LiveFight
November 22, 2017, 07:30:50 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haye -v- Bellew II  (Read 3363 times)
The Flaccid Member and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Tim2366
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2017, 09:12:26 AM »

And it'll probably kill off any progress the sport has made in the past few years. If I was involved in the UFC/MMA scene in the UK I'd be aiming to put free to air shows at decent ticket prices up against this sort of show. Imagine Bisping v GSP was on in London on the same night on BT sport it'd definitely have N IMPACT ON THE PPV at the very least.

If assume the Crolla v Burns card left a decent dent in the Eubank ppv last week. Had John Bishop on locally last night and tonight....his tickets were buy one get one free....sounds like a cheap night but bottom line is the higher attendance the more cash the bars take.
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2017, 09:12:26 AM »

Bonters
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2017, 08:41:01 PM »

To be fair to Hearn, and any other promoters, there is every indication that they could charge way more for tickets than they are doing, hence the resale business such as Stubhub.  I know a certain someone (ahem) who bought 4 x £60 tickets for this fight on the members' presale and then banged them on Stubhub at a higher price than most folk were asking (£150 each), and they were sold in less than 24 hours, and even before the general sale had started!  Folk are prepared to pay that kinda money in the blink of an eye, for a Sunday night show just before Christmas!  I can barely believe it but that's the way it is.  So I sometimes wonder why the promoters don't just charge that kinda money for them in the first place?  There's enough soppy gits around who would pay it.  And then just get pissed up and shout 'Knock him aaaaaart' all night long.  It's staggering!   Roll Eyes
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2017, 03:22:57 PM »

There’s a rumour doing the rounds that Haye’s Injured. Would be the end for him if true.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2017, 07:14:25 PM »

Intrigued by this but don't really expect Hayes body to make it through camp.
I expect to see this postponed until Feb and then cancelled. Fairly sure haye would retire if he could, he's just pushing his body through camps to get paid. Can't see him in a ring again.
Que Bellew telling everyone he retired Haye.

Should have had a bet on this!
Red
Executive Member

Livefight
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 04:36:54 PM »

Hearn has categorically said it's not true - and that Sky have contacted Haye on the rumours, whom 100% denies there are any issues.
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 04:36:54 PM »

Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2017, 06:38:20 PM »

Hearn has categorically said it's not true - and that Sky have contacted Haye on the rumours, whom 100% denies there are any issues.

Has there been an official statement on this or is it just rumours?

A Slice of Life
deck
Executive Member

The Pittsburg Windmill

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2017, 11:51:06 PM »

Yeah but you could never trust a word out of Haye' s mouth.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2017, 09:15:07 AM »

Could be either Haye deliberately leaking some bullshit...in an attempt to get Bellew thinking he's got another sitting duck.

Or could be some truth to it and Haye's bullshitting with his denial....remember his trip to German in the days prior to the first fight where he claimed there was no injury?

I lean to the first option at the moment, but not by much.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2017, 09:55:08 AM »

Could be either Haye deliberately leaking some bullshit...in an attempt to get Bellew thinking he's got another sitting duck.

Or could be some truth to it and Haye's bullshitting with his denial....remember his trip to German in the days prior to the first fight where he claimed there was no injury?

I thinks its more likely Haye says he's not injured and fights anyway with his leg in cast.

Guys skint he will fight if he can as there is not long left in Hayes laughable HW reign
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2017, 10:02:44 AM »

If he's injured then it isn't by carrying weight because the most recent pictures show a very lean Haye.

A Slice of Life
legs

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2017, 10:29:34 AM »

If Haye is telling a few porkies then its not the smartest move as with this being on PPV you don't want doubts in peoples minds as to whether he is doing exactly the same as the first fight.

I think he will fight regardless though as it looks like he needs / wants the money.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2017, 03:01:29 PM »

If he's injured then it isn't by carrying weight because the most recent pictures show a very lean Haye.

Yeah he's certainly dropped a lot of weight which was the right thing to do, but he fights under the suspicion of an injury and his achilles goes again, then nobody will forgive him....apart from Bellew. He got away with it last time because he showed heart, but nobody will have any sympathy or respect for him this time if he knowingly goes in compromised because he's just desperate for a pound note.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2017, 03:14:52 PM »

Fat Dan is reporting that Haye has pulled out of the fight.

Edit:  Looks like it's now confirmed.  It must be the end for Haye, he's essentially made of crisps now.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 03:48:51 PM by The Hurricane » Logged
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2017, 04:08:33 PM »

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11135815/bellew-vs-haye-torn-bicep-forces-david-haye-out-of-december-rematch-with-tony-bellew

I still think it'll happen next year. Could be just a genuine freak injury, but with Haye obviously people will understandably feel more sceptical. Either way disappointing news.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2017, 04:54:43 PM »

A torn bicep is unfortunate and can happen however part of me thinks this was some sort off marketing plan I have never known a main event to be so close to Christmas and on a Sunday night. It leads me to believe its been done to hype the fight massively, no idea why. The Sunday night main event always left me wondering about this fight.

A Slice of Life
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: