LiveFight
August 15, 2018, 10:48:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weekend's Boxing 09.12.17  (Read 3263 times)
lurkyshaka
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2017, 09:43:47 PM »

I thought Benn did well to be honest mate.
He didnít fight well obviously but showed massive heart to stay with it and force the decision.
Brilliant scrap.

He certainly proved he's not just a silver spoon job who'd fold when the opposition started punching back. He might have been born into the wealth his dad earned, but he's got the same type of fighting heart. Had to will his way back into that fight when he looked booked for defeat. Fought like sh*t but showed a lot of bottle and desire.

I think a rematch is relevant in the New Year. Chance to do the job properly and certainly the other fella deserves another crack himself after his effort.
LiveFight
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2017, 09:43:47 PM »

Driscoll
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2017, 09:32:42 AM »

I thought Benn did well to be honest mate.
He didnít fight well obviously but showed massive heart to stay with it and force the decision.
Brilliant scrap.

The problems not really with Benn. He was under par but he grafted his way through it. I liked his honesty afterwards as well. It was the commentary through the fight I didnít like.
wbamitch

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2017, 09:31:14 PM »

Obviously haven't posted yet on last week, the fight unfortunately hugely underwhelmed and has put more of a bad look on Rigo than he got already, probably deserved this time round. He could still come back and probably beat the top names at super bantam and featherweight but I'm just not so sure he gets those opportunites after this showing. Loma was himself and by that I mean great, dazzled Rigo and puts himself at the top of p4p for me. This guy is unbelievable and as said beforehand I will always look forward to a fight involving him. I  was just expecting more of an effort from Rigo which in what was one of his first and probably last chances to really shine. Unfortunately I just can't help being dissapointed in what transpired which is why I haven't rushed to watch it back or comment on the fight, maybe I will be able to appreciate it more second time around, just one of those occasions in boxing where it falls below expectations, which were very high for this.

Degale was a huge let down, he chose and underestimated his opponent, set for a blowout really. Even before the absolute nightmare of a fifth round, he was really off. James has been making quick starts in a fair few of his fights and you thought he would do that Saturday and that would be enough to end the fight, usually he does fade late on but it was just horrible right the way through. I thought he might have done enough to scrape a draw but nothing more than that, if anyone was to win it was definately Truax. You would like this to be a wake up call as he can be so much better but like many I do doubt whether he will come back. Shock of the year maybe?? Certainly up there.

jimjack
V.I.P
Executive Member

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2017, 11:38:03 PM »

The problems not really with Benn. He was under par but he grafted his way through it. I liked his honesty afterwards as well. It was the commentary through the fight I didnít like.

Agree mate, commentary is always dire when eddies boys are involved.
Faulks
V.I.P
Executive Member

The Money Team Is Gonna Rip Your Boy A New One

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2017, 09:09:06 AM »

It was a masterful perfomance by Loma, If Rigo had been winning i'd bet money his injury wouldnt of stopped him.
LiveFight
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2017, 09:09:06 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: