LiveFight
February 23, 2018, 02:44:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye -v- Bellew II  (Read 5578 times)
Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2017, 06:43:29 AM »

A torn bicep is unfortunate and can happen however part of me thinks this was some sort off marketing plan I have never known a main event to be so close to Christmas and on a Sunday night. It leads me to believe its been done to hype the fight massively, no idea why. The Sunday night main event always left me wondering about this fight.

I seriously don't think it needed any hype.  As pathetic as it has become with Haye, he can still sell tickets and sell a fight.  Maybe only because there are so many morons out there, but the fact remains he is still marketable.  God knows how.  I was one who thought tickets for this would never sell but they flew off the shelf!  And for a Sunday just before Christmas.  I think the last thing this fight needed was another Haye injury in training.  But you can bet that if they re-schedule it for next year, it'll sell like hot cakes!   Roll Eyes
LiveFight
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2017, 06:43:29 AM »

Vlad The Impaler
V.I.P

« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2017, 09:44:23 PM »

A torn bicep is unfortunate and can happen however part of me thinks this was some sort off marketing plan I have never known a main event to be so close to Christmas and on a Sunday night. It leads me to believe its been done to hype the fight massively, no idea why. The Sunday night main event always left me wondering about this fight.

The fight was only on a Sunday night because they couldn't get the O2 on a Saturday night and Sky obviously wanted to get another PPV in before end of year.

I really don't understand why Sky keep investing time and money in fights involving Haye; he's now pulled out of fights with Charr, Fury (twice) and Bellew. And Haye was the reason why Sky binned PPV fights for best part of 2 years after people got pissed off with the Harrison and Klitshcko debacles.

I wonder what the demand will be like if it does get re-arranged, be surprised if it's anywhere near the December date.
LiveFight

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: