LiveFight
August 21, 2017, 11:48:40 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The worst scorecard in boxing history...  (Read 639 times)
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: June 10, 2017, 10:10:13 PM »

Has anyone watched the Burnett Haskins fight?

118-110 Haskins?  Shocked Shocked Shocked Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Safe to say the right man won in the end though by 'split' decision after basically dominating every minute of every round.

That scorecard though, surely the bloke must have got the names mixed up..I didn't think I'd see  worse card than the 114-114 Mayweather Canelo card but that one tonight easily beats any card I have ever seen bar none.

Just wow.
LiveFight
« on: June 10, 2017, 10:10:13 PM »

legs

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 10:31:17 PM »

Yeah I watch d the fight is it even possible to score it that way when Burnett had two 10-8 rounds haha

I was completely stunned when I heard split decision he must have the names wrong but even so Robert Smith said he doesn't want him here scoring again and I can see why he was a disgrace.

Haskins was game but Burnett was a level above looks a good fighter to me on that display
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 11:05:19 PM »

Yeah I watch d the fight is it even possible to score it that way when Burnett had two 10-8 rounds haha

I was completely stunned when I heard split decision he must have the names wrong but even so Robert Smith said he doesn't want him here scoring again and I can see why he was a disgrace.

Haskins was game but Burnett was a level above looks a good fighter to me on that display

Gross incompetence whatever the explanation.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 07:50:17 AM »

I think it was just a genuine mistake of getting their names the wrong way around.

Perhaps time the face/ shorts were printed on the card too.

Or is it just the plain fact the judge was 80 years old  Grin
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 09:49:50 AM »

You've got 2 guys in a boxing ring having a fight.

As a judge, surely it's a minimum requirement that you figure out who is who before you sit down and judge who you think is winning the fight. If it's a genuine mistake, that to me is just as laughable as the bloke actually thinking Haskins won more or less the whole fight barring the knockdowns.

Could you imagine the uproar if that happens next week with Ward Kovalev??!! Grin Grin Grin
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 09:49:50 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »

The IBF have confirmed that the judge scored the fight for the wrong fighter.  Ridiculous considering they both had their names on their shorts I think.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 11:44:46 AM »

The IBF have confirmed that the judge scored the fight for the wrong fighter.  Ridiculous considering they both had their names on their shorts I think.

Dear god (Or Allah if i am politically correct) its basics, this guy couldnt read shorts yet is meant to see feints and punches landed  Sad

It beggars belief doesn't it
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 04:52:27 PM »

It explains the mishap but it certainly doesn't excuse it. The judge will have been well paid to come over here and score a world title fight. He should have done his research before even landing in the UK. I don't care if he's old and possibly a bit daft, no excuse for that kind of F*ck up at the elite level. It's really a joke.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 06:53:54 PM »

Tbf to the judge at least he scored the fight correctly....his mistake is shocking but nothing in comparison to the judges who hand in those scores knowingly.
unknown
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 08:14:51 PM »

guess in time the judges will have augmented glasses and the name will be above the fighter along with hit count stats.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: