LiveFight
August 21, 2017, 12:04:10 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brook wants Cotto fight  (Read 896 times)
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« on: July 27, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »

It's a great fight but I can't see Cotto fancying the fight at the stage of his career he's at. Brook has shown he's a very dangerous fighter even in recent defeats, and at 154 he'll figure to quite possibly be an improved fighter. This won't be lost on Cotto....but if Brook can get a high ranking with the WBO(whose belt Cotto is fighting for next up) and Hearn comes up with a lucrative offer....who knows!

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10963009/kell-brook-would-like-to-face-miguel-cotto-once-he-makes-his-return-to-the-ring
LiveFight
« on: July 27, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:14:27 AM »

A very winnable fight for Brook at this stage and a great reason for Hearn to stage another PPV if he can get Cotto over here.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 04:22:50 PM »

If this happens in the UK I'll do everything I can to be there for it. Probably the only chance I'll get to see a modern boing hero of mine in the flesh (talking about Cotto here, just to be clear!)
Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 11:24:42 AM »

I hav'nt been to a fight now for a few years......but if this fight can happen or if any fight can happen where Cotto comes to the uk i will 100% go to it. Subject to being able to buy a ticket coz i'm sure loads will feel the same way.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »

Nice cash out fight for Miguel.

Dont bet against it happening.

He's been done for a while and this will pay big bucks.

Glad i seen him several times in his hayday but i'd still go and see him now
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »

cloughie
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 02:40:03 PM »

ah.....Cotto. what an advert for the sport this fighter has been.

privileged to have been at MSG for Cotto-Paulie at 140

they should have made Hatton-Cotto @ 140 after that - what a fight that would have been

saw Cotto-Jennings @ MSG

with living in U.S for those years i saw all his fights on HBO. the Torres fight as nuts.

he was my fighter. i loved his stalking style, center of the ring, banging away, what KO power this guy had.

Faulkner and me enjoyed an interesting night at MSG for the Jennings fight. the way he dismantled Jennings was almost polite. that liver body shot and to see Jennings legs wobble about 2 seconds later - brave lad was Jennings.

that being said, being at the MGM in Nov 2009 to see the Roid-Head destroy him broke my heart.

you could see the hurt in him, given all the Ricans in attendance - you know he was utterly ashamed to have lost, but in reality he had nothing to be ashamed of at all.

whatever happens from this point on, if its a pay day then this guy has deserved it more than many others.

rgds/Cloughie 

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 05:32:24 PM »

I remember the Sky special on him (about 2 minutes long) prior to a Hatton fight, saying they'd probably meet down the line.

Watched all his fights, loved his early welter run against Quintana, Judah, Mosely - all dangerous for him but he won.
Boeing787

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2017, 06:43:44 PM »

ah.....Cotto. what an advert for the sport this fighter has been.

privileged to have been at MSG for Cotto-Paulie at 140

they should have made Hatton-Cotto @ 140 after that - what a fight that would have been

saw Cotto-Jennings @ MSG

with living in U.S for those years i saw all his fights on HBO. the Torres fight as nuts.

he was my fighter. i loved his stalking style, center of the ring, banging away, what KO power this guy had.

Faulkner and me enjoyed an interesting night at MSG for the Jennings fight. the way he dismantled Jennings was almost polite. that liver body shot and to see Jennings legs wobble about 2 seconds later - brave lad was Jennings.

that being said, being at the MGM in Nov 2009 to see the Roid-Head destroy him broke my heart.

you could see the hurt in him, given all the Ricans in attendance - you know he was utterly ashamed to have lost, but in reality he had nothing to be ashamed of at all.

whatever happens from this point on, if its a pay day then this guy has deserved it more than many others.

rgds/Cloughie 

"Roid head" ..... someone's bitter

Got beat up by the better fighter
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2017, 06:57:03 PM »

"Roid head" ..... someone's bitter

Got beat up by the better fighter

Disagree here I'm afraid I'm firmly in the PAC was juicing camp
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 07:13:34 PM »

That Pacquiao beating was horrible to watch but the Margarito one was just as bad if not worse. Glad he got his revenge for that one even if Margarito was compromised with the eye.

Think the Torres fight was the first Cotto fight I ever saw, unbelievable fight. I remember staying up for Cotto-Paulie, wasn't Hopkins-Tarver on the same night?

Hard to give him too much credit for the wins against the likes of Sergio Martinez and Daniel Geale with the stages they were at in their careers. Cotto up to his last fight still looks very capable though at world level and I think a Brook fight could be pretty special to watch if it happens.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2017, 12:10:21 PM »

I am not so sure Cotto wouldn't still have enough to beat Brook. I don't rate Brook that highly and his last fight showed he's struggling. This could actually be a Brook cash out fight rather than anything else.

A Slice of Life
ScottMillwall
V.I.P
Executive Member

El Chocolatito

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 12:02:51 PM »

Cotto gets paid fantastically well fighting the likes of Kamegai. Why would he bother fighting someone like Brook? Makes no sense.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 12:09:30 PM »

Cotto gets paid fantastically well fighting the likes of Kamegai. Why would he bother fighting someone like Brook? Makes no sense.

Has his deal ran out? Is Jay Z still promoting?
ScottMillwall
V.I.P
Executive Member

El Chocolatito

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 05:57:49 PM »

Has his deal ran out? Is Jay Z still promoting?

Oh, if that's the case then my point is a load of bollocks! Not for the first time, ha.
TC

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2017, 08:53:50 AM »

For some reason I've never warmed to Cotto. I can't explain it cos he's a decent guy, exciting to watch, didn't really duck anyone and was in some great fights. Just never liked him really.

Great little pension fight for them both if this comes off. Just don't do it at Bramall Lane FFS.

"Me: We"
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: