LiveFight
June 24, 2017, 05:23:05 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ward vs Kovalev 2  (Read 1763 times)
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2017, 07:54:40 PM »

I agree.....a match up between the 2 best 75 pounders deserved to see a controversy free conclusion. What we actually got left more questions than answers. Very disappointing.

Apparently Weeks has admitted he was at fault on twitter. Fair play to him for that, but too little too late.

If weeks has admitted he made an error in favour of ward. Then i see a 3rd fight happening. I don't see many other better options for either of them.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2017, 07:54:40 PM »

unknown
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2017, 08:41:12 PM »

It doesn't matter what Ward says or what Kovalev says, or even Weeks.

It matters what actually happened, and what actually happened was Ward was warned 3 times of low blows, hit Kovalev with a plum of  right hand, and then went back to hitting Kovalev low.

There was no point deduction or recognition of the rules of boxing.

Could Ward have just been given a baseball bat and allowed smash Kovalev?

The fight result has only one route at this point because of the Ref obvious BIAS towards Ward.

The result has to be over turned after close inspection of the footage. If the rules have not been followed then that is that.

If the fight was some not important back waters fight then no one  would care but the fight is a huge magnifying glass.

unfortunately Ward has cost himself the fight, he could have VERY easily fought inside the rules he has trained most of his life (more?).

If a fight like this, of this importance, of such blatant cheating is allowed to slide.. it creates a really big issue for the  brand of boxing.

What happens next time another fighter saw it happened in ward vs Kov 2 so he will try it?

No chance, the rules of boxing are the rules of boxing.

Whats next, a fighter is allowed to throw punches up to 2 or 3 seconds after the bell because he is on top.

People that are boxing fans, even ward fans, need to voice up about this.

This is not the kind of thing any one wants to see AT ALL.

Like its the Hood or some thing.... its a ring that has rules. if those rules are broken especially in a world championship bout.

Also remember its compounded by the lack of a standing count, any previous point deduction..

The fight is a farce and should be invalidated ASAP by which ever world council has an interest in their name holding prestige.

Its Kovalev 1 nil up with Ward doing better in the second fight and blowing it not just for himself but for the world of boxing, the world of boxing now needs to un-fck this situation.

What a tool.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2017, 08:59:27 PM »

with ward i never make the mistake of waiting up to watch his fights, or try to see them a day later, i just read the write ups, because they sound predictably dull every time. something controversial or dodgy, plus its never entertaining. it just sounds like another waste of everyones time.

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2017, 08:10:23 AM »

with ward i never make the mistake of waiting up to watch his fights, or try to see them a day later, i just read the write ups, because they sound predictably dull every time. something controversial or dodgy, plus its never entertaining. it just sounds like another waste of everyones time.

It was worth watching, I am glad I stayed up for it. Both fights were worth it IMO.

Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2017, 11:09:41 AM »

Absolutley shocking stoppage. It's not the first time we've seen Black referees helping black fighters to victory.

Makes a complete mockery of the sport. Absolute Corruption. Weeks should get a ban for what we saw the other night.

LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2017, 11:09:41 AM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2017, 12:02:38 PM »

Wonder if kov actually got paid. He had a similar deal as joe v bhop from what i read?

Joe lost out major in that deal
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2017, 01:04:10 PM »

Wonder if kov actually got paid. He had a similar deal as joe v bhop from what i read?

Joe lost out major in that deal

They give him the decision to make up for it.

What kind of deal was it though? I heard Kovalev was unhappy in the build about something to do with his pay but not sure what.

Team Groves
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2017, 01:24:00 PM »

They give him the decision to make up for it.

What kind of deal was it though? I heard Kovalev was unhappy in the build about something to do with his pay but not sure what.

He gets a percentage of the PPV and tickets sold apparently. Not sure what percentage though
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2017, 11:30:41 AM »

I heard it did shocking at the box office, like 150,000

Two top pound for pound guys, a boxer and a puncher - and it did nothing.

Meanwhile Canelo vs JCC jr did over a million.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2017, 11:50:38 AM »

I heard it did shocking at the box office, like 150,000

Two top pound for pound guys, a boxer and a puncher - and it did nothing.

Meanwhile Canelo vs JCC jr did over a million.

RIP ROCNATION
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2017, 12:08:28 PM »

Roc Nation seemed to get into the business of boxing promotion and then immediately decide that they didn't actually want to engage in promoting any of the fighters they signed. 

God certainly doesn't help him with his decision making as it has been awful bar entering the Super Six.  A fight with Bute would have been huge but he dragged Dawson down to 168 instead.  Ward could be a huge name but I imagine Brian Rose shifts more tickets.  All that effort in losing court cases to a dying man to then sign with RN.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2017, 04:34:30 PM »

Roc Nation seemed to get into the business of boxing promotion and then immediately decide that they didn't actually want to engage in promoting any of the fighters they signed. 

God certainly doesn't help him with his decision making as it has been awful bar entering the Super Six.  A fight with Bute would have been huge but he dragged Dawson down to 168 instead.  Ward could be a huge name but I imagine Brian Rose shifts more tickets.  All that effort in losing court cases to a dying man to then sign with RN.

Why didn't JZ turn up and shout down the mic? is he on social media, if so tweet about it etc.

I think boxing is just a toy train set to him.

Ward likes to present a wholesome image, but judge a man by what he does, not what he says - and you'll conclude that him dragging a dying man through court after court, and constantly losing and eventually getting out when the bloke dies, tells its own story.

I watched the HBO version of the fight and Kovalev got proper shafted. Roy Jones was swinging from Ward's nuts something cruel and Tony Weeks shouldn't ref a big fight again for the ending, which was at best bizarre, and at worst completely inept/corrupt.

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2017, 04:44:19 PM »

Why didn't JZ turn up and shout down the mic? is he on social media, if so tweet about it etc.

I think boxing is just a toy train set to him.

Ward likes to present a wholesome image, but judge a man by what he does, not what he says - and you'll conclude that him dragging a dying man through court after court, and constantly losing and eventually getting out when the bloke dies, tells its own story.

I watched the HBO version of the fight and Kovalev got proper shafted. Roy Jones was swinging from Ward's nuts something cruel and Tony Weeks shouldn't ref a big fight again for the ending, which was at best bizarre, and at worst completely inept/corrupt.

I think it's a tad harsh.

Goosen could quite easily have just let Ward go as he had far bigger problems and shouldn't of been putting his no doubt limited energy into that. Whatever the set up Ward wanted out, I doubt he felt good about doing it in those circumstances but he wanted better for him and his family and felt he needed to do it.

The Rocnation set up is a joke though I agree with that and if Ward is happy barely anyone watched or has a clue about his biggest win then more fool him.

Team Groves
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2017, 02:39:13 PM »

This Rambling can go on.We could have a Mexican referee or a White Referee,he was not going to save Kovalev after getting cloaked with that Right hand and the end was coming.He was a tired,beaten man and if he had survived the round,he would have been finished off before the 10th.The guy had broken down mentally and physically.The Final Blow was low,as Kovalev was bending down so it looked borderline from another angle.In a 3dr fight,Kovalev still loses coz mentally he does not have it to finish fights against Ward.He starts well,but once he gets figured or takes too many body shots,he wants out.The stoppage was early,but I have seen much much worse.Life goes on guys,it does not matter what happens,there is always an excuse if he wins.If he wins on points,he was boring,if he stops someone well its either low blows or referee.The Fight itself was brilliant,it had 2 fighters made for each other who both made adjustments in some very close rounds.But one of them began to fade badly and and on his way to getting stopped,before the early stoppage.Tatenda vakomana  ne vasikana.

Southern Storm
motoriser
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2017, 02:42:03 PM »

It was worth watching, I am glad I stayed up for it. Both fights were worth it IMO.

Everyone who watched this fight said it was an exciting fight.It went back and forth with skills on display from both guys and Drama.That is what makes Boxing special coz of the Drama we saw.Only ones who say the fight was boring,are the ones who watched the fight emotionally invested in seeing Ward lose.So they chose to Ignore the High level of skills displayed by both Fighters coz the wrong guy for them won,despite how both fighters showed high levels of skills. Tatenda.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 02:43:57 PM by motoriser » Logged

Southern Storm
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: