LiveFight
December 13, 2017, 03:16:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jorge Linares v Luke Campbell  (Read 898 times)
Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« on: July 27, 2017, 06:47:24 PM »

Confirmed for 23rd September in LA.

LiveFight
« on: July 27, 2017, 06:47:24 PM »

Alba
Executive Member

"For what is a man,What has he got ?"

@Albagary
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 09:04:31 PM »

Hearn is cashing out
Bermondsey Boy

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 07:50:21 AM »

Hearn must love paying Linares.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »

Hearn is cashing out

Exactly what I thought.  Linares is based over here now and had 3 of his last four fights in the UK against Matchroom fighters yet Hearn let doesn't put his hand in hos pocket for this one.
tweetstreet
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »

Linares wins by KO. I've never really taken to Campbell he's obviously a talent but lacks the toughness in the pros, despite a decent looking KO record he hasn't the power to deter the upper levels of the division nor the strength himself to handle their power.
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2017, 05:35:13 PM »

Linares wins by KO. I've never really taken to Campbell he's obviously a talent but lacks the toughness in the pros, despite a decent looking KO record he hasn't the power to deter the upper levels of the division nor the strength himself to handle their power.

Lacks the gears & tenacity - and is no spring chicken either now.
wbamitch

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 04:16:21 PM »

Pleased Campbell has had a good comeback from his disappointing early defeat but I do think talk of his 'power' going into this fight is overestimated, Linares has proved to be a bit susceptible in the past but I really can't see Campbell having enough here. As I said decent little run to elevate Campbell to this shot but I think Linares has too much here and stops him in the middle rounds.

I don't like to go against one of our own especially after appreciating Campbell in the olympics but I want to see a Linares/Garcia fight.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 04:23:14 PM »

I call the upset here......

Linares is an excellent boxer and carries power too, but he's fragile.

Campbell has the boxing ability and speed to quite possibly expose that fragility in a way that the slower and more mechanical Crolla couldn't. I do think that Linares has been flattered somewhat by the Crolla fights, particularly the 2nd one. But I remember how much trouble Mitchell gave Jorge not too long ago.

I think its quite possible that Campbell can use his speed and range to outbox Linares and if Jorge starts reaching for him then he could find himself running onto a counter and getting dropped. I fancy Campbell's chances in this match up, I think stylistically it suits him.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 05:07:53 PM »

I'd say a fit, focussed Mitchell was twice the professional fighter that Campbell is.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 05:31:13 PM »

I'd say a fit, focussed Mitchell was twice the professional fighter that Campbell is.

Mitchell hadn't the range of Campbell and often didn't fight as shrewdly as he should have done....but he of course was doing well against Linares before Jorge started to get to him. Campbell will certainly fight to his strengths, he will use his range and seek to beat Linares technically. But this isn't about Campbell/Mitchell for me, more a case of styles make fights when looking at how a Linares/Campbell fight might play out. And as good as Linares is....he's been stopped before, been on the floor, he's prone to cuts and I think the range, speed and movement of Campbell will pose him some serious issues.

I just think the style mesh in this fight works well for Campbell, I think its a good fight for him.
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2017, 05:38:58 PM »

I take the point about Linares' fragility, the 3 stoppage losses are impossible to ignore. Other than that, I think the guy's skillset is phenomenal, and I think he is more seasoned now at this point in his career and therefore much more able to deal with adversity. Too much experience and class for Campbell as far as I'm concerned. Should be a very enjoyable, technical fight to watch though. Linares a strong favourite for me.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2017, 06:05:32 PM »

Mitchell hadn't the range of Campbell and often didn't fight as shrewdly as he should have done....but he of course was doing well against Linares before Jorge started to get to him. Campbell will certainly fight to his strengths, he will use his range and seek to beat Linares technically. But this isn't about Campbell/Mitchell for me, more a case of styles make fights when looking at how a Linares/Campbell fight might play out. And as good as Linares is....he's been stopped before, been on the floor, he's prone to cuts and I think the range, speed and movement of Campbell will pose him some serious issues.

I just think the style mesh in this fight works well for Campbell, I think its a good fight for him.

I think the problem that Campbell will have is that Linares is an excellent offensive fighter who most likely has the speed advantage as well. Campbell largely fell apart when Mendy put it on him and I don't think he's faced a tough enough test then to make me think that he can cope with not being able to control the pace of the fight against Linares.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2017, 09:40:14 PM »

I think the problem that Campbell will have is that Linares is an excellent offensive fighter who most likely has the speed advantage as well. Campbell largely fell apart when Mendy put it on him and I don't think he's faced a tough enough test then to make me think that he can cope with not being able to control the pace of the fight against Linares.

I think the speed is fairly close, but I'd probably give Campbell an edge there.

I understand what you say about the Mendy fight, but in fairness I think Campbell was ill for that fight and Linares isn't a rugged type who'll be looking to get stuck into Campbell. Jorge will more be looking for a tactical boxing match and hoping to slot some big shots through if the opportunity presents itself. And this is where I think it'll suit Campbell who we know can box, and he'll have a size and range advantage.

I like Linares, but he's always been vulnerable and there are plenty of miles on his clock. Campbell could be getting him at the right time.
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: