LiveFight
August 14, 2018, 03:26:42 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Boxing Super Series  (Read 14282 times)
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2018, 12:11:17 PM »

The fight has just been confirmed for Nuremberg on 24th February.  Nice to have the semi's on back to back weekends.
LiveFight
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2018, 12:11:17 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2018, 03:48:27 PM »

Usyk v Bredis is on free to air on the ITV Box Office channel tomorrow.  Should be a quality fight followed by Gassiev v Dorticos next weekend on ITV4.

It's just been announced that Groves v Eubank will be £16.95 and Smith v Braehmer will be £9.95 on PPV.  I'm not sure that there is enough interest in Smith currently for people to part with him a tenner to watch him against Braehmer.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2018, 03:57:18 PM »

Usyk v Bredis is on free to air on the ITV Box Office channel tomorrow.  Should be a quality fight followed by Gassiev v Dorticos next weekend on ITV4.

It's just been announced that Groves v Eubank will be £16.95 and Smith v Braehmer will be £9.95 on PPV.  I'm not sure that there is enough interest in Smith currently for people to part with him a tenner to watch him against Braehmer.

I hope people do support smith via PPV, but you may have a point.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2018, 01:24:55 PM »

Brilliant fight between Usyk and Bredis last night, both a credit to the sport. Next weeks semi and the final will have made for a great series of fights. Hopefully they can get get some equally strong weight classes for the next edition.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2018, 06:29:18 PM »

I canít find this on demand anywhere
LiveFight
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2018, 06:29:18 PM »

wbamitch

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2018, 04:33:56 PM »

A reminder to check out the 2nd semi final in the cruiserweight division tonight, expect another shootout although I really donít see this going the distance. Iím favouring Gassiev who is a bit more methodical in his destructive approach these two both have, think his body work could force the Cuban out.

I do believe Gassiev brings the best final against Usyk but Iíd like to see Dorticos win the tournament.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2018, 11:22:29 AM »

Another great fight at Cruiser in the tournament. There canít be many other fights of recent times that warrant getting excited for as much as Usyk v Gassiev. Just a shame itís in such an unappealing destination as Jeddah.
wbamitch

« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2018, 12:36:00 PM »

Fantastic final, for a little bit it looked that Dorticos would just be to big in his stalking of Gassiev but the quality and variety of Gassiev took over, Dorticos had an unbelieve chin and I couldn't see him being stopped, perfect counter shot in the 12th which effectively closed the show.

After Usyk's semi last week I felt Gassiev could really cause big problems in the final, just slightly after last night I am fancying Usyk a little bit more. Usyk has looked hittable though and Gassiev definately has a bit of variety, I feel Usyk may not be able to take as much as Dorticos but he definately has a lot more to his game than Dorticos who was very one dimensional.

Usyk definately starts as the favourite but the outcome has a bit more doubt cast over it, think I will be looking at both their toughest fights (Lebedev and Breidis) again in anticipation in what really is a great final. The destination is baffling, I get its a worldwide tournament but come on!

Any announcements on the Super Middleweight final, that has to be in the UK surely?

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2018, 01:23:58 PM »

No announcement yet but itís hard to see it being anywhere else with what looks set to be an all British final.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #69 on: February 07, 2018, 02:59:35 PM »

Good piece on Groves by Donald McRae:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/07/george-groves-chris-eubank-jr-boxing-interview#comments

Very funny comparing Eubank's Snr and Jr to David Brent and Gareth in The Office.

Skybet have Groves at 6/1 to win the fight on points which seems very good value to me.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2018, 06:44:28 PM »

Odds for the Saturdayís card:
Groves 6/4 v Eubank Jr 8/13
Walsh 5/6 v Lowe 10/11
Langford 8/15 v Arnfield 7/5
Iqbal 1/2 v Vallily 7/5

Not often you see four fights that are between 50/50 and 60/40 on a British card nowadays.

Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #71 on: February 13, 2018, 04:43:43 PM »

Skybet have Groves at 6/1 to win the fight on points which seems very good value to me.

I've had a bet on that, only got 11/2 though.

Do you remember my Groves vs Degale bet? Groves to win on points was 33/1 with Sporting Bet, had a tenner on that!
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2018, 04:57:37 PM »

Seen some of the footage of the workouts today.....Eubank as expected looks shredded and in fantastic shape, but tiny, like a welterweight almost. Obviously he will fill out after the weigh in so they won't look quite as different in size but Eubank is a medium to small middleweight and Groves is a big super middleweight naturally. I think this fight does come down to size, and Groves' superior fundamental skillset, starting with the jab. If that shot alone is on point then all the freestyling that Eubank does will be rendered irrelevant.
The_Answer
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2018, 07:25:44 PM »

Seen some of the footage of the workouts today.....Eubank as expected looks shredded and in fantastic shape, but tiny, like a welterweight almost. Obviously he will fill out after the weigh in so they won't look quite as different in size but Eubank is a medium to small middleweight and Groves is a big super middleweight naturally. I think this fight does come down to size, and Groves' superior fundamental skillset, starting with the jab. If that shot alone is on point then all the freestyling that Eubank does will be rendered irrelevant.

You don't see Groves being incredibly easy to hit and Eubank Jr's speed being a factor at all.. personally I think that's more of a banker than size coming into it.

I think he will land combinations often and at will and the ref stops it for Eubank Jr TKO around the round 7/8 mark.

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2018, 09:02:36 PM »

You don't see Groves being incredibly easy to hit and Eubank Jr's speed being a factor at all.. personally I think that's more of a banker than size coming into it.

I think he will land combinations often and at will and the ref stops it for Eubank Jr TKO around the round 7/8 mark.

Big call that mate, canít see Eubank stopping groves. He doesnít hit hard for a mw let alone against a big smw.
If it goes to points then Eubank has a shout, personally see groves doing a number on him and smashing him up.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: