LiveFight
August 16, 2017, 11:50:37 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: yes he can!  (Read 482 times)
glenn_user
Executive Member

« on: August 09, 2017, 12:23:08 PM »

david price returns against raphael zumbano love on sept 16th

should be entertaining while it lasts
LiveFight
« on: August 09, 2017, 12:23:08 PM »

The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 12:46:25 PM »

Got to admire the guys persistence but hard to see where he can go realistically.  He turned pro something like 8 years ago and at present I think most people would probably rank him behind Dave Allen.  I doubt there's a trainer alive that could rectify his faults at this stage of his career.
glenn_user
Executive Member

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 12:55:25 PM »

seems a bit harsh to critise him for not wanting or trying to change anything, given that he did go over to germany for a while. but he is now back in his comfort zone in liverpool and is as useless as ever. he just doesnt seem serious at all and is going to continue boxing without changing anything or moving too far away from home. this guy love probably stops him.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 01:50:09 PM »

Have people forgotten about his last outing?

Unless the lazy fat chump can be arsed putting in some cardio then he may as well not bother.

It basics that and there is no future for price in this sport.
legs

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 02:33:49 PM »

He has been terrible for a while now he is a 2 round fighter if he doesn't knock you out he has had it pretty much gassed out after 5 minutes.

Was his last fight the one where he took a breather on the ropes incredible stuff really.

Its a shame as he seemed a good guy but he is glass chinned and has zero stamina
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2017, 02:33:49 PM »

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 12:14:24 AM »

Price is useless.

Clearly he's got no way of making a living has he?

I'm assuming he's on like 6k for this or something.
Jake Barnes

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 07:59:35 AM »

Price is useless.

Clearly he's got no way of making a living has he?

I'm assuming he's on like 6k for this or something.

I mean, that is 1 harsh way of defining it.

Do we have any sports scientists who watched his last fight that can offer any useful diagnosis of what happened? He trained HARD for a 12 round fight yet on the night of the fight was gassed after 1 round.

That isn't being 'useless'.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 08:05:58 AM »

I'm no expert but I get the impression with Price that most of it is mental.  He's probably ok in the gym but under the bright lights he just burns through nervous energy like it's going out of fashion and then has nothing left physically after a few rounds if he hasn't got the guy out of there.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2017, 08:16:34 AM »

Do we have any sports scientists who watched his last fight that can offer any useful diagnosis of what happened? He trained HARD for a 12 round fight yet on the night of the fight was gassed after 1 round.

He's never shone on a big scale as a pro.. Infact he's been poor as soon as he fought anyone who can hit back.. I'd say that's pretty useless for anyone with aspirations of making it on a decent level in boxing..

I am not a sports scientist but i cant remember anyone offering any excuses for price last time out? From his camp? No injury? Wasn't caught by a wild punch.. Was just plain awful from David

Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2017, 08:25:06 AM »

If we are defining Price right now, rather than looking at his career as whole - that's the cap that fits.

It's a pity because his personality, the size of him etc - he looks the part and has had amateur success.

But pretending his past didn't exist, watching his last couple of fights he looks mentally damaged.

Maloney was more interested in becoming a woman, than Price becoming world champion. He needed a card to sell and brought Thompson in whom was a couple of steps up the ladder and Price was burst.

He might be patched-up today, but those back to back losses were horrible. He looked gassed, hurt and was even turning his back. He looked terrified in there.

It wasn't a cock up in game plan like Haye vs Thompson, it was a career ender.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 10:27:27 AM »

Price has a chin problem...he doesn't hold a shot well, but with heavyweight boxing they're pretty much all vulnerable to one degree or another given the power of the big men, and at least Price is a genuine puncher himself.

But more of an issue is the way he now mentally falls apart....its like he fights waiting for the axe to drop, fights with an inherent dread in him, fights scared and that causes his stamina to drain burning up nervous energy.

To be fair Wlad overcame that affliction to go on to have great success when it seemed like his career was all but down the tubes. But examples like Wlad are few and far between. If Price is serious about trying to revive his career, he could do worse than give Wlad a shout and ask him for some help.

I don't expect Price to mount a successful comeback, but good luck to him.
HurricaneHig
V.I.P
Executive Member

Any two will do?

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 02:34:26 PM »

Anyone else remember Bellew saying this, because i do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTOrEmHjz0Y

Adversity and the 'big occasion' doesn't change a fighter - it only reveals them.
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 07:08:34 AM »

Really nice bloke, David Price, which is why he should pack up the boxing altogether.  For whatever reason, he gasses in there in double quick time and looks like a dead sunflower.  He has a great punch but absolutely nothing else.  I'm actually surprised he still has a boxing licence, given his performances against any half decent opposition.  A car crash waiting to happen and you have to question his mentality in wanting this comeback.
jaff_no1
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 11:09:32 AM »

Really nice bloke, David Price, which is why he should pack up the boxing altogether.  For whatever reason, he gasses in there in double quick time and looks like a dead sunflower.  He has a great punch but absolutely nothing else.  I'm actually surprised he still has a boxing licence, given his performances against any half decent opposition.  A car crash waiting to happen and you have to question his mentality in wanting this comeback.
The situation reminds me of enzo Mac. Once he got sparked by haye he seemed to just get pummeled time and time again. Same thing is happening with price post thompson. He will look great to a certain level then get stopped again
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 04:08:30 PM »

Anyone else remember Bellew saying this, because i do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTOrEmHjz0Y

That's brilliant  Grin
LiveFight

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: