LiveFight
July 18, 2018, 03:21:14 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Boxing Super Series  (Read 12693 times)
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2017, 11:52:59 AM »

Agree on this, like I've mentioned in far from Burt sugar but I'd not heard of the lad before it and thought it would be a walk in the park for smith.

He was a good offensive fighter and boxed well. Loads of respect in defeat also which was nice to see

Yeah he was a very classy guy, it was fought in a great spirit. Extremely competitive but so much respect throughout. Think it was the 12th when they both took turns belting each other and then shared a smile. Nice moment.
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2017, 11:52:59 AM »

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2017, 01:38:28 PM »

Yeah he was a very classy guy, it was fought in a great spirit. Extremely competitive but so much respect throughout. Think it was the 12th when they both took turns belting each other and then shared a smile. Nice moment.

I like needle in a build up, it's a fight but it's also good to see him raise smiths hand at the end .

Nothin wrong with respect in defeat.
Nothing worse than seeing a fighter throw his dummy out and go stomping off out the ring makes them look a right plank pot  Grin
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2017, 03:18:48 PM »

Final of the Cruiserweight edition has been confirmed for Saudi Arabia in May.  Seems a shame given where the remaining fighters are based. 
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2017, 04:09:33 PM »

Final of the Cruiserweight edition has been confirmed for Saudi Arabia in May.  Seems a shame given where the remaining fighters are based. 

Fighting in an empty arena then
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2017, 05:48:08 PM »

No piss heads in crowd then
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2017, 05:48:08 PM »

glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2017, 08:30:27 PM »

kalle sauerland is going to get executed isnt he
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2017, 09:44:31 PM »

No piss heads in crowd then

Not unless they want to spend the rest of their lives in jail!
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2017, 12:48:36 PM »

Brahmer v Brant is on ITV Box Office for free this Friday at 9.45pm.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2017, 06:24:32 PM »

Groves v Eubank venue and date will be confirmed next week for February and will be in the UK.
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2018, 04:26:09 PM »

Still no word on date or venue for Callum Smith's semi-final.

Seems strange considering how organised the rest of the tournament is.

Anybody know anything? Guessing there's an injury on one side?
legs

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2018, 10:02:40 PM »

I heard a rumour Smith was due to fight his SF in Germany which he isnít happy about and may pull out the super six.

This might be a load of rubbish but who knows ?
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2018, 10:44:41 AM »

I heard a rumour Smith was due to fight his SF in Germany which he isnít happy about and may pull out the super six.

This might be a load of rubbish but who knows ?

I could see there being some truth to it, but I don't think the organisation will allow it to go that far. I expect to see a neutral venue at worst.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2018, 11:23:45 AM »

With the Sauerland's already having been part of the Super Six I'd imagine that the contracts would be sewn up to prevent guys pulling out because they don't like the venue.  Both Smith and Braehmer had their first fights of the tournament at a home venue so I can't see that there should be complaint from either of them if they have to travel for the next round.  From a purely commercial standpoint, I'd say that there is no way that this fight could justify a neutral venue.

I'd be disappointed if Smith is reluctant to travel to face an old Braehmer though given that he'll have had the easiest possible route to the final.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2018, 04:53:27 PM »

With the Sauerland's already having been part of the Super Six I'd imagine that the contracts would be sewn up to prevent guys pulling out because they don't like the venue.  Both Smith and Braehmer had their first fights of the tournament at a home venue so I can't see that there should be complaint from either of them if they have to travel for the next round.  From a purely commercial standpoint, I'd say that there is no way that this fight could justify a neutral venue.

I'd be disappointed if Smith is reluctant to travel to face an old Braehmer though given that he'll have had the easiest possible route to the final.

From a commercial viewpoint holding the fight in the UK and Liverpool makes most sense. It'd be a big event over here. But then again why should Smith have things all his own way and Braehmer be expected to dance to Callum's tune. I understand Smith not being keen on going to Germany but surely he'd have known the potential route the tournament could have taken prior to entering......and like you say he should be quite capable of going to Germany and trampling all over Braehmer at this point!

Ultimately I can't see the location being any real stumbling block.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2018, 11:18:24 AM »

I see Gallagher is saying it should be at a neutral venue but I don't see either fighter being a big enough draw outside of their homelands to make that viable.  Whilst he can moan about previous decisions in Germany, it's hardly like the UK is an enticing prospect for foreign fighters when a fight goes to the cards at present.

It's a disappointing stance from Smith for me.  Usyk will have had both of his fights in the tournament so far in his opponents back yard and Eubank didn't make a fuss about having to go to Germany.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: