LiveFight
February 23, 2018, 06:42:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Boxing Super Series  (Read 8184 times)
Gaz, Vlad The Impaler, wbamitch and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2018, 09:21:40 PM »

You don't see Groves being incredibly easy to hit and Eubank Jr's speed being a factor at all.. personally I think that's more of a banker than size coming into it.

I think he will land combinations often and at will and the ref stops it for Eubank Jr TKO around the round 7/8 mark.

No I don't see that mate. I don't think Groves has to do anything special to win this fight like I said as long as his jab is sharp that will go a long way to keeping Eubank under control.

If Groves allows it to become a tear up then Eubank has a shot.Other than that I just think Groves will be too big, too natural at the weight and ultimately too skilled in the basics of the game. I see Eubank as a bit of a freestyler, great against a certain level of opponent but the last time he fought anyone with an ounce of class about them he got stood on his head for 6 rounds against BJS til BJS ran out of gas and even then this speed, intensity and punches in bunches approach didn't do enough for him. Eubank may well have improved since that fight but he hasn't fought anyone since then who has made him tap into what boxing brain he has, something which Groves will definitely make him do on Saturday.

He may well show another level but asking me right now, I don't see it. Groves has all the tools to make this a comfortable night unless bravado kicks in, that's the only danger to Groves as far as I can see.
LiveFight
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2018, 09:21:40 PM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2018, 07:57:41 AM »

If Groves starts landing heavy shots to the body then the fights over. Eubank might have a decent chin but GG is a big SMW and a fairly hard hitting one. Body shots are the difference when fighting the naturally smaller man.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #77 on: February 14, 2018, 08:54:02 AM »

I've had a bet on that, only got 11/2 though.

Do you remember my Groves vs Degale bet? Groves to win on points was 33/1 with Sporting Bet, had a tenner on that!

Yeah, that was a cracker!  Groves points has come in to 5/1 generally now and 4/1 some places. 

I'm surprised that Eubank is favoured so much by the bookies in this fight.  I think a lot of fans would give Groves the edge given his size, power and experience.  Martin Murray said Groves hit harder than Golovkin and Eubank wanted no part of him so I can see Jr being on his bike for the first half of the fight as he was against BJS.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2018, 07:36:45 PM »

I reckon this is Eubanks moment, speed kills and I don't think Groves likes a fast mobile fighter. If Eubank is lazy then Groves will nail him however Froch had the style to make George look fantastic. He won't last down the straight Groves and wouldn't be surprised if you see a late Eubank stoppage. All that said Snr might well pull out Jnr if he starts taking to many shots save the Eubank warrior code and all that.

A Slice of Life
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2018, 07:56:08 PM »

Eubank Jr has average 'middleweight' power.

Groves has very good 'super middleweight' power.

I know when Carl sparred him he didn't really put the foot down for two reasons, 1) his old man was there and Carl was respectful of bashing up his kid and 2) He felt bigger and would be taking a liberty.

Besides, Carl enjoyed the skills and workrate - it was a big plus for his Wembley prep and he would not blow it or take the piss by bashing Jr up.

It was a bit weird seeing Jr posting up videos of himself sparring Froch, knowing what I knew then from the horse's mouth as he drove to Sheffield.

Froch makes no apologies for rating Eubank Jr and likes him. But i don't know if he will beat Groves.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 07:58:43 PM by Red » Logged
LiveFight
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2018, 07:56:08 PM »

Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2018, 12:33:58 PM »

Eubank will win by stoppage or points... due to Groves inability to defend against Eubanks numerous uppercuts... expect to see groves head being jolted back throughout the fight.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
legs

« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2018, 01:22:07 PM »

Iím edging towards Eubank Jnr in this one purely on a gut feel I think it will go deep this fight and his fitness will tell but obviously Groves will come in better comdition than his last fight he has to.

Overall Iím hoping itís a belter I donít really care who wins and I want Callum Smith to win this it will be interesting to see how he fights next week he should win but you never know how he will perform being away from home.

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2018, 01:31:37 PM »

Eubank will win by stoppage or points... due to Groves inability to defend against Eubanks numerous uppercuts... expect to see groves head being jolted back throughout the fight.

If Groves boxes anywhere near his best, Eubank will have a tough time getting in range to land with an uppercut.  And if he does get close, it's a shot he's been used to landing without having much come back at him and he'll risk leaving himself open to being caught to the body if he doesn't throw it sparingly.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2018, 04:01:07 PM »

Mayweather gym pick their winner:

Badou Jack, J'Leon Love etc

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2018, 04:27:14 PM »

Weights:

Groves - 167.1 lbs
Eubank Jr - 167.6 lbs
GOD
Executive Member

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2018, 05:17:06 PM »

I'm really surprised people are picking Eubank to win...he looks great against fighters with no lateral movement but will always get shown up against any boxer with skills...he only has a chance if Groves gets dragged into a dog fight and I can't see that...Groves has never been beaten up, he's only been sparked that one time by Froch but all his losses were competitive fights...Eubank has gotten fitter and stronger since the loss to BJS but hasn't improved in terms of boxing skills...Groves will expose all those weaknesses once again on route to relatively comfortable points win
bigbibbs

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2018, 09:50:13 AM »

Regardless of the outcome how are you watching the fight.
I don't have an action sky subscription so I purchased the TV player option.
Let me warn anyone thinking the same that do not purchase through them as they are totally shit.
They trick you into purchasing a subscription to their shit service and then don't send any proof of your order.
When I challenged them they cancelled it on me. There is no phone number to contact them just email.
legs

« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2018, 11:48:37 AM »

Other than ITV box office does anyone know what overseas channels are showing this fight ?
smoky

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2018, 05:41:58 PM »

Please send a link in pm.  Tough fight to call. 
Scarface
Executive Member

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2018, 07:10:50 PM »

Please send a link in pm.  Tough fight to call. 

same here please... much appreciated... cant miss this one.

You need people like me ... You need people like me so you can point your fokking finger and say hey, dats the bad guy.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: