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 11:14:09 AM »

The thing is Wlad must be thinking what if I had gone for the kill after the knock down? He won't want to retire and always be left thinking I could have won. In the rematch I think it may be a better fight as if Wlad hurts AJ this time he won't be as willing to let him off the hook as last time
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 04:49:09 PM »

Reading between the lines of what he said and what his brother said,the rematch will be waived off.Thus why Eddie Hearn is throwing around different venues like Vegas and now says Nigeria is front runner for the rematch.But its just posturing from Hearn to entice Wladmir to take the rematch. Those 3 knockdowns will stick in his head,not forgetting that uppercut from Hell.So I feel Wlad will decide against the rematch.

Southern Storm
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 04:49:09 PM »

glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 07:16:22 PM »

if he really wants to continue, there are a few belts he could get hold of far easier.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 07:32:02 PM »

if he really wants to continue, there are a few belts he could get hold of far easier.

There's no bigger payday as his last fight . I think that's the top and bottom if it
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 07:34:13 PM »

Losing is the new winning!!!

I'm very proud of Wlad and Jeremy Corbyn
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »

He's dining out a bit on this isn't he? Ultimately he put up a good performance in a losing fight, same as many other fighters have done in the past.

Yeah he's basking in the 'afterglow' of a loss a bit too much now.....its time he gave it a rest.
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 07:51:07 PM »

Losing is the new winning!!!

I'm very proud of Wlad and Jeremy Corbyn
Grin
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 08:03:31 PM »

There's no bigger payday as his last fight . I think that's the top and bottom if it

most likely, but he may want to go out as a belt holder, as im sure he has made enough money. plus, the klitschkos will always be a draw, he will earn a decent amount fighting anyone by filling a stadium in germany. although whether they could get one of the other belt holders to step up or sell their belts is another issue. i dont think wilder wants a genuine challenge, although parker might.

if he decides to have one last fight and sells it as that, then i see him taking on something easier.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 06:55:08 AM »

Bonte said the money is so big for a rematch, they couldn't possibly turn it down.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 08:03:52 AM »

Bonte said the money is so big for a rematch, they couldn't possibly turn it down.

That sums it up really....he'll take another KO loss cushioned by the payday. And Bonte will of course be happy to take his cut.  This will be over within 3 rounds and then we'll see Wlad all smiles chatting about being happy to pass the torch onto a man like Joshua blah, blah, blah.

Truth is the feel good factor that Wlad created for himself by showing some bravery will evaporate when he goes over early and easy in part 2. People got value for money from the first fight, the second encounter will leave people feeling shortchanged. Its just a cash grab that'll tarnish the memory of the first fight.

The casuals who enjoyed the first fight will go back to feeling ripped off by boxing in the wake of the rematch. Hearn needs to realise the path this will follow and at least put something solid together for the undercard to cushion the blow for those shelling out PPV pound notes.
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 11:29:35 AM »

Well we have been starved of a great heavyweight fight for so long... why would anybody not want to see it again. I still have this as a 50/50 fight. Possibly going to a money making 3rd rubber match. Can it live up to the first fight though.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 03:49:37 PM »

Well we have been starved of a great heavyweight fight for so long... why would anybody not want to see it again. I still have this as a 50/50 fight. Possibly going to a money making 3rd rubber match. Can it live up to the first fight though.

Agree, that fight showed they both have the tools to beat each other.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: