LiveFight
August 21, 2017, 12:05:54 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ward vs Kovalev 2  (Read 3032 times)
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: June 15, 2017, 01:57:17 AM »

It's this weekend and hardly anyone seems to know or care, whoever "promoted" this wants sacking.

For what it's worth I'm going ward UD this time.

Team Groves
LiveFight
« on: June 15, 2017, 01:57:17 AM »

mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 10:26:33 AM »

I think Kovalev will win this with a mid round stoppage. I'm looking forward to it
ScottMillwall
V.I.P
Executive Member

El Chocolatito

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 12:01:24 PM »

Rocnation are as much use as Anne Frank's drum kit. Main Events have at least tried to promote it, just not very well!

I'm rooting for Kovalev but think it'll be a clear UD for Ward.
unknown
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 01:03:27 PM »

from memory, and I had money on ward after listening to dwyer (gamblers advisory), ward lost the last one, it was a robbery?

Ward was lucky to the win the last one, hence the reason for the rematch.

Kovalev is going to have got all the extra special tips to not just win but clear KTFO warrd, and he will want to as well as he feels robbed from the last one.

Do not like this fight for a bet, no idea the way to bet it.
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »

Kovalev will  make mistakes in this one.His hatred for Ward based on ethnicity will work against him.Ward is much sharper than last time,he started bad but finished strong after not having faced a Top Notch guy since Dawson.Now he's Primed and ready to put on  masterclass display of Boxing skills,athleticism  and Ring smarts.
I won't rule out a stoppage win for Ward,coz he's in best shape of his life.There will be No Trilogy.

Southern Storm
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 02:42:44 PM »

glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 06:20:23 PM »

Kovalev will  make mistakes in this one.His hatred for Ward based on ethnicity will work against him.Ward is much sharper than last time,he started bad but finished strong after not having faced a Top Notch guy since Dawson.Now he's Primed and ready to put on  masterclass display of Boxing skills,athleticism  and Ring smarts.
I won't rule out a stoppage win for Ward,coz he's in best shape of his life.There will be No Trilogy.

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 08:40:52 PM »

I can't believe kov will make mistakes due to what you've put.

Absolute shite
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 09:48:25 PM »

I can't believe kov will make mistakes due to what you've put.

Absolute shite

Rumour has it he's coming in the ring in full kkk gear.
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 10:12:39 PM »

I think Kovalev will win this with a mid round stoppage. I'm looking forward to it

I'm starting to come round to this way of thinking, but perhaps earlier than a mid round stoppage. Kovalev looks mean, nasty and dangerous. I think he might come out and really shock Ward, and take him out within 3-4 rounds...if he had put his foot on the gas first time round he would have got the job done that quickly last time out in any case.
dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2017, 10:53:09 PM »

i agree with some of that  some
ward by wide ud
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2017, 06:41:32 AM »

I'd love Kovalev to win but I think Ward susses him out earlier this time and cleverly wrestles his way to a win. Either by wide ud or Kov does something stupid out of frustration and is disqualified.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2017, 08:12:49 AM »

Ward by wider margin this time around perhaps even a late stoppage.

A Slice of Life
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2017, 09:25:31 AM »

The KD to some degree worked against Kovalev last time......he started to load up after that and looked to land a clean finisher. That is tiring and Ward was also effective at using his patented clinch, push and punch moves.....and the referee allowed him to get away with it. He got in between them and issued warnings.....but to both fighters and he was looking at Kovalev when he was issuing joint warnings. Its that kind of thing that p*sses me off and it makes a difference.

In the rematch Kovalev needs to forget about the KO and just concentrate on winning rounds, and let the KO take care of itself. And his corner need to be on to the referee before and during about Ward's 'use' of the clinch.

The uppercut is a punch that could do big things for Kovalev if he times it right. Stay low and shoot it when Ward seeks to get low and clinch. Its a punch that could do major damage or at the very least disuade Ward from grabbing and seeking safety and his workzone in the clinch.

Ward uses his speed to often dive into clinches, gets low and looks to offset the opponents balance, pushes them onto their heels and then starts punching. Its a dirty tactic, but its sly because he can do some effective from from within a clinch he initiates. It also works well because getting low and pushing forward negates the opponents leverage.....but a well timed uppercut dug in when Ward is looking for the clinch could be very effective.

smoky

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2017, 10:24:35 AM »

Put a couple of drunken bets on yesterday, kovalev win by ko rounds 1-3 and kovalev win by ko round 2.  Unlikely but I was drunk.
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2017, 10:22:14 PM »

Rumour has it he's coming in the ring in full kkk gear.

Not often I literally laugh out loud with posts I read. Well done, sir.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 11:07:22 PM by ChicagoFightFan » Logged
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: