LiveFight
December 18, 2017, 12:50:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Vasyl Lomachenko Vs Guillermo Rigondeaux  (Read 2073 times)
HurricaneHig
V.I.P
Executive Member

Any two will do?

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 02:06:29 PM »

This is an unbelievable contest, I am favoring Lomenchenchko on activity alone, the man moves like Neo from the matrix, he's like trying to pin down a fly. A srious masterclass is about to be unveiled.

Adversity and the 'big occasion' doesn't change a fighter - it only reveals them.
LiveFight
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 02:06:29 PM »

DANIELK104

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 06:45:06 PM »

4 days away from this and not a single post on it in 2 months  Undecided

To be fair the build up from Top Rank has been quite poor, Rigoís been Saying a lot on his social media and Loma has put up a few insane videos on his but other than that itís been rather quiet.

Howís everyone see this one playing out? Going by form I would have to side with Lomachenko beating him by a wide UD but remember everyone thought Donaire was going to beat Rigo and he absolutely pasted him, total 50/50 boxing chess match in my eyes and got no doubt these 2 are going to put on a boxing show for sure.

"Celtic jerseys are not for second best, they don't shrink to fit inferior players" - Jock Stein - Greatest Celtic Manager Ever!!
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 08:16:19 PM »

4 days away from this and not a single post on it in 2 months  Undecided

To be fair the build up from Top Rank has been quite poor, Rigoís been Saying a lot on his social media and Loma has put up a few insane videos on his but other than that itís been rather quiet.

Howís everyone see this one playing out? Going by form I would have to side with Lomachenko beating him by a wide UD but remember everyone thought Donaire was going to beat Rigo and he absolutely pasted him, total 50/50 boxing chess match in my eyes and got no doubt these 2 are going to put on a boxing show for sure.

I think jumping up 2 weights is a bridge too far for Rigo. The weight below wouldíve been very interesting.

Can I order this as 1 off or do I have subscribed to BN?
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 09:22:26 PM »

I think its going to be a cracker and do favour Lomachenko to get the win however Rigo will make it a fight. Build has been poor even UK promotion wise.

The Lomachenko coin video was pretty impressive if real :-)

A Slice of Life
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 09:34:23 PM »

Its a purists dream, but both of these can punch too. I think the explosiveness of this fight might be a surprise factor. They are both insanely skillful and fast. Its too knife edge a fight in terms of ability to give the other guy any kind of opportunity, so I expect to see them both looking to do some damage and make power a factor.

LiveFight
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 09:34:23 PM »

AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 09:13:34 AM »

I think Rigo would need a knockout to win, I canít see him getting it on the cards. I know Loma isnít a huge money maker but arum clearly wants to make him one.

Itís an incredible fight and probably more so than any other in my time is one that you are are genuinely unlikely to ever see again in terms of talent.

The most depressing thing is tickers are easy to get and as Boxing goes filthy cheap.

Team Groves
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 09:48:06 AM »

At 37 and with three rounds of competitive boxing in the last two years, on top of the weight class, I'd be astonished if Rigo got close to watching this.  I just can't see him being battle ready for a guy like Loma who has been fighting high quality and decent level operators since he turned over compared to the likes of Jazza Dickens.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 09:40:07 PM »

I think Rigo would need a knockout to win, I canít see him getting it on the cards. I know Loma isnít a huge money maker but arum clearly wants to make him one.

Itís an incredible fight and probably more so than any other in my time is one that you are are genuinely unlikely to ever see again in terms of talent.

The most depressing thing is tickers are easy to get and as Boxing goes filthy cheap.

Itís sold out
AO88
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 09:22:10 AM »

Itís sold out

That so? I thought a few American guys I read on twitter said you could get tickets pretty easy? I havenít actually checked mind you.

Is it right this is in the MSG theatre, not the big house?

Team Groves
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2017, 01:21:34 PM »

That so? I thought a few American guys I read on twitter said you could get tickets pretty easy? I havenít actually checked mind you.

Is it right this is in the MSG theatre, not the big house?

Theatre, hockeyís on in main bit. I did wamu for lopez. Small and intimate good view from everywhere.

Ill let u know what view is like this time Round 😎
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2017, 09:02:30 AM »

The odds are stacked against the Cuban, aren't they?

For that reason alone, I will be pulling for him. Insane power when he needs it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 11:33:31 PM by ChicagoFightFan » Logged
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2017, 05:31:26 PM »

Don't know why but I'm favouring a Rigo KO. Depends if his power does carry up to Loma's weight class but Rigo is a real sniper with that left hand. The way he dealt with Donaire having jot fought anyone close to that level at that point in his career was just sensational. Lomachenko is probably a different level even from Donaire, I get that, but I do have a feeling Rigo can nail him. As good as Lomachenko's movement and reflexes are he's not unhittable, and Rigo is a totally different proposition from the likes of Sosa, Martinez and even Walters .

It is a phenomenal fight and we are privileged that these guys are putting their skills up against each other for our entertainment. Out of the two of them I think Rigo is the one who's under the radar somewhat despite the fact he has the same ridiculous level of talent as Lomachenko. I do have a hunch and have done all week that Rigo is going to do something shocking in this fight and cause a sensation by leading Lomachenko on to something.

It seems like an insane thing to side against the guy who has lost twice in over 400 amateur and pro fights I get that. I really cannot wait for the fight now but as it stands, the gut feeling for me is a Rigo sensational stoppage win.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2017, 09:05:50 AM »

I don't think the layoff will matter with Rigo. Now the weigh in is past the size difference at weigh in isn't as big as I first thought. I think Rigo has a real chance here he looks focused looks like he's put the work in. Its a huge ask but he might well pull off the shock.

I think and hope this might turn into an all out war.

A Slice of Life
wbamitch

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2017, 01:22:46 PM »

Great fight, still has that level of excitement for me. Of course we're looking forward to the skillsets being pitted against each other but I think quite a lot are expecting this to break out into an exciting fight. Perhaps a cagey start, I hope for and I'm going to predict that Rigondeuax does have some early success with that sniper left hand of his which is definately hurtful and I feel he can defintely ping the attack minded Lomachenko a fair few times. Intrigued to see Lomachenko's reaction to this if he can go through a period of frustration and pain and then still look to come on, imposing his size and the high volume of output that I will think will ultimately tell the difference in this fight. You do really have to consider Lomachenko's momentum and breaking down successive opponents compared to that of Rigo.

Lomachenko's youth and activity compared to Rigondeaux who has barely had rounds really is a stand out point in this one, Rigo may be better but Lomachenko is still exceptional and you really would have liked Rigondeaux to had some form coming in to this one. Rigo's last deep fight was on the undercard of Cotto/Canelo a couple of years ago which was one of his poorer showings. He looked sharp and menacing against Dickens and Flores in very brief fights, there's a lot of factors that are pointing towards Loma in this fight who you feel is certainly more likely to forge a better career and have more meaningful fights from this point.

I really like and have marvelled at both guys, both are greats. As much as I will continue to watch Lomachenko fights with great anticipation i'm going to be rooting for Rigo to pull a special performance out the bag. I really hope he's at least sharp and makes it competitive for the first half of the fight, really pushing Lomachenko but it would be special if he gets a victory here and in the eye catching manner a few are punting on and feels he needs to get the victory.

I think Loma will take it on a clear points decision or late stoppage, multiple shots rather than the single shots will win the day in this one I feel. As I've said I do hope the underappreciated Rigondeaux can pull this one off, really gettting a stand out victory to shut a few people up.

Can't wait.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:25:54 PM by wbamitch » Logged
ChicagoFightFan

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2017, 04:42:28 AM »

*** Spoiler ***

Bit of a let down. Rigo looked for a way out after six rounds and complained of a hand injury.

Lomachenko definitely has the skills, but the size and physicality played a big factor in this fight. The two weight classes separating them was definitely apparent. Have to give credit to Lomachenko in that he at least pointed out that this wasn't his weight class and tried to keep things in perspective in the post-fight interview.

He looks great, but I think that a strong physical fighter will eventually figure him out. That Solido fight isn't out on an island for me. If he went up against someone like Crawford, I think all of his skill and talent could be nullified with one well placed shot.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:47:27 AM by ChicagoFightFan » Logged
LiveFight

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: