LiveFight
August 16, 2017, 11:50:21 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broner-Mikey Garcia this weekend.  (Read 986 times)
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 08:51:55 AM »

I don't think Broner was ever that good. I know he's a multi weight world champion but even watching him from the beginning I knew that as soon as he fought a proper world class fighter he'd get beat. I actually thought Malignaggi would be the one to do it, and if he had any pop in his punches he would have.

A lot of people have said Broner didn't give it his all I disagree. I don't think he has what he needs to win these fights, not any more. He hasn't dedicated himself to the sport and because of that the names in and around him have moved up levels and left Broner behind.

LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 08:51:55 AM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 09:28:18 AM »

I don't think Broner was ever that good. I know he's a multi weight world champion but even watching him from the beginning I knew that as soon as he fought a proper world class fighter he'd get beat. I actually thought Malignaggi would be the one to do it, and if he had any pop in his punches he would have.

A lot of people have said Broner didn't give it his all I disagree. I don't think he has what he needs to win these fights, not any more. He hasn't dedicated himself to the sport and because of that the names in and around him have moved up levels and left Broner behind.

He could have gone at Garcia, ripped shots to the body and really tried to make his strength a factor. But he wasn't prepared to take the risks needed to do that, he wasn't prepared to get hit in pursuit of victory. Physically he showed in patches that he had attributes that could have been effective, but he chose not to go for it....he accepted defeat and just picked the pay cheque up.

He didn't give his all, but it may not have made a difference when all is said and done.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 10:14:04 AM »

He could have gone at Garcia, ripped shots to the body and really tried to make his strength a factor. But he wasn't prepared to take the risks needed to do that, he wasn't prepared to get hit in pursuit of victory. Physically he showed in patches that he had attributes that could have been effective, but he chose not to go for it....he accepted defeat and just picked the pay cheque up.

He didn't give his all, but it may not have made a difference when all is said and done.

The fight went exactly how most people predicted. That says it all, why then afterwards would we have expected anything different?

He doesn't have the heart or the brain to do the things you mention. He never has. If it's not in him he can't produce it. That's part of what I mean by saying he's not good enough.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 10:23:16 AM »

Broner is our stereotypical black bellend.

I fell asleep so missed the fight but didn't expect the whopper to win

That's not racist btw it's fact . Gangerstering round blinged up to death yet he's a prize C**t whom offers F*ck all the human race bar giving me pleasure seeing him getting his faced smashed in.

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »

The fight went exactly how most people predicted. That says it all, why then afterwards would we have expected anything different?

He doesn't have the heart or the brain to do the things you mention. He never has. If it's not in him he can't produce it. That's part of what I mean by saying he's not good enough.

He showed some heart and resolve against Maidana, he came back at Maidana to a degree in that fight after a terrible start. But he accepted defeat against Garcia without any fuss. Had he given it a real go to try and turn things around and failed then fair enough....but truth be told he never even tried to mount any kind of rally. He just saw it out, went through the motions and picked up the cash. He's probably not even particularly lumped up physically today, he showed a real lack of resolve.
LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 01:29:43 PM »

lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 01:34:46 PM »

Broner is our stereotypical black bellend.

I fell asleep so missed the fight but didn't expect the whopper to win

That's not racist btw it's fact . Gangerstering round blinged up to death yet he's a prize C**t whom offers F*ck all the human race bar giving me pleasure seeing him getting his faced smashed in.

I know what you mean.....he's just a ghetto hoodrat, about billions, bling and material bullsh*t but he's all all flash and no substance. Mayweather is a prize c*nt but he at least can fight and will get down and dirty when he's had too. Broner got by on physical attributes/ability but lacks dedication and desire and that's why he doesn't win at the real highest level.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2017, 09:00:58 PM »

But we're all talking about him , still  Grin

Garcia is underrated. Great operator.
mooreman
Executive Member

The Sandman

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2017, 10:01:58 PM »

But we're all talking about him , still  Grin

Garcia is underrated. Great operator.

He's very good.
wbamitch

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 04:09:54 PM »

Another disappointing effort from Broner, you always felt Garcia had the skill advantage and consistency coming into this, a big knockout last time as well you did fear another beating for Broner. There was a time Broner looked promising but once again he seemed to do the bare minimum and once he realised very early that wasn't too be enough this time against a he just never elevated his level. I didn't think he would win but I felt this one put some hunger into him. Garcia did what he had to do and set himself up for some potentially big fights, interesting to see how far he can go.

Like the Linares/Crawford and Lomachenko fights.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: