LiveFight
September 26, 2017, 12:39:30 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kell Brook "GGG is only human" leans towards Canelo win  (Read 524 times)
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« on: September 13, 2017, 09:35:00 AM »

The former world welterweight champion lost to 'Triple G' a year ago but expects his unbeaten record to go when he faces the Mexican at the T-Mobile Arena, this weekend.

Brook was stopped after five rounds and is adamant he showed a blueprint to beat him, but after Golovkin (37-0-KO33) went the distance with Daniel Jacobs last time out, the 'Special One' also feels he is past his best.

"You're only good as your last fight and I just think his days are numbered," Brook exclusively told Sky Sports.

"We've seen the best of him and I think people actually know - and this is a big factor - he is just human.

"Everyone thought he could walk through everyone and most of the fighters he fought were beaten before they were hit.

"Now they know he is human. He can be hit and he can be out-boxed, he can be beaten and top fighters are going to go in with that mentality. As long as they have trained properly and believe in themselves, they will beat this guy at middleweight."

Brook is finally back in training after recovering from the damage to his left eye socket sustained in his world title defeat to Errol Spence Jr, at Bramall Lane, in May.

The Sheffield star suffered a similar injury to the other eye in his explosive five-round war with Golovkin last September and while he admits the unbeaten middleweight king's power could cause problems, is siding with 'Canelo' (49-1-1-KO34).

"It's hard to say, but I am leaning towards Canelo," he said.

"He has excelled over the years; his variation, his speed and his youth... everything is going to play big factor on Saturday night.

"I still think I showed a blueprint on how to beat Golovkin and it was touch-and-go if he won the fight with Jacobs.

"I just feel Canelo can win this fight if he sticks to a gameplan and boxes the right fight - it's just how Canelo copes with how Golovkin cuts the ring down as well as his big punching power.

"He is there to get hit Golokvin, you can hit him and he (Canelo) carries more power is bigger than I probbaly was when I moved up at the time.

"He's got the power, he's got the movement, he's got the boxing brain, he's Mexican, he uses the ring very well, so if he doesn't get caught early and tries to exchange, he will stick to whatever gameplan they chose.

"The gameplan is definitely going to box this guy and distance I would say exchange at times but get on your bike a lot of the time until the second half of the fight. That's what I would tell Canelo."
LiveFight
« on: September 13, 2017, 09:35:00 AM »

Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 02:32:43 PM »

I've seen an interview of Kell saying he thought GGG was going to win.

It's one of them fights you can't help but change your mind about whats going to happen, such are the attributes of both fighters.

Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 02:35:37 PM »

I've seen an interview of Kell saying he thought GGG was going to win.

It's one of them fights you can't help but change your mind about whats going to happen, such are the attributes of both fighters.

I am on the opposite side of the fence to you on this..

I see GGG getting found out and by quite a margin...

I just dont think hes that good, or has ever been that good ..

Not to say I am right of course just I see a Victory for Canello via KO mid rounds
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 03:40:12 PM »

Not to say I am right of course just I see a Victory for Canello via KO mid rounds

Bute part II
Gaz
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 04:21:50 PM »

I've had a punt on Canelo winning via stoppage in the second half of the fight. Longest method of victory odds on offer but I have a feeling he might do it. He's brilliant to the body and on the counter. He'll need to live up to both of those attributes to break GGG down, as I do think GGG is exceptional. If Canelo has enough firepower to force GGG on the back foot then I can see a shock KO happening for sure. Having said that I wouldn't be that shocked if GGG just walked through him like he has everyone else.

Great fight and cannot wait for it. Not long now!
LiveFight
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 04:21:50 PM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 05:00:08 PM »

I'm going with Golovkin even though he's looked a bit off in his last couple of fights.
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 09:11:13 PM »

GGG will defeat Canelo, he aint a washed-up punchbag like Chavez.

I thought an old Cotto had a case against Canelo too.

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 10:13:15 PM »

I think GGG will surprise sonecwith his boxing ability and ring craft.
Can see both having success and hurting the other, however the size and power will show in the end.
Golovkin Rd 9.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 07:28:52 AM »

I think GGG will surprise sonecwith his boxing ability and ring craft.
Can see both having success and hurting the other, however the size and power will show in the end.
Golovkin Rd 9.

? Isn't it Canelo who has the size and power?
Tuco
Executive Member

'When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.' Tuco

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2017, 08:39:38 AM »

It's a difficult one. It's hard to gage where GGG is at. Is he on the decline? Has he gotten into bad habits relying on his power rather than skill to get fighters out of there. If thats the case then you would think a quicker more skilled apponent like Canelo might do a number on him. I think GGG has much more in the locker and has been waiting for a fighter like Canelo to bring it out of him. I wouldn't bet my house on that. Once fighters shows signs of decline they tend to keep going downhill.

I haven't a clue who will win this. It's all ifs and buts right now. I don't see Canelo hitting harder than Jacobs, if not then at some point we'll see GGG cutting the ring off and walking Canelo down. It's only a matter of time after that.

The latter is my biased opinion of course cause i'm a GGG fan boy.  Tongue I'm going with that. I wouldn't be suprised though if canelo causes a huge shock and ko's GGG and catches him cold. Look what happened to Chocolatito.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:33:09 PM by Tuco » Logged

Kevan2
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Doctor will see you now

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2017, 02:12:45 PM »

Great fight, soooooooooo looking forward to it. This week im going with GGG. Ask me again next week.

Dear Santa, this year i have been a very good boy, well, nearly all year, well to be honest, you can hardly call it good, oh phuck it, never mind, i\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ll buy my own shit!!
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2017, 02:15:07 PM »

Great fight, soooooooooo looking forward to it. This week im going with GGG. Ask me again next week.

That'd be cheating...we'll know who the winner is by then  Grin
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2017, 04:38:48 PM »

Regardless of what Brook says I really can't see past Canelo handing out a boxing lesson and an eventually stopping GGG. He's to big to young to fresh and hits to hard not to win this one. I really don't see how GGG wins.

A Slice of Life
unknown
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2017, 07:24:15 PM »

do you think historically this fight gets into the top 20 most anticipated fights of all time?

for me this is a pretty interesting match up and I think GGG advantage is very slight, canelo is a much better fighter each time he comes out and looked sharp has hell last time out.

amazing match up, I am completely on the fence, out of the two GGG is more exciting.

unknown
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2017, 08:22:22 PM »

https://youtu.be/Cqs0QjWzSUc
LiveFight

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: