LiveFight
June 19, 2018, 01:53:53 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend's Boxing 09.12.17  (Read 2938 times)
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2017, 04:32:54 AM »

**Spoiler**

Frustrated is an understatement. Rigo stank the place out from the start and then quit when it werenít going his way. Couldíve and shouldíve been such a great fight turned into one of the worst Iíve ever seen.
LiveFight
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2017, 04:32:54 AM »

Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2017, 04:33:40 AM »

What a let down. Waited years to See Rigondeux in a fight like this.
jorg21
Executive Member

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2017, 04:40:32 AM »

Awful fight, First round both were feeling each other out but as the rounds went on Rigo just buckled under the pressure from Loma.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2017, 05:10:20 AM »

Wtf happened to smith? Looks like heís been in with mike t
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2017, 09:44:15 AM »

Anyone get on Ogawa?
LiveFight
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2017, 09:44:15 AM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2017, 10:37:06 AM »

George Groves teeet to Degale was superb  Grin
Chris
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2017, 11:37:31 AM »

George Groves teeet to Degale was superb  Grin

Bit snidey wasn't it.

Considering the Degale fight against Jack, it's a very disappointing result, as that was a great fight, and Jack is very good.
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »

Loma/Rigo

Very disappointing fight, Rigo made a decision to call time on the fight rather than suffer the indignity of losing embarrassingly widely on the cards. He wasn't getting hurt, he wasn't taking many punches himself, but he wasn't winning anything and he was struggling to land his big left hand which was imperative to him.

Sounds utterly ridiculous to question his heart after so many years of success in the ring, but he certainly didn't go do or die in there. His back wasn't up against the wall, he didn't allow the wall to get even close. But he was undersized and against someone as gifted as Loma it mattered. A tactical retreat really. But such a disappointment though there was always a possibility it'd fail to deliver.

Truax/Degale

Sad night in that Degale lost to a guy who'd not even have troubled him a few fights back. It appeared like he's got a bum shoulder, whether that was a mental block or whether physical only he knows. He said he felt no pain, but he wasn't throwing it so something wasn't right....but if he can't punch properly with the right hand then he's reached the end of the line.

It was close'ish because Truax is so unremarkable and Degale was able to flurry at times to keep it in the balance, but overall Truax was trying to win whilst Degale was trying not to lose so the right decision. He said afterwards that he wants the rematch but needs to address issues within his camp....not sure what that means but it might be too late anyway if he can't commit to his right hand anymore.

If and its a big 'IF' his shoulder is okay going forward, then he certainly has the beating of Truax and there are still plenty of attractive British options for him against Groves/Eubank/Smith. He's still in a good position to fight the Super series winner because they'll be looking for a big name opponent and all of them will see him as an easyish mark after watching him last night. But he'd be a fool to continue with his career if he would be doing so in essence handicapped, guess we'll find out soon what he intends to do. Thought Groves tweets were very c*ntish tbh. Retweeting Jack was fairly pathetic really.

Farmer/Ogawa

Farmer was robbed blind, nothing much else to say. The Japanese fighter was tough and could see he had the potential to be dangerous if allowed to get into his groove. But Farmer just outskilled and outslicked him and was ripped off by horrendous judging. The sport is being destroyed by these decisions.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2017, 01:59:05 PM »

Loma/Rigo

Very disappointing fight, Rigo made a decision to call time on the fight rather than suffer the indignity of losing embarrassingly widely on the cards. He wasn't getting hurt, he wasn't taking many punches himself, but he wasn't winning anything and he was struggling to land his big left hand which was imperative to him.

Sounds utterly ridiculous to question his heart after so many years of success in the ring, but he certainly didn't go do or die in there. His back wasn't up against the wall, he didn't allow the wall to get even close. But he was undersized and against someone as gifted as Loma it mattered. A tactical retreat really. But such a disappointment though there was always a possibility it'd fail to deliver.

Truax/Degale

Sad night in that Degale lost to a guy who'd not even have troubled him a few fights back. It appeared like he's got a bum shoulder, whether that was a mental block or whether physical only he knows. He said he felt no pain, but he wasn't throwing it so something wasn't right....but if he can't punch properly with the right hand then he's reached the end of the line.

It was close'ish because Truax is so unremarkable and Degale was able to flurry at times to keep it in the balance, but overall Truax was trying to win whilst Degale was trying not to lose so the right decision. He said afterwards that he wants the rematch but needs to address issues within his camp....not sure what that means but it might be too late anyway if he can't commit to his right hand anymore.

If and its a big 'IF' his shoulder is okay going forward, then he certainly has the beating of Truax and there are still plenty of attractive British options for him against Groves/Eubank/Smith. He's still in a good position to fight the Super series winner because they'll be looking for a big name opponent and all of them will see him as an easyish mark after watching him last night. But he'd be a fool to continue with his career if he would be doing so in essence handicapped, guess we'll find out soon what he intends to do. Thought Groves tweets were very c*ntish tbh. Retweeting Jack was fairly pathetic really.

Farmer/Ogawa

Farmer was robbed blind, nothing much else to say. The Japanese fighter was tough and could see he had the potential to be dangerous if allowed to get into his groove. But Farmer just outskilled and outslicked him and was ripped off by horrendous judging. The sport is being destroyed by these decisions.

Watched the farmer fight this morning and once the last bell went I didnít wait to listen to the cwrdscas it was such a formality... how on Earth they gave that to the Japanese kid is beyond me, he won a couple of rds at best. Horrible result.
The Hurricane
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2017, 08:54:07 PM »

Judges will probably score this 60-54 to Benn if it goes the distance.
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2017, 08:49:39 PM »

Judges will probably score this 60-54 to Benn if it goes the distance.

Just watched it, the commentating or should I say cheerleading is sickening.

dmp
Executive Member

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2017, 10:06:31 PM »

what cheerleading do you mean just curious
they had it a draw which was about right
Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2017, 06:08:48 AM »

what cheerleading do you mean just curious
they had it a draw which was about right

Through the fight, originally calling the second knockdown a trip, over emphasizing evenrything Benn did, constant references to his Dad. Reaching for any praise they could give so it didnít look as bad as it was.
jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2017, 07:49:30 AM »

Through the fight, originally calling the second knockdown a trip, over emphasizing evenrything Benn did, constant references to his Dad. Reaching for any praise they could give so it didnít look as bad as it was.

I thought Benn did well to be honest mate.
He didnít fight well obviously but showed massive heart to stay with it and force the decision.
Brilliant scrap.
Dexter_Morgan
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2017, 08:32:56 PM »

Anyone watching the BJS fight this weekend?

A Slice of Life
LiveFight

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: